• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Sle-R

Smash Rookie
Oh shiii, someone at Clemson
to body

:D
Yeah man we should def. meet up. There is 6 of us at the house, so we tend to just play with each other for fun, but new people to play with is always fun.

And BlackChris: I'm sure you know 2 of my roommates. JayR (DocJ) and Alfie.

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking about hosting a tournament the week after Thanksgiving break. Just gotta make sure the set up is good and we are all free. We've been all busy so far.

What do you guys think of going to Clemson for a tournament?

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
That would be easy for me :D
Let's get some friendlies in! It's not as fun playing with my roommates because they're not better than me. I learn more when I lose....haha.

We live at the Groves, all the way down College Ave, (sonic), off Six Mile Highway.
351 Arrow Head Drive
Central, SC 29630

I don't think I'll be here this weekend, but down for Friday?

EDIT: SSBM of course...

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
Sup guys. Were starting a new tournament at Dotgames called Saturday Night Fight Club and we would love it if the brawl/melee scene came out and played. we go alot of college kids wanting to play. add me on FB for more info.

FB: Anji Faust

I'm also looking to get a wii with a game cube remote and brawl anyone selling.

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
I'm going to make that tournament official. Parking will be limited, so please carpool as much as possible.

I'll try to make an official thread somewhere here. Not sure how to, but I'll figure it out.

Super Smash Bro's Melee
The Groves
351 Arrow Head Drive
Central, SC 29630
When: Saturday, December 03, 2011

SSBM
Singles -$10
Doubles - $10 per team
Spectators - Bring a bag of chips and you're welcome to come!

Schedule:
11:00 AM - Doors Open
1:00 PM - Tournaments Starts

We need set ups! The more the merrier. But we have adequate set ups for tournament.

We can house a few for the night, but contact in advance. Add me on facebook, Alfie Pineda. I'll make a facebook event as well.

We'll have drinks, but don't expect much food.

Winners:
1st - 70%
2nd - 30%
3rd - Entry money back

Rules:
1. No *****assness
2. Don't be rowdy, we aren't all tournament material, we're just trying to have fun and improve at the same time.
3. Double Elimination
4. Normal Matches will be Best 2 out of 3.
5. Semi-Finals and Finals will be Best 3 out of 5.
6. Friendly-Fire will be on during doubles tournament.
7. 1st and 2nd places in the singles tournament, can't join the doubles. Sorry fellas, we have to disperse the cash to people of less experience.

Please let me know if anything needs to be added. Hope everyone can make it!

EDITED: New rule.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
We are most certainly not dead. There's a group of us in Columbia, some more in Clemson, etc. We just dont organize **** on here anymore because none of us check this with any sort of regularity. apparently there's a ton of people in goose creek that all play, although I have yet to play any of them. dont be fooled by our lack of activity on the thread, we are very much alive.

if smashfests every once in a while is a route that we want to take, I feel like a clemson/columbia/charleston (C3 Smash? crazy) rotation would be cool. i know a few of those NC guys like to come down and help us out, surely they'd continue to support.

my two cents
^^this.

SWF is definitely the place to get more people interested, but we've been growing decently since the summer. just moreso through each other's friends/networks.

If anyone's interested in CRAX's tournament, i'd definitely recommend going.

A lot of us have been friends for a long time and have played smash from the beginning, but we're still relatively young in terms of the whole tournament-level playing. Most of us have little-to-no tournament experience, and there really aren't any seasoned players showing up lately.
So we've just been off doing our own thing, and our scene has developed outside of smashboards.

We're just now starting to get into the whole tournament scene, so anyone is welcome to come.
It'd be great to have some experienced players come to help show us the ropes.

If anyone's interested, you might get a faster response on the facebook event page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192619187482564

EDIT:

Let's get some friendlies in! It's not as fun playing with my roommates because they're not better than me. I learn more when I lose....haha.
hooooaaaaaap

Niceness

Smash Cadet
Ya, Spank is right the only reason y im checking the thread now is because i went to a tourney in TN with some people for blaze and they had a melee one going too. I now i do want to start playing again and im surprised to see the SC thread still going....guess ill see yall in Dec....if yay or trc isnt gonna be there i might have a chance at placing.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
Ya, Spank is right the only reason y im checking the thread now is because i went to a tourney in TN with some people for blaze and they had a melee one going too. I now i do want to start playing again and im surprised to see the SC thread still going....guess ill see yall in Dec....if yay or trc isnt gonna be there i might have a chance at placing.
where in cola you @? there's a few of us here in USC that play

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
We are most certainly not dead. There's a group of us in Columbia, some more in Clemson, etc. We just dont organize **** on here anymore because none of us check this with any sort of regularity. apparently there's a ton of people in goose creek that all play, although I have yet to play any of them. dont be fooled by our lack of activity on the thread, we are very much alive.

if smashfests every once in a while is a route that we want to take, I feel like a clemson/columbia/charleston (C3 Smash? crazy) rotation would be cool. i know a few of those NC guys like to come down and help us out, surely they'd continue to support.

my two cents

also, sup kidd, long time no see. we need to play again soon, i've gotten a lot better since you played me like.. a year ago?
Hey sup, yeah we should definitely play again :) When I meant we were dead I mainly meant tournament wise. Like I mean I know some people have been doing tournaments, I just miss the old days where SC when OoS way more often =(.

