• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
whatuppp my arms healed so i'm down for a bit of melee in cola, although i'm probably rusty as crap. only catch is, i can't drive for a good while, just like everyone else in sc haha

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So, is Pheonix kinda replacing Psylocke??? Or am I just trippin
Youre tripping seriously. Pheonix is more like Magneto and Storm than her. 8-way AD, a flight mode, a GOOD teleport, and just all around fast in everyway. Yeah, but shes nothing like Psylocke. She does that basic ground magic series -> air magic series -> hyper.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Yo, your gonna have to start coming to the smashfest so we can get some games in when it drops.

Sounds like your gonna have your **** tight. lol

EDIT: I notice the fly combo, she highlights in flames when she flies. ****....she might just be top tier.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, Im talkin like worse than SETH. She has the worst health EVER. Viper can at least take two ir three combos before she dies. Pheonix just gets ****ED up.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Okay, Seth is the worst stamina in the SSFIV so that's bad. that's **** up.....but Sentinel is probably gonna have monstrous health.

I wonder if he's gonna have his damage boost from MvC 2. That might be overkill >_>

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Sadface?!?!? Well, I can see why...it was kinda awesome since MvC 2 had no way to get Sentinel off of you

Honestly, because of the guard system (Advance Guard) they could have probably kept that.

But advance guard really works for Hyper Combos as well as normals. During a HC, if you can rapidly press Light-Medium-Heavy (The Advance Guard command) you can take literally no damage. I've done it in TvC (I usually assign it to a useless button on that game) -- I hope they didn't change that >_>

I know don't, I'll just assume Capcom has a reason for that decision.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dude, advance guarding is push blocking. Its been in since xmvsf. Its in MvC2 and its the only reason Magneto doesnt dominate everyone including Storm and them. Push blocking in MvC3 has gotten a huge buff tho. It pushes you full screen. People dont like this cuz it makes rushdown worse. I dont like it either. It just sends you TOO DAMN FAR. Ill get used to it tho.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
So it got buffed from TvC....Tatsunoko was perfect....mid-screen. Just enough room to breath.

A Full Screen push....what the ****!!! I'm kinda skeptical about that. I thought it was perfect at mid-screen, but if you look at the mobility of the ENTIRE ****ING CAST I guess it isn't so bad

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
From what I gather, there are 5 problems. (Some may or may not have been fixed)

1- Pushblocking too strong.

2- Aerial projectiles have little recovery time.

3- Ryu/Chris can't cancel dashes with normals.

4- No meter building for whiffed attacks makes keepaway even stronger (Air doom projectiles build his meter while the one on defense cant do a thing.)

5- You can be hit out of supers before they actually activate and lose the meter for them.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I'm at a party at my house right now and I played brawl w/ my friends

Best. Feeling. Ever. I miss Brawl! :(

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I've enjoyed Twist massive MvC knoledge...I can't help it...I want to take this game seriously. lol

I'm still banking on people bringing a copy of the game to the next smashfest

3 week bans is a bit much....say 3hrs. lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
From what I gather, there are 5 problems. (Some may or may not have been fixed)

1- Pushblocking too strong.

2- Aerial projectiles have little recovery time.

3- Ryu/Chris can't cancel dashes with normals.

4- No meter building for whiffed attacks makes keepaway even stronger (Air doom projectiles build his meter while the one on defense cant do a thing.)

5- You can be hit out of supers before they actually activate and lose the meter for them.
2. Isnt that big of a deal. It wont effect much. Theres like 3 or 4 more characters that cant cancel their dash (doom cant even do it with a crouch which means no wavedashing) and that is extremly gay and pointless. I agree with 4 because whats Hulk gonna do when Storm or Pheonix is running away and he has no meter? Exactly, he has no options. 5. Is good and bad. No invinciblity means no more random hypers. Everyone hates random hypers. But now they can be stuffed easier. No big deal really. You forgot one though. Having to hold the button to tag. Thats ****ing ********. There is literally NO POINT what so ever in keeping it that way. They could easily change it to how it was in MvC2. TvCs way was stupid as hell too. No being able to tag on reaction sucks but its not as bad as not being able to call assists while blocking.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
TvC had the hyper counter to let you change characters while blocking, I'm sure MvC 3 does the same thing....I saw it somewhere...

Assist while blocking should all ways be there!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
After playing brawl w/ my friends at my house, I really think the game's been revived for me. Now I just need to get the money to travel and I should be good. I believe I receive my next check on Thursday so hopefully I can invest that into tournaments. Last time I was at one was in August LOL. Let's see how this all pans out.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Just finished reading the thread. This tournament IS possible, but it isn't probable. For me to go the following things have to happen.

1. My check MUST come on Thursday. I am poor and without this money there is no way I can afford to make it.

2. This is a 4 hour drive. This is also the first time I'll have ever driven to ANYTHING out of state before. In other words my parents will need to trust me to take their car for this ride. Also there are only two cars at the house and so I also need to make sure that THEY won't need the car.

3. My boss needs to be cool with me not coming to work next Sunday because in all honesty I don't wanna drive back Saturday Night.

That's pretty much it though. I should also mention that aside from that little smash session I had w/ my friends yesterday that I have not touched Brawl/Melee in MONTHS. That being said please don't get your hopes up about me rocking it out, because I probably be lucky to make it out of pools xD. That's how it goes, you don't practice, you don't win. *Shrugs* I'll still try to do the best w/ what I have. Who knows? Maybe it'll be like riding a bike and come back to me in the heat of battle. <3

Regardless, it would be great to get involved again. I talk a lot and never do anything, so to take some action would be a fantastic change of pace. =3

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Sounds pretty awesome.

Man, after today's smashfest I'm pretty stoked about the future Marvel set-up that's gonna be here.

Snap had street fighter over here. too bad we didn't play it lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I have been getting worse and worse at SSF4. I think I'm about to quit. I just don't enjoy the game anymore. It might be Cody though. I think I gotta get over the fact that my 2nd favorite SF character is boring other than the stun combos. He ain't A3 Cody.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I hear in SSIV Arcade Edition many of the close range fighters are going to be balanced with the projectile characters making them more viable in play.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
If I played Street Fighter I'd play Bison simply because he reminds me the most of Captain Falcon =D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I hear in SSIV Arcade Edition many of the close range fighters are going to be balanced with the projectile characters making them more viable in play.
Fireball characters have not dominated SF4 since vanilla. I think you meant Super did that. AE made fireball characters worse in general. The only really good one in AE is Sagat and he's not even top 5 according to Mago, Daigo, and Tokido. Just sayin.

Top Bottom