• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
It smelled funny.

I was awed by the skill levels that I encountered while there.

Watching Dr.PP helps me see what sort of work I need to put into my general gameplay -- I have a lot of smoothing out to do and just crap to learn.

My buddy was definitely impressed, too. He's sure to be eager to attend another with me in the future, even if he was horribly matched with some far-advanced players for his skill level. It was bound to happen to some people, sure, but he got struck out on his first matches due to the seeding, where I feel I should have been placed in an ever-so-slightly more challenging position in the brackets than I was, seeing how I went to my fifth round before being eliminated by an overwhelmingly better player.

I see how the skill level issue isn't easy to manage, though, but it's something to consider for maintaining tournament...uh, "integrity" ? if that's an appropriate word. Rocks should play against rocks before they get run into papers.

Overall, the event was fun, though.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
It's good to hear you weren't discouraged, sai. As far as brackets go, from the little experience I have, they seem to prioritize moving strong players away from each other over even competition throughout. And I can see why they do it this. If they had PP vs M2K first round, while evenly matched (herpderp), one would have to go into losers bracket and that would be pretty bad. They would either just sweep through losers, facing even more poorly matched players (mango), or they could lose to someone equally good that got there the same way and be out for good.

i got a really strong shiek (tope) my first round of the first g6 and he owned me. But my losers bracket was more evenly matched so felt better about it.

I don't know, brackets are weird and I'm ********. I just hope you had fun! :3

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The thing is, I was the best Falcon there. I'm not bad at this game.

I just got Falcons worst mu a couple times which ****ed me up. One of em were PP.

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
I just hope to see everyone again for more smash. I love my Melee world at home, but the spice isn't as tangy anymore.

When I get off of my orders, I'll be out and about more often.

Meanwhile, I'm still at the base if anyone locally wants to play in the afternoons this week.

Next week, I'll be on night shift so I won't be doing any venturing outside the base for fun.

If you're maybe 15 minutes away from the Air base, look me up!

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
Oh god, don't say anything that will make him want to start playing again. Cause he'll just start owning me again 24/7.

Btw I heard from CFMR, said he would play again if sai starts playing with us. So we can do TEAMSSS.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's cool, don't say anything about CFMR. I see how it is.

nobody is beating anyone elses birds on my watch!

I call FOWL play, gentlemen.

:3

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont understand how you can spend years looking for people and then when people show up you dont want to play anymore

what bad luck =[

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
cause it was too ****ing long and the game is boring to me now. plus job/college and real life ****, only got time for 1 game and that usually ends up being League of Legends but if people quit that too I'll end up dropping it too, but the plus is the game is online, and I can play against real people when I want to

Melee is just too boring to me now, I've mained nearly every char at one point or another. and no offense but there would have to be many people around me, better than me, for me to be interested.

and Eric always talked ****, so it's just same old same old in my eyes. you're not gonna get me to be upset or retort somehow. wanna be best in state go for it. I'm the best in state at Turok Rage Wars but nobody gives a **** cause it's nothing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
sorry Eric I didn't mean to go in THAT hard >_>;

I've also been meaning to ask; who the **** is the fifth person in your sig? I know everyone else, but... thats just too damn goofy. (purple hair)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It's okay. I know you well enough to know you don't hate me. At least I think you don't. We should still like hang out when I got a car. We don't have to play smash you know. >_>

That's Devo/D'Bo from Jojo's Bizarre Adeventure. It's a manga turned Fighting Game from Capcom made in the 90s. He controls a doll like Carl except he has more control over the doll. Plus the dolls creepy as ****. It's pretty damn good.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I've wanted to watch/read Jojo's for a VERY long time, no lie.

and I don't hate many people. Maybe only 2 of which are in this state.

CFMR is a guy in charleston who played melee with me and kodiak(william) but then he kinda stopped playing.

Kirafication

Smash Rookie
Hai guyz. How be this place? Active at all today? I'm just a veteran coming back to SSB. Just got me a Wii again, had to go buy the game. And I live in SC. Pretty epic, no?

Top Bottom