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
Don't forget we also have my tournament called Saturday Night Fight Club. Were looking to have the first one around Dec.3. Our past tournament Battle of The Gods was very successful but with people so tire on Sunday we moved the tournament to once a month on Saturdays. Check out the stream we had a few weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYACJ3pko0&list=LLv0pOdmU94RiALcjuVDEIgg&index=84&feature=plpp_video

If you haven't already added me on FB add me please. I'm Anji Faust on FB.

Join this group to find out what tournamets are going on and when. (If you can't join for some reason add me on FB and I'll add you)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/159876377402922/

My Tournament is at the same place as before //dotgames
http://www.facebook.com/dotgamessc

We really want to see the smash community come out. We've had a lot of the Columbia guys come out to our tournaments numerous times.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I guess, you're just gonna disappear for another six months anyway *trollface*

not like there is much point in sticking around
still you should go to that Clemson tournament
who knows maybe I'll actually show up

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman

my two cents

also, sup kidd, long time no see. we need to play again soon, i've gotten a lot better since you played me like.. a year ago?
$5 says dill is better than austin now

Kryp

Smash Apprentice
So I just moved to South Carolina like two months ago due to military, I am in Sumter. I would really love to get back in to Smash so if there are any tournaments going on in the area like Columbia or just friendlies I'm up for it. :bee:

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I guess, you're just gonna disappear for another six months anyway *trollface*

not like there is much point in sticking around
still you should go to that Clemson tournament
who knows maybe I'll actually show up
Well brah, I was at the tourny in GA on Sep 24th and now I'm going to The Gold Mine 4 today =P Honestly right now I'm more active than I've EVER been LOL. And yeah I'm gonna be at the Clemson tournament, WHERE U AT AUSTIN =3 <3

P.S luv u

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
So I just moved to South Carolina like two months ago due to military, I am in Sumter. I would really love to get back in to Smash so if there are any tournaments going on in the area like Columbia or just friendlies I'm up for it. :bee:
Sup I'm a TO form Charleston. Join the group below and ask about tournaments, a lot of the guys car pool to come up here so you should get antiquated with them. I run tournaments called Saturday Night Fight Club where we are trying to start getting Smash to come out and play. Also do you have a Wii for sale. If you have Facebook I'm Anji Faust on there.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/159876377402922/?notif_t=group_activity

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
Well if you don't play with the noobs how are they going to get better. How do you expect to build a scene just sitting down on your butt
THIS X100

why are people expecting growth if they don't even want to show up/mentor/offer anything.

it's like expecting a vagina to just fall onto your ****. not gonna happen.

YALL HAVE THE EXPERIENCE, so don't complain about a nonexistent scene in this state if you're not even going to help make it grow.

all i see in this thread is 'SC smash is dead so i'm retiring.'

how about go to tourneys, put sc on the map, make friends, and get them interested?

or do us "noobs" have to develop outside the community and **** with a never before seen style. (5-10 yrs from now)

cliffs: DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT SC SMASH BEING DEAD IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CONTRIBUTE TO ITS GROWTH

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Incoming ****storm of **** Austin has done for the scene that he's already told yall before.

He's done a lot guys, chill.

AND I'M OFFENDED, I'M NOT A CHALLENGE??? O I SEE HOW IT IS MR. IMADEARAPECOMBOVIDWITHYLINK TRC.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
haha Eric beating me to it made me lol irl

Fact is FAUST I have been here like 8 years, and investing in a bunch of new people who can only learn from me and not the other way around? doesn't work out. you get 4 stocked repeatedly and then you don't want to play with me anymore. and then you realize how far behind you are on being "good" because I AM NOT GOOD, and then you quit. It's happened too many times too often. Your desire to get better, your attempts at getting better, they always end up in "well this is too much work, onto something else"

I don't COMPLAIN, Alex, and I sure as hell don't EXPECT THIS THING TO GROW after so much time watching SC fail over and over. I'm just so damn tired nowadays... *old man walk*

and ffs Jaurice, everyone knows my throne is only a bean bag on the massive queen's chair that belongs to Yay

Top Bottom