• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
The fact that he got the exact name 'Mii Fighter' pretty much convinces me that this leak is legitimate.
Or at least that Sal has a credible source(s).

There are SO many possibilities when considering how the information is getting to us.
Is it all from the same source? Is the source altering information? Is Sal altering information?
As can be proven now, Sal did alter information in that he originally received a character name as 'Mii Fighter' in an email, but decided to post it as just 'Mii' to the public.

And so, there are arguments to be made by both sides. Does everything on the leak have to be confirmed/debunked in order for it to be agreed legit/fake? There is no clear answer to this, which is why people will continue to argue.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, but not Mii Fighter.
Arguable. I thought a customizable moveset was their best chance. Or a unique one.

Also, he said Mii FIGHTER just before the list. He originally only said Mii in the first leak. Just to note. Either he didn't give all the information or clearly wasn't fired but got a few things wrong due to being changed on him.

However, the fact he brought fourth that information right before shows that he clearly knew it.

Barring (major) disconfirmations, I think this leak is currently real.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for sharing your insider info Sal! I'm glad we have confirmation of post-release DLC though it stinks to hear that Lucas will most likely get cut from the initial release. :urg:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So now no Lucas. This thing gets more disappointing with each new part. I'm starting to think the RosalinaX thing is true as well. Especially if Snake does not return.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now though, the question remains... If Lucas is indeed cut, but the RosalinaX leak turns out to be true... does this mean Mewtwo is back?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So now no Lucas. This thing gets more disappointing with each new part. I'm starting to think the RosalinaX thing is true as well. Especially if Snake does not return.
He said Lucas hasn't been decided yet. That was it.

But DLC is in, so he'll likely be back. Unless the DLC costs money, there shouldn't be any real issues bar people with bad online. And the 3DS and Wii U are really easy to get online, to be fair.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering...

If the 3DS version doesn't come out 'till October 3rd...does that mean we could possibly get even more newcomers than just those leaked by Sal? If so, I would be completely fine with the Sal Leak.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Just wondering...

If the 3DS version doesn't come out 'till October 3rd...does that mean we could possibly get even more newcomers than just those leaked by Sal? If so, I would be completely fine with the Sal Leak.
I doubt it. Sakurai specifically mentioned having to get a big Debug team to fix bugs and such. Characters, as far as the disc goes, are probably completely decided by this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just wondering...

Considering they've shown all but four of them now, that seems extremely likely. There's no way they'd release the game with only four new characters not known before release, especially now that it's been confirmed that Little Mac, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are in the starting roster.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"Goddess Palutena" essentially cancels out "Mii Fighter".
Your point makes no sense. It does not. Goddess Palutena is who she is. You're wrong bud stop bringing this nonsense to other threads

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Seriously?
Like, seriously?
are you for real?
Are you kidding me?
Just....Just no.
A leak getting a major detail. LIKE A CHARACTERS NAME wrong immediately raises a red flag.

You can't justify a leak by saying "but he got Mii Fighter" right, and just dismiss the fact that he completely got a character's name wrong. Well you can, but only if you want to be ignorant to the truth.

The fact is that BOTH characters revealed today were shoo-ins. So today changes NOTHING. If Chrom and Chorus Men get in? Yeah the leak was legit, and Sal's "source" is just the worst leaker ever for creating so many holes and leaving so much room for doubt. Until then, there's still no substantial evidence supporting the leak.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You guys are seriously babies. "Boring roster". Can't you just be happy with what you're given? We don't even know if we are getting more. Just because the game is not loaded with characters doesn't mean it is a bad game. Look into the other parts of the game rather than characters.

Anyways, I am happy either way Sal was right or wrong and if we are getting DLC thats pretty cool too. :D

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A leak getting a major detail. LIKE A CHARACTERS NAME wrong immediately raises a red flag.

You can't justify a leak by saying "but he got Mii Fighter" right, and just dismiss the fact that he completely got a character's name wrong. Well you can, but only if you want to be ignorant to the truth.

The fact is that BOTH characters revealed today were shoo-ins. So today changes NOTHING. If Chrom and Chorus Men get in? Yeah the leak was legit, and Sal's "source" is just the worst leaker ever for creating so many holes and leaving so much room for doubt. Until then, there's still no substantial evidence supporting the leak.
Wait.. .are you for or against the leak? I just said that cause everyone else was doing it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Warning Received
because it's only fun if Ridley is in right? LOL
If it was just missing Ridley, sure, whatever. But it's also missing Mewtwo and K. Rool.

And it's got ****ing Chorus Men. Like who the **** even cares.

Can't you just be happy with what you're given?

If somebody handed me a bucket of ****, I'm not going to be happy just because someone gave it to me. Especially if I have to shell out sixty ****in' dollars for it. Smash Bros. is nothing without the characters. It would bore the hell out of me if it was just a bunch of no-name original characters fighting over goofy items with terrible balancing.

Call me "not a real Smash fan" or whatever you want. If a game doesn't live up to my expectations, I'm not going to buy it just because some guy "WORKED REAL HARD" on it.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait.. .are you for or against the leak? I just said that cause everyone else was doing it.
I'm for the truth.

"Goddess Palutena" is a HUGE red flag against it, but "Mii Fighter" gives it a little more credit. Until we see more characters, ones that weren't shoo-ins there's no possible way to know if it's legit or not.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
If it was just missing Ridley, sure, whatever. But it's also missing Mewtwo and K. Rool.

And it's got ****ing Chorus Men.
I would argue that chorus men are conceptionally a lot more intetesting of a charcter then mewtwo or k rool. They'd be unique and add something new to the table.

I personally love the roster so far and you seem to only be calling it **** and boring because you dont like the character choices.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm for the truth.

"Goddess Palutena" is a HUGE red flag against it, but "Mii Fighter" gives it a little more credit. Until we see more characters, ones that weren't shoo-ins there's no possible way to know if it's legit or not.
To be honest, we should cancel out Mii and Palutena both credible to the leak, 'cause the first leak says 'Mii' and 'Palutena', but the second says 'Mii Fighter' and 'Goddess Palutena'. So I'd say in this case, they both cancel out and we're back where we were.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm for the truth.

All the Youtube Trailers for Palutena were Goddess of Light. Goddess Palutena is in no way a "HUGE red flag."

UltimateWario

Smash Master
you seem to only be calling it **** and boring because you dont like the character choices.
Uh, yes. That is the gist of it. That's the gist of not liking anything ever, really.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about concept. I care about the character. Mario is by far the most boring character in the game, but he's cool because, well, he's Mario. Ridley could be purple Charizard with more tail attacks and I'd still main him, day one, because he's Ridley.

Somewhere, in all this speculation, people seem to forget that not everyone cares about Smash on the deepest level. I love Metroid. Therefore, I want Metroid properly represented. THEREFORE, I want Ridley in because he's a cool-ass character and the main villain of Metroid. I don't care how unique he is or isn't. He's Ridley. That's all I care about.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why does everyone think Mewtwo is a newcomer?:dizzy:
Apparently because it's the second Mewtwo from the anime. Returning from a previous game and naming it Mewtwo again is... a veteran. It's as different as OOT style Link and TP style Link.

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Will it be back(as a veteran, obviously) or not? Who knows.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys, chill out. Until we know the full roster all of this complaining (especially concerning veterans) is unwarranted. Let's wait and see what happens at the roundtable tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom