• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Update Complaint Thread

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Here are updates I dont like
Widescreen
King DEDEDE(at first)
The Banana Peel
re-reveling every character he already did when the Dojo reopened
The Dec/3/2007 release date (teaser)
Meda Knights moves......TWICE!!!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I would have preferred a different stage from the Prime series; this one doesn't look to good to me. If they wanted a rotating stage, they should have brought Kraid's back. At least that one had Kraid instead of the Parasite Queen, and had one of my favorite songs from the Metroid series. Hopefully this stage is better when you play on it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I would have preferred a different stage from the Prime series; this one doesn't look to good to me. If they wanted a rotating stage, they should have brought Kraid's back. At least that one had Kraid instead of the Parasite Queen, and had one of my favorite songs from the Metroid series. Hopefully this stage is better when you play on it.
Yeah, it looks to me like one of those stages that you can't truly capture the atmosphere of in just a few shots. If Sakurai truly does not hate the Prime series now, here's to hoping he hasn't let us down.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Coin mode makes me think Sakurai doesn't care anymore.
Why? Because he only casually mentioned it in passing?
I'm sure he'll have another update later where he goes into it in detail.
Maybe along with Time, Stock and Bonus

Personally, Porky instead of Pokey really irks me.
It's like he didn't bother to check for an official English translation or something.
Although the name does fit. They should have called him Porky from the beginning!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Why? Because he only casually mentioned it in passing?
I'm sure he'll have another update later where he goes into it in detail.
Maybe along with Time, Stock and Bonus

Personally, Porky instead of Pokey really irks me.
It's like he didn't bother to check for an official English translation or something.
Although the name does fit. They should have called him Porky from the beginning!
MOTHER 3 SPOILERS!?:

I believe he "becomes" Porky when he's the ruler guy. Not that they bother to mention that.

I can't really complain about the update today, just that the Character Drought better end soon.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
ok, i usually dont complain, and i like the updates, but i mean really...

:mad:OMG NINTENDO IS ALL FOR THE PARENTS AND PARENTS THESE DAYS WONT CARE IF THEY ARE PLAYING GAMES AND PEOPLE SEE THE NAME BILL OR FRED. YA, SOME PEOPLE MIGHT PUT SOME "OTHER" WORDS, WELL SET YOUR NAME SEEING THING TO ANANOMAS(SPELLED WRONG, SRRY) AND THEN NO MORE BAD NAMES. GRRRRR, THE ONLY REASON WITH ANYONE IF BETTER THAN LEVEL 9 CPUS IS BECUASE THEY HAVE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE. NINTENDO NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH OTHER ONLINE SYSTEMS. AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE NAMES AND MESSAGES AND AVATARS AND STUFF YOU NEED TO OCLLECT FRIEND CODES. NINTENDO KNOWS THAT PEOPLE AND EVEN KIDS WILL JUST COLLECT FRIEND CODES ONLINE FROM PEOPLE THEY DONT KNOW, WHICH IS JUST AS BAD ONLY MORE ANNOYING. THEY JUST WANT TO PUT A GOOD IMPRESSION ON PARENTS!!!!!!!!!! AS LONG AS THE KIDS ARE SMART ENOUGH TO NOT GIVE PERSONAL INFO, THEY ARE FINE. WHY NOT MAKE A SETTING WHERE YOU CANT SEE NAMES AND STUFF? GRRRRR, IF THEY WOULD JUST LET US SEE NAMES, THEYRE WOULD BE MORE POSSIBLITIES FOR ONLINE FEATURES, LIKE VIOCE CHAT, MESSAGING, LEADERBOARDS, PERSONAL RECORDS, BIOS, ETC. :mad:

Ok, i probably wasnt making alot of sense in that paragraph, but I was just letting off that bit of anger i had in me. the online will still be good, but it just doesn't make sense. nintendo has a bad reputation for online, but if they gave brawl good online, they would get a better one. Im still probably not making much sense. oh well, i just wish we had a better online.:chuckle:

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
im happy you made this thread because there are many complaints because of the updates but i can't complaint because what could be happening is that POSSIBLY Masahiro Sakurai could be revealing all the crapy stuff first then towards the end we could be getting the best updates in the end!

