• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronsxedge

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I was just curious if the possibility of the leaker confusing Ike and chrom has been discussed? I hope that isn't the case, but since he didn't exactly know specific names and maybe because of Ike's new design, is it possible?

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If @ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef STILL denies this now... we've got a serious case of denial
Nah, dude, see, the guy never mentioned that Pac-Man is based off of his Pac-Man World form and that he turns into Retro Pac-Man. Not to mention, he never mentions Game & Watch coming back, so there's definitely something wrong here. Plus, anyone could have guessed Pac-Man, why's anyone surprised here? Plus, he never mentions you can't use Mii Fighter online, either. Just, enormous holes in the leak, guys. The Gematsu Leak is a huge farce and you guys are totally buying into it. Seriously, why do you guys cling to it? Wake up, sheeple.

Just foolin'. I'm honestly more upset about not being able to see the reveal trailer than me potentially being wrong. The more I hear about Pac-Man the more interested I am to see him in action. Pretty hype.

Great day to be a Smash fan.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I like Mii. I like Pac-Man. And I like this leak.

But damn, I'm gonna miss Lucas.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
It is very doubtful the leak is false now.

Lets just hope for more characters besides the ones listed.

IMO this leak + ridley/dk newcomer/mewtwo(to appease fans, I am baised for k rool <3) = a pretty good roster in my eyes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pack it up boys, we done here.
The leak is legit, but we don't know what parts are accurate. Palutena being revealed doesn't mean much. He couldn't name Greninja on the day of, despite having up-to-date info.

And I still highly doubt a DK newcomer won't be in. Lack of Isaac also disappoints, maybe post-release DLC?

Aaronsxedge

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I was just curious if the possibility of the leaker confusing Ike and chrom has been discussed? I hope that isn't the case, but since he didn't exactly know specific names and maybe because of Ike's new design, is it possible?
Anyone have a theory?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like to note that this doesn't prove all 3 pieces of the leak right, just one piece.

The rest still has to happen.

I'm calling it "beyond likely real", but yeah.

N0ble1

Smash Rookie
It will work with persistence, it worked for me after I got the 502 error.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
There are certain people that I would very much like to call out on Pac-Man... but I'm just gonna be the bigger person.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i can accept Kid Icarus having a 2nd character even with many franchises are still not represented or some already represented franchises dont have enough representation. I can accept Wii series taking 4 spots in the game. I can accept that my favorite characters are not going to be in Smash. I can accept 3 blue-haired lords. I can even accept Chorus Man.

But Pac-Man being revealed like this, through the information of a twitter-page of anyone that is assisting at a roundtable is just...
Disapointing, horrible... This ruined the E3. I was really happy to see fresh things like Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, The new Zelda of Wii U, those Kirby and Yoshi games, Bayonneta 2, Xenoblade Wii U.

Amiibo... everything was perfect...

Why do they have to ruin all like this? A character revealed through a Twitter. Ghost!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sweet though...this is a terrible reveal not showing the trailer to everyone... seems like bad marketing if i was namco i'd be mad.

Nitro_Hamster

Smash Cadet
He was supposed to be replaced by Lucas in Melee, but due to Mother 3 not being out, Lucas was delayed until Brawl and Ness was safe.
I know that, but he wasnt cut, so they shouldnt have even been considering cutting him because hes been in the game since Smash 64

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Remember, there's 3 separate leaks. Only the first one is confirmed. We need DLC to actually confirm the 3rd leak. For the 2nd, Shulk, Chorus Men/Marshall, and Chrom have to show up.

I know we want to think everything is blatantly confirmed, but just some of it is. Let's wait to see. Regardless of how likely it is(which is severely) to be real, we can't say all the leaks are confirmed till it actually happens.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sweet though...this is a terrible reveal not showing the trailer to everyone... seems like bad marketing if i was namco i'd be mad.
I think its because they knew Pac-Man wouldn't bring as much hype as Mega Man or Sonic.

The press are liveblogging and revealing info that way.

Shroob

Sup?
It does suck that we have no idea when Pac-Man and Game&Watch will hit the site, if at all for who knows how long.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nah, dude, see, the guy never mentioned that Pac-Man is based off of his Pac-Man World form and that he turns into Retro Pac-Man. Not to mention, he never mentions Game & Watch coming back, so there's definitely something wrong here. Plus, anyone could have guessed Pac-Man, why's anyone surprised here? Plus, he never mentions you can't use Mii Fighter online, either. Just, enormous holes in the leak, guys. The Gematsu Leak is a huge farce and you guys are totally buying into it. Seriously, why do you guys cling to it? Wake up, sheeple.

Just foolin'. I'm honestly more upset about not being able to see the reveal trailer than me potentially being wrong. The more I hear about Pac-Man the more interested I am to see him in action. Pretty hype.

Great day to be a Smash fan.
Dude, YOU'RE upset? I'M FREAKING DYING HERE! I've been screaming for the past hour! I need to see him in action! xD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think its because they knew Pac-Man wouldn't bring as much hype as Mega Man or Sonic.

The press are liveblogging and revealing info that way.
For me, at least

He adds more hype than Palutena or Mii

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
He can summon DIG-DUG AND GALAGA SHIP!

And he has his own stage!

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Michael "TYP" Cole:
Q: when was Greninja chosen to be added?

8:03
Neal Ronaghan:
Q: When did they decide to include Greninja?

"Pokémon from X & Y"

:colorful:

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Gematsu leak's most likely confirmed by this. I'm a bit dubious that the roster is still up in the air with 3 months to go, but even if the source isn't right about that, he's gotten enough characters correct to be considered credible.

I don't necessarily expect Chrom or Chorus Men before the end of E3, as the source typically isn't spot-on with the timing, but they seem very likely to appear on the final roster.

Can't believe that they showed the trailer behind closed doors instead of at the end of the tournament.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Pac-Man is in... Mii is in... So that means Chrom will be in the game. Great, one more blue-haired sword user FE rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom