• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Would if I had a lot of people to play and recording equipment... But the way I play YL requires I play every day and I don't have time/energy to keep up those skills unfortunately.

ESAM's out so I'm prolly gonna dip out of this stream now

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I am so salty right now because I wanna go to a tournament and there is seriously like NOTHING in SC/NC/GA on the map. There's some nightclub one in Charleston which is like a 4 hour drive, then that tourny in NC that Kadaj moved to after Apex with no confirmed date, that random *** tournament in NC that's supposedly melee but has no replies on the thread pretty much, and then some stupid 2v2 tournament for brawl on the 13th in NC.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Wait, ah sorry I'm ********, I meant Myrtle Beach. Don't know why I said Charleston rofl

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
South Carolina Melee Tournament Situation

Real talk, would anyone want me to try to network the heavily-facebook-centered situation with the smashboards situation to keep stuff! looped together?

I feel like I'll end up becoming that annoying kid from school that kept telling you stuff! that was legitimately important but you were just tired of seeing that friendly!in' kid.

The spoken concept had been that we would host a series of three tournaments for 2012 for South Carolina and I, for one, know I've heard nothing defined, yet.

Columbia, Clemson, Charleston...

I would happily add Augusta (Georgia) to the mix, too.

So... should I try to make that happen, or does anyone really care whether I try or not?

Seems like it would just be me sending texts to people on some yet-to-be defined frequency...

Also, this is Melee specific. : x

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I would love that. SC needs as much support as we can get. Also I'm interested in that round robin of yours tomorrow. Any idea on who may be showing up?

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
I've got out an initial post on Facebook to three guys in each of the respective regions. I'll start bugging them into a council-like state so we can all establish time periods of the year to host our different tournaments.

The Round Robins I host in Augusta typically have Myself, my younger brother, our friend down the street and our other, younger and not that great friend down the street, two of my friends from high school, Le Fou from Columbia and whoever he might bring along, which is usually one or two more guys -Yoshido came once and kicked everyone's ***** - SpankthatDill, and a newer guy I met in college here at Augusta State.

If attendance is meh, it'll be maybe six or seven of us.

If attendance is great, there might be twelve or so.

Most of us are chumps in training, but Yoshido definitely has a sense of untouchable about himself.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I've beaten Yoshido in two tournaments many years ago, but considering that he was Yoshi and that I played Mario, I think it's safe to say he's the overall better player seeing as our matches were down to the wire. Besides, he beat me in a lot of friendlies anyways. Not to mention that apparently he's moved to Virginia now and plays Falco, so it's probably safe to say that he's surpassed me now. Still, I'd love to play him 1v1 to test that theory out. WHERE YOU AT YOSHIDO?!

SHOUTOUT TO YOSHIDO, LOVE YOU MAN

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
FYI Kidd since Terrence (Yoshido) moved to Virginia he's def been playing with some good people, and so he may actually be DA BUSINESS considering last I saw of him his Falco was doing pretty well. (he still called me sensei though, lol) Not sure about Yoshi.

then again, I also assumed he has already gone back to Virginia.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Ah crap, if he's in Virginia now then he's definitely better than me now =(. Not to mention I'm terrible vs. Falco. DARN YOU YOSHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Of course, not calling him out. The main reason I compared myself to Yoshido that was I wanted to bring to SaiXander's attention what my relative skill was in smash since he mentioned that Yoshido did very well against them. If that's true then perhaps I will be of use to them since at one point in time, I faired pretty well against him myself. No disrespect to Yoshido because I love the guy with infinite hearts. To be perfectly fair yeah, he probably is better than me now if he's up there trainin in VA, real talk. <3 SO COME DOWN HERE AND TRAIN ME UP YOSHIDO D:<

P.S I WANNA PLAY YOU RC COME ON NUKKA LET'S GET IT AWN BRAH I WANNA LOSE STOCK ALL DAY BABES <3

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Updates from Facebook

Spencer has offered confirmation regarding a Melee tournament in Columbia in the Spring.

Charleston, via contact through SF, has claimed the Summer hosting job.

Augusta, organized by yours truly, will host in Autumn, going so far as to project September 1 or 2 as the current tentative date for said tournament.

This leaves Clemson, under craxAlfie, for the Winter tournament.

Inquire, comment, or what have you, and I'll relay anything between SWF and FB, as requested.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lol thanks for the comment sai. But naw there is just a really good scene up in RVA. An i'm able to really sharpen my skills, get destroyed, and learn. Lol and I'll always call TRC my sensei he got me into the competitive scene and gave me my falco foundation. Then cyrain gave me good advice and little tips. Doll and savage helped too. I don't get to play cyrain and tope as much as I should.

@Sai/ Agusta crew: Yall are good, you just have to get techs down and play more people. When yall get more experience , reads and thinking ahead will come a lot easier.

Oh and I've improved greatly on my falco and my yoshi. I still main yoshi, And I use falco for his bad matchups. It still have work to do before I'm guaranteed bracket at an international tourney but through consistent effort and trying new things I'll get there soon. An sorry I didn't see the messages earlier. I go back to VA tomorrow. But yeah kidd we have to play. Lol i'm still salty at sckha too lol.

Shout outs to TRC, BlackChris, Kidd, Twitch, Sai, Sckha.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you do know the word brawl means more than a ****ty game right?

and yoshido, I got third in my second round pool at apex. I'm gettin there too.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
@ BlackChris, thats great to hear man. I wish i could have gone but stuff kept coming up financially. There were so many upsets. It makes smash feel like a new game again. An I'm sure everyone is working alot harder now on tech skill and tactics for all their matchups.

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
Sup guys. Man, I've been absent for a good while. Played a good bit in Japan with my brother, he improved just within those three weeks. Still playing everyday here in Clemson, like usual.

I would love to go to the tourney in Myrtle Beach, but alas it's too far from Clemson. Unless a good bit of us from Clemson is down to ride, like ESAM, etc.

setstage

Smash Rookie
I just moved to charleston and we have 5 great brawlers here who have never entered a tourney but are pretty good. i'd like to see a tourney in SC that we could make it to some time, can we get some intrest

Setstage(Houston) Ness, ROB, Diddy
Zaug(Carter) Zelda/Sheik, Pit, Wolf
BigM(Miller) Olimar, Kirby
Hater(Coss) Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, G&W, Olimar, Samus
Hawk(Herb) Game&Watch

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Setstage, have you ever played with any of the CofC people? They have one good player named Vince, the rest are kind of scrub-tier.

I'm not a brawler so I can't really help and I don't know them too well, but they do exist.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh setstage, you know the tourney is still on in NC right? it got moved to a different location, but it'll be at a house really close to where it was going to be anyway. i hope you still make it out.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I just moved to charleston and we have 5 great brawlers here who have never entered a tourney but are pretty good. i'd like to see a tourney in SC that we could make it to some time, can we get some intrest

Setstage(Houston) Ness, ROB, Diddy
Zaug(Carter) Zelda/Sheik, Pit, Wolf
BigM(Miller) Olimar, Kirby
Hater(Coss) Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, G&W, Olimar, Samus
Hawk(Herb) Game&Watch

Nice stuff

:phone:

Top Bottom