Dais

Smash Cadet
My biggest complaint about the Dojo is this: It seems like Sakurai IS "hung up" on hidden characters (keeping them a secret for as long as possible). He might have most all the starters on the Dojo now and will start showing the unlockables after Jan 24th. (that would explain the drought) Which is fine and dandy BUT, when the entire roster leaks Jan24, or maybe even before that, NOone will really care about the Dojo anymore! Think about it, it'll be EforAll all over again. Besides, who's gonna care about a land mine update when you know the entire awesome roster! So he could have kept the Dojo updates interesting all this time while people still had the potential to care about it.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
My biggest complaint about the Dojo is this: It seems like Sakurai IS "hung up" on hidden characters (keeping them a secret for as long as possible). He might have most all the starters on the Dojo now and will start showing the unlockables after Jan 24th. (that would explain the drought) Which is fine and dandy BUT, when the entire roster leaks Jan24, or maybe even before that, NOone will really care about the Dojo anymore! Think about it, it'll be EforAll all over again. Besides, who's gonna care about a land mine update when you know the entire awesome roster! So he could have kept the Dojo updates interesting all this time while people still had the potential to care about it.
But that's exactly how Smabura Ken worked. It was three months after Melee came out before all the characters were up.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yeah, and how many people cared about the Dojo during those three months?

His point is that that is a silly way to do it.

I say that Sakurai should reveal all the hidden characters before the US release, for the reason that Dais said. I won't care much about the Dojo after the Japanese release. I'll still be interested to see the high quality images, but that's about it. After the American release, I will have almost no interest. Why would I look it at when I could be working on unlocking the characters for myself?

If he's concerned about not spoiling it for people he could do what message boards have had for years: say that it's a spoiler and hide the content from those that wish not to see it. If they can't resist looking at it, they have no one to blame but themselves. If they have a problem with that, what reason do I have to believe they wouldn't look at the spoilers coming from people who have the game?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
RoyalRook, I hope you're being sarcastic.

This week was actually pretty awesome. The Metroid Prime Stage was 10/10, and so was the video posted today. Kirby hats were pretty darn cool too. Hope Sakurai can keep this up.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
RoyalRook, I hope you're being sarcastic.

This week was actually pretty awesome. The Metroid Prime Stage was 10/10, and so was the video posted today. Kirby hats were pretty darn cool too. Hope Sakurai can keep this up.
Riiight. So he spelled intellect wrong. You hope Sakurai can keep posting footage we already know about? Wow. Everyday at the dojo must seem like Christmas morning to you.

Boxob

Smash Champion
The only thing I got out of the video update from Friday was that I thought Bowser's laugh sounded cool.

Other than that the update was crap, with almost all of it being already seen footage.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
It's a great thing that the Dojo is making good updates again. For a few weeks we had the most BORING updates ever. Over ten Game Modes and How to Plays.

But what annoyed me even more than that was what the SMF community thought. They were so hung up on being non-conformists that they couldn't even admit that the Dojo's updates were really lame.

Just because a lot of people think the Dojo's updates were bad doesn't mean that you have to like them.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
It's a great thing that the Dojo is making good updates again. For a few weeks we had the most BORING updates ever. Over ten Game Modes and How to Plays.

But what annoyed me even more than that was what the SMF community thought. They were so hung up on being non-conformists that they couldn't even admit that the Dojo's updates were really lame.

Just because a lot of people think the Dojo's updates were good doesn't mean that you have to like them.
It are Fixed?

00Elf

Smash Journeyman

:mad:OMG NINTENDO IS ALL FOR THE PARENTS AND PARENTS THESE DAYS WONT CARE IF THEY ARE PLAYING GAMES AND PEOPLE SEE THE NAME BILL OR FRED. YA, SOME PEOPLE MIGHT PUT SOME "OTHER" WORDS, WELL SET YOUR NAME SEEING THING TO ANANOMAS(SPELLED WRONG, SRRY) AND THEN NO MORE BAD NAMES. GRRRRR, THE ONLY REASON WITH ANYONE IF BETTER THAN LEVEL 9 CPUS IS BECUASE THEY HAVE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE. NINTENDO NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH OTHER ONLINE SYSTEMS. AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE NAMES AND MESSAGES AND AVATARS AND STUFF YOU NEED TO OCLLECT FRIEND CODES. NINTENDO KNOWS THAT PEOPLE AND EVEN KIDS WILL JUST COLLECT FRIEND CODES ONLINE FROM PEOPLE THEY DONT KNOW, WHICH IS JUST AS BAD ONLY MORE ANNOYING. THEY JUST WANT TO PUT A GOOD IMPRESSION ON PARENTS!!!!!!!!!! AS LONG AS THE KIDS ARE SMART ENOUGH TO NOT GIVE PERSONAL INFO, THEY ARE FINE. WHY NOT MAKE A SETTING WHERE YOU CANT SEE NAMES AND STUFF? GRRRRR, IF THEY WOULD JUST LET US SEE NAMES, THEYRE WOULD BE MORE POSSIBLITIES FOR ONLINE FEATURES, LIKE VIOCE CHAT, MESSAGING, LEADERBOARDS, PERSONAL RECORDS, BIOS, ETC. :mad:

