• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey guys, what's up? It's been forever and a day, what's going on with the community? New people playing? Tournaments? How's the scene? Anybody still active around here?

Edit- I wrote a HUGE post before this, but I'll repost that another time once I have a better idea of how to present it. If you saw what was in that post, please disregard everything I said until I repost it later.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Also I love how MLG took over Smashboards, yet they don't even have the common courtesy to put ANY of the Smash games onto the MLG circuit. Seriously what a slap in the face. "Hay we took over your boards and won't even give you a chance to compete in a pro circuit even though we did that BEFORE we took over Smashboards". What on earth does MLG gain by controlling smashboards when they don't even let us compete in MLG for Smash? That sounds so stupid, talk about a gigantic tease.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Aren't they? Granted I haven't been here in forever and that last comment was based on the ignorant "what if" scenario if MLG still has control. I dunno to be honest, I don't care enough to check lol

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Pretty sure they are. MLG ran Brawl when they had crashboards, but then they dropped Brawl almost immediately after.

Thanks to Harris Teeter I work every single day except Saturday this week, so, yeah.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I was introduced to what we call the "gauntlet" in like 2006 or so by Prac in Georgia when there were 3 of us. It's where you all start at Doc Mario and play, 1st place moves ahead 2 char spots, 2nd place moves once, and last place stays on Doc. So 2nd match is Always Doc, Mario, Luigi. only after that does it get weird. If it's been called other names I have been unaware.

I've done tons of em' and with many variations (stages, Sheik/Zelda as 2 characters) my favorite of which is that Roy isn't the last spot, but Random is. It makes it a little easier for the player who pulls ahead, or it makes it harder, who knows. I love making Random the last one <3

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
I was introduced to what we call the "gauntlet" in like 2006 or so by Prac in Georgia when there were 3 of us. It's where you all start at Doc Mario and play, 1st place moves ahead 2 char spots, 2nd place moves once, and last place stays on Doc. So 2nd match is Always Doc, Mario, Luigi. only after that does it get weird. If it's been called other names I have been unaware.

I've done tons of em' and with many variations (stages, Sheik/Zelda as 2 characters) my favorite of which is that Roy isn't the last spot, but Random is. It makes it a little easier for the player who pulls ahead, or it makes it harder, who knows. I love making Random the last one <3
Charlie introduced it to me, it's pretty much the same game. He dubbed it "Around the World" so that's what we've been calling it

Top Bottom