• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
So what's been goin' on since I've been away guys? Anyone here actively going to tournaments or are we all just hanging around these days? =3

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Sup guys I went to the GA tournament and represented SC! I'll do better next time :) Also I just thought of the dumbest idea ever- Spectator money matches! It's where if a spectator wants to watch two people go at it, they pay the particular people a set amount of money each to play against each other at their best. Like say I wanted a $10 spectator match between Reflex and Kismet? I'd give them each $10 and watch them play =). This is purely a fan based thing, but still kind of a cool thought. You could coerce top tier people to play for your entertainment where otherwise they may not have had the chance to play due to setup restrictions/gay brackets/etc

The Director

Smash Lord
I'd give them each $10 and watch them play =). This is purely a fan based thing, but still kind of a cool thought. You could coerce top tier people to play for your entertainment where otherwise they may not have had the chance to play due to setup restrictions/gay brackets/etc
That's a neat idea but what's to stop the two combatants from just SDing over and over?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
That's a neat idea but what's to stop the two combatants from just SDing over and over?
If people want to watch two people play, they give the money to the TO to hold onto. So if I wanted to watch Reflex and M2K play, I'd give the TO a certain amount of money to request to watch a match of them playing. The TO would then monitor the fight as a judge to avoid it became unruly. If so, they would not earn any money. Mew2King! Come in here and laugh at my idea.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Alright South Carolina, we need to step our game up. We're essentially dead, and I know I'm partially to blame here. From poorly keeping up with this thread to never showing up to tournaments, I pretty much died in the scene. When I finally decided to come back I was a bit disheartened to see that South Carolina's scene for both games is essentially non existent. Lately I have become active again (went to a tournament in GA on the 25th, took 9th in both Melee and brawl after preparing for 1 day via level 1 bowsers and I hadn't played in a year since for either games). This tournament reignited my love for smash, so I wanna come back to help the scene.

Here's the deal guys. I'm thinking of possibly beginning to host small smashfests at my house for both Brawl and Melee, and would like to offer the possibility of others using this idea as well so that we could effectively train for tournaments. Basically if we could get like 4-5 people in the community who would be willing to host smashfests at their own personal time, I think we could all get some wonderful training in, especially before tournaments. We are all so isolated and we have to break that somehow, and I think smashfests would be a great way to do that. My driveway is modest though that's the thing LOL. Apartments would be way more ideal for this sort of thing. If 15 cars show up there's no way I can accommodate for them.

What do you think of this guys? This is definitely NOT a proposition at the moment, I'm throwing the idea out here to see what others think. If it doesn't fly then whatever, but I'd thought I'd give it a try =D.
Also I'm gonna edit the first post to make it better. Also, intentional double post. You SC players are so inactive in my thread now = /

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
We are most certainly not dead. There's a group of us in Columbia, some more in Clemson, etc. We just dont organize **** on here anymore because none of us check this with any sort of regularity. apparently there's a ton of people in goose creek that all play, although I have yet to play any of them. dont be fooled by our lack of activity on the thread, we are very much alive.

if smashfests every once in a while is a route that we want to take, I feel like a clemson/columbia/charleston (C3 Smash? crazy) rotation would be cool. i know a few of those NC guys like to come down and help us out, surely they'd continue to support.

my two cents

also, sup kidd, long time no see. we need to play again soon, i've gotten a lot better since you played me like.. a year ago?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i will always be a supporter of SC. bden likes to come down as well, but with him at ECU, it'll probably be tougher for him. let me know when the northernmost of the three (i think that'd be columbia...not sure of my SC geography...) hosts one. or at least let it be known on the thread lol. Barring anything crazy, i should be able to make the 4+ hour drive to support and inspire.

archer.

Smash Lord
Both of you come to Charlotte.

I can spare some time for double Link with team attack off in Melee.

archer.

Smash Lord
Just bring your car with you next semester and suddenly life gets a lot better.

archer.

Smash Lord
There's no harm in trying, Eric!

Okay I guess that's a lie, but still...

Sle-R

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I'm from goose creek, but go to school in Clemson. Me and a couple of my roommates 5 to be exact play smash here and want to get something going. They were in the tourney at Brandon's house in goose creek if some of you guys were there.

:phone:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I accidentally, inadvertently started a small Project M / Brawl / Melee scene again. Whoops.

I could probably point them in the direction of this forum, but oh, how I love being the Ruiner...

if anyone in the 20 mile radius of Charleston wants to get 4 stocked in Melee I can come out of retirement for a day or so since I don't have a job at the moment, but when November starts, I'm going to be awfully busy.

Top Bottom