• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Update Complaint Thread

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Todays update is garbage. Friends already implement a rotation system on their own, they don't need a f**king game to mircomanage it for them.

Waste of an update.

Now I must go complain in other threads.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
more stuff
Holy crap! Two amazing posts back to back! What are the chances? Today's update made me glad that I went to bed instead (as is the norm now). If you can't just pass on your controller to your friend without spending 15 minutes rigging up some ridiculously complex scheme, you're... an idiot. And if you have 16 people over at your house all wanting to play Brawl, you have no sense of social organization. BACk OFF! Get your own Wii! (anyone remember those commercials?) Anyway, if there's that many people at my house, we're going to do something different. If there's less, then just play loser out or two losers out or two winners out. It's NOT THAT HARD.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if people complain or not, but the reality of it is that they are doing fillers because of the delay, so there's not choice but to wait for January and/or a gem. It is a sign that we are itching for good info on Brawl because it's the only thing that can satisfy our thirst. It's a testiment to the glory of Smash to complain about the updates.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
dang....another filler update.....EVEN I AM FRUSTRATED!
i can't see ANITHING good about this update....

M.K

Level 55
I agree, my hype for this game went from "almost caring about it more than my own well-being" to "well, let's see what crappy update we have today."
I agree so much with Erimir. I disagree with SamuraiPanda, we aren't priveleged to get this, it's the same as any other game's marketing, just released bit by bit every day instead of in large chunks.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
We should be thankful to know that Brawl has an options menu. Most gamers don't get to know that there's an options menu or what's in it until they buy the game! It's a privilege to have a sneak peak at the option to turn rumble on or off or change the volume settings. A privilege!

Or maybe it's just another boring update. Hmm...

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I don't even stay up for updates anymore. I'd rather go to bed at midnight and be unable to sleep (due to unnatural circadian rhythms) than stay up for disappointment. Sakurai has effectively killed the hype for me. Duh, still getting the game later, but the sales machine is now obsolete. He should just stop updating the dojo until he has something interesting to post.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
instuction booklet material for another update! my goodness! give us something good like Krystal, or Ridley(not geno though)

maxieman

Smash Ace
I don't even stay up for updates anymore. I'd rather go to bed at midnight and be unable to sleep (due to unnatural circadian rhythms) than stay up for disappointment. Sakurai has effectively killed the hype for me. Duh, still getting the game later, but the sales machine is now obsolete. He should just stop updating the dojo until he has something interesting to post.
I agree Id rather know there isnt any updates and not bother than constantly checking in hopes of a good one and i get a cruddy "Friend code" or "options" update

you may argue "You dont HAVE to check it you know" but really, if you know theres a potentially awesome update on the dojo your not just gonna forget about it.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would prefer Geno actually, he has original Nintendo roots (he also is in a mario game). Krystal, has low poltential, besides most the reasons why people want her is because she is basically a Fox, I still do not think that she has the intelligence for it (referencing assault), also it is not her area, she is too "knew"...When I first "met" her she has never seemed like the type for Brawl...Human attraction to Animals (I'll stop that there) is not a good thing...

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
I would prefer Geno actually, he has original Nintendo roots (he also is in a mario game). Krystal, has low poltential, besides most the reasons why people want her is because she is basically a Fox, I still do not think that she has the intelligence for it (referencing assault), also it is not her area, she is too "knew"...When I first "met" her she has never seemed like the type for Brawl...Human attraction to Animals (I'll stop that there) is not a good thing...
no potential compared to a wooden doll...oh wow. really Krystal would have tons of potential using her staff why do you think Sakurai was so interested in her(he was with Geno too but as much)

now wait not all Krystal fans are furries. you only notice those who are! but you dont notice the ones who arent making it seem like there are a whole lot of them.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
The music in today's update completely makes up for the horrible Options update.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Wow, the amount of naivete I have seen on these boards is amazing. I should really change my major to business so I can take advantage of this demographic.

And it's not a privilege, it's a marketing strategy. One that I've have seen other games use as well.