Ok, i probably wasnt making alot of sense in that paragraph, but I was just letting off that bit of anger i had in me. the online will still be good, but it just doesn't make sense. nintendo has a bad reputation for online, but if they gave brawl good online, they would get a better one. Im still probably not making much sense. oh well, i just wish we had a better online.:chuckle:
Next time choose a color that's harder to read.

kackameo

Smash Rookie

Ditto, but I mean why can't they atleast show names I mean whats the fun in beating someone if you dunno who your facing?

kackameo

Smash Rookie
The movie was good though, got quite a bit confirmed. I bet though that Sakurai is waiting for after christmas(around Jan. 3-6) to make better updates. so be paitent

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Uh, no. You made it incorrect, as a matter of fact. My post was fine to start with.
Huh. That's odd. Because it made no sense.

For example, first you're talking about how people are not conforming (i.e. the majority believes the updates are great - therefore non-conformists believe updates are lame) and that these same people can't admit that the updates are lame. That's really strange, because I count myself as one of these and have no problem saying that the updates sucked.

Then there's THIS quote -
"Just because a lot of people think the Dojo's updates were bad doesn't mean that you have to like them."

So on one hand, we have conformists who hear - Sakurai is god! What great updates! - and then will also say as much. Non-conformists by definition will call Sakurai on his bull**** updates. So the quote is talking about the non-conformists not liking updates which translates to other people liking updates? There's no causality between people disliking updates and a positive opinion generated towards those same updates for others.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai's favouring a fat piece of flab. Where's my real Fusion Suit Samus, eh?

*shakes Sakurai until his head comes off*

Kittah4

Smash Ace
What ticks me off is how negative some of the updates are of late. Negative things Sakurai has drilled into our faces:

-There's going to be NO communication OR names online AT ALL for With Anyone (reinforced at least once)
-Heavy language suggesting Ness' exclusion from Brawl (Earthbound fans < Mother fans)
-All AT's recently have reminded us, as if we keep forgetting, that they won't be playable, perhaps as an extra slap to the fans of those characters
-"Wario Alone", shutting down hope of more costume changes, instead of nurturing the "endless possibility" idea brawl is. (Theres even a trophy of proper Fusion samus! Why not make it a costume?)

You'd think he would hide at least some of the disappointing news so gamers could find out themselves, and that dissapointment be squelched somewhat by all the awesome they are experiencing.

Rash

Smash Ace
That bit about the AT's is a little off. I mean, obviously there's a good reason why Sakurai should just come out and state that Waluigi isn't playable. I mean, if there's one audience worth being negative to, it's the one that actually supported Waluigi as a playable character.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
That bit about the AT's is a little off. I mean, obviously there's a good reason why Sakurai should just come out and state that Waluigi isn't playable. I mean, if there's one audience worth being negative to, it's the one that actually supported Waluigi as a playable character.
The thing is, it states on the first AT update that no AT will be playable. To continue reminding the fans of said characters that they are unplayable is a bit overkill.

Not that I like Waluigi, Gray Fox, or Saki and want them playable, but its still a negative vibe. (only AT I wanted playable so far is Lyn, and hers didn't beat you over the head with her unplayability)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sakurai is batting 0 in the month of November and December.

1. We haven't had a character add on in like....4 ever....

2. He has yet to do anything about adding Megaman on Brawl.

3. If he doesn't have a good update in store for us tomorrow or New Years Day, then just.....just spare us all the trouble and go eat turkey with your family cause I'd rather see NO UPDATE then a crappy one.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Sakurai is batting 0 in the month of November and December.

1. We haven't had a character add on in like....4 ever....

2. He has yet to do anything about adding Megaman on Brawl.

3. If he doesn't have a good update in store for us tomorrow or New Years Day, then just.....just spare us all the trouble and go eat turkey with your family cause I'd rather see NO UPDATE then a crappy one.
I agree.
Its bad enough that the good updates got me addicted to the Dojo as it is, so it keeps me going back for more dissappointment?
Its not really that fair IMO.
-DD

the grim lizard

Smash Master
QFT. Anyone who supported Waluigi in Brawl deserves to get made fun of.

The thing is, it states on the first AT update that no AT will be playable. To continue reminding the fans of said characters that they are unplayable is a bit overkill.

Not that I like Waluigi, Gray Fox, or Saki and want them playable, but its still a negative vibe. (only AT I wanted playable so far is Lyn, and hers didn't beat you over the head with her unplayability)
Actually, I think it's hilarious. I'm glad most of the ATs/Pokeballs are what they are. And I think that isn't how Sakurai is looking at it either. I'm sure he thinks he's doing us a favor by including them instead of leaving them out altogether.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sonic's FS, something we already knew about, for Christmas Day?

I mean, I know he's Japanese and Christmas is a western thing, but throw us a ****in bone please.

Top Bottom