But this thread is a good idea because at least all of the complaints will be focused in one place with people who mainly agree with one another.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
The past updates have been horrible, boring, predictable, and well down right diapointing. Ever since the sonic update it has been down hill, I think sakura is reaching for the bottom of the barrel for these updates, I mean an options menu, I knew it was coming and who cares. As well I hope sakurai has at least some goodies left in his bag of updates like, answering my questions about dixie, or at least posting another charecter.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
The past updates have been horrible, boring, predictable, and well down right diapointing. Ever since the sonic update it has been down hill, I think sakura is reaching for the bottom of the barrel for these updates, I mean an options menu, I knew it was coming and who cares. As well I hope sakurai has at least some goodies left in his bag of updates like, answering my questions about dixie, or at least posting another charecter.
He is defiantly saving something big, oh and in the December issue of GameInformer they had a picture in a report on Brawl, and one of the pictures was of Diddy and Dixie, Diddy was in his brawl form, and Dixie looked like she was done in a SSB style as well, GameInformer isn't the one to lye either.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
He is defiantly saving something big, oh and in the December issue of GameInformer they had a picture in a report on Brawl, and one of the pictures was of Diddy and Dixie, Diddy was in his brawl form, and Dixie looked like she was done in a SSB style as well, GameInformer isn't the one to lye either.
if you remeber the nintendo conference video on the dojo, somewhere around that trophy scene.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well at least tonight's update wasn't just another menu or something else almost completely uninteresting. Too bad it was a stage we already knew about. It's nice to get some good pics of it tho.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*eye twitches*

It's not just todays update that hasn't come up with the goods, they've been accumalating as of late. Why, I don't know...I think we're being punished for something.

Ok, FESS UP! Which one of you put a whoopie cushion under Sakurai's chair again? jk

^^Yup, that could be our only explanation to crappy updates....that or someone's selling Sakurai Dart Boards like hotcakes on ebay.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Where are all the conplaints about the Mario Circuit update? It's one of the oldest things ever. :laugh:
Have you tried looking up a post or two recently? Don't worry. The update really isn't great but I don't care enough to complain this time.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Where are all the conplaints about the Mario Circuit update? It's one of the oldest things ever. :laugh:
True, that stage is old as dirt, however, the graphics looked oh so sweet so it was kind of a 50/50 update. 50 was dissapointing and the other 50 was good because this stage is done and out of the way. That and Mario looks good taking a swing at a Shy Guy. Hey batter batter batter!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I wish the stage were more exciting. Or that characters who weren't selected to fight can be seen racing around the track - DK leaving banana peels? People getting hit by shells every once in a while? The stage is so plain.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Finally a truly interesting update!

Now, it might not be as exciting as a new character or something of that sort, but it tells us something about characters. And he actually did a double AT update instead of just one.

Maybe, just maybe, this is foreshadowing for next week.

Also I mean ummm...

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! I wanted Stafy and Waluigiiiiiiii!

vesperview

Smash Hero
SAKURAI IS STILL AMAZING AND EPIC! STOP MAKING FUN OF HIM! Sakurai is doing an INCREDIBLE JOB AT MAKING THIS GAME, POSSIBLY THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor Sakurai right? Gimme a break, the guy makes millions from these games, he should show what people want to see, all of his game mode and how to play updates can be in the stupid game booklet.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think at least a few points on this thread are in line with my thoughts.

I am typically not unhappy with the updates. Widescreen was incredibly disappointing and Metaknight's special moves for the second time frustrated me a bit, but other than those two I have not seen an update that I really thought "SAKURAI, WHY?"

That's not to say they are just as interesting as they used to be, but really, I think E for All really hurt us a lot. That was the spoiler of all spoilers, look how many updates have contained information found at E for All, and look at how much was learned from that which we have yet to see on the Dojo.

This last week was great though, in my opinion. Two characters deconfirmed (almost as good as confirming them), a stage that we had seen glimpses of but never much of it, an awesome song, and I was personally happy with the Options menu for two reasons: he could have given us the rest of that information separately, and he showed us the main menu, which was something I was curious about. I think the updates might start heating up again soon, I hope so at least. Especially since Sakurai wants to reveal as much as he can on his own.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
Okay, i understand that Sakurai wants to produce more co-operative content, but Co-op Event and Break the Target Matches? What happened to challenge? I know i can just stick to the normal modes... just WHAT THE ****?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Okay, i understand that Sakurai wants to produce more co-operative content, but Co-op Event and Break the Target Matches? What happened to challenge? I know i can just stick to the normal modes... just WHAT THE ****?
I don't see anything wrong with them, except that it takes away from the uniqueness of Break the Targets associated with each character. I thought we already knew about co-op for Break the Targets though, did we not? I remember hearing about it, because someone said something about breaking times even faster this way.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I don't see anything wrong with them, except that it takes away from the uniqueness of Break the Targets associated with each character. I thought we already knew about co-op for Break the Targets though, did we not? I remember hearing about it, because someone said something about breaking times even faster this way.
It does take away from the uniqueness of Break the Targets per character. Makes them too easy and personally breaking a solo run's time with twice the players is just silly to me.

Though I did jump the gun on co-op event matches, it was late, I was tired, I apologize. It seems they are taking 2 v 2 Matches in Event mode from melee so you can do them with a player instead of a poorly programmed AI computer. Plus you can still ramp the difficulty.

Top Bottom