• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Lol Wow. Right when i go to Va New peeps start hitting the scene. But yeah thats great to hear that you play melee. I'll be back down there around thanks giving Break. I'll have to play you sometime. And i'll defeintely be playing TRC.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Crio, we should arrange a get together between myself, Ramz, Dill, and yourself. that way : epic teams matches can occur <3

Crio why you gotta be like 3+ hours from me : (

and Yoshido yeah man when you get down here, hell yeah we will play XD

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Crio, we should arrange a get together between myself, Ramz, Dill, and yourself. that way : epic teams matches can occur <3

may kale and i attend plox?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

Sounds supremely awesome. =) Also sorry guys been away with school and stuff, how is everything in SC? Can you believe you can already hear christmas music on the radio?! It's nuts! Also I've been up to playing Peach in Melee. Ever since using her in Brawl I've become attached to her, primarily those Turnips and that great float property she wields. And hey I figured since I liked her so much in Brawl then I'm sure I'd love her even more in a game where she can actually DJC and all that lol.

Edit- Spank what's up man? I haven't seen you around here before. Name's Kidd, pleased to meet you! You may call me Kidd or Mike, either one is fine haha. I'll make sure to update the front page with your info while I go ahead and update the tournaments as well.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I told him about you but I actually called you Holymarth when I did (habits die hard)

I just got pwned in tournament by Boss Nasty's Peach down in Georgia. it was ****ing beautiful. it's on youtube too. don't watch the first match where I'm Young Link (seriously, I'm Young Link, and we're at Dreamland, what do you think happens?) but watch the rather embarassing Fox match.

and possibly Snap/Kale if we have more than 4 people we need to make sure we have a good place to play (a place that isn't a dorm room or anything)

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Edit- Spank what's up man? I haven't seen you around here before. Name's Kidd, pleased to meet you! You may call me Kidd or Mike, either one is fine haha. I'll make sure to update the front page with your info while I go ahead and update the tournaments as well.
Not much man, nice to meet you too. I take it you're from around here also? Hopefully we can get an epic SC crew together, although I'm banking on not being all that good for a while, as I haven't ever really played anyone good. but yeah, to be honest I don't play Marth that much anymore, mostly just Doc and Falcon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
playing me will turn you into a wrecking machine.

and omega, you're more than welcome to come to Columbia if we can manage to find a place.

unfortunately my house (yeah, the tournament house) is about to be rented by some random *** college girls so, that def isn't even a maybe -_-

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
playing me will turn you into a wrecking machine.

and omega, you're more than welcome to come to Columbia if we can manage to find a place.

unfortunately my house (yeah, the tournament house) is about to be rented by some random *** college girls so, that def isn't even a maybe -_-
You make that sound like a HORRIBLE thing....if they cute...we can get at em' lol

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
... No we can't... they'll be living there?
important note : I'm not...

I severely doubt some preppy USC *****es want us hosting a tournament in the living room :p
though I gotta admit that thought kinda turned me on nao oh yeah c'mon wit me nah

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
... No we can't... they'll be living there?
important note : I'm not...

I severely doubt some preppy USC *****es want us hosting a tournament in the living room :p
though I gotta admit that thought kinda turned me on nao oh yeah c'mon wit me nah
Exactly, who knows they might be sexy dumb blonds...hehe :chuckle:

This might be possible. We'll need some rufies though
Wow, I meant flirting not ****...or even statutory ****....hey what ever floats your boat...unless they want us to slip them a Mickey....wow this an interesting scenario lmao!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Who needs women when you have Peach?

TRC- Boss Nasty got my mario real bad a couple years ago. Time to return the favor with PEACH DITTOS ON BRINSTAR. Doesn't get hotter than that. Hey come to think of it, I got some really great Peach training around here. Boss Nasty, Mike.G, GA Peach, yeah that's what I'm talking about! Maybe they'll give me some tips when I go to GA sometime. =)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm going to be down here around Thanksgiving...any tournies on that weekend? I probably wouldn't be able to enter, just play MMs and friendlies.

I'll be in Greenville, SC.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I'm going to be down here around Thanksgiving...any tournies on that weekend? I probably wouldn't be able to enter, just play MMs and friendlies.

I'll be in Greenville, SC.
Wassup man, I'm in G-Vegas as well as a couple other good friends of mine who play competitive melee. Why don't you talk to me some time over AIM and see if we can get some matches going? Where you from man?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha I'm so trash at Melee since I'm a Brawl player but I love the game so I'd be down to play if you guys had a tourney (can't go to people's houses, I'm like...16 lol so I'd be coming with family and the best excuse would be a tourney). I'm from Cincinnati =)

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Okay, I've got plans for all the Melee peeps around SC.....it's about time I restarted the Melee events I that I tried only once....so what I'm going to do is in ERALY 2010 rally all the Melee players of SC so we can have a Melee scene as well....it would be cool if SC could claim to do Melee & Brawl

~ Of course the events would be held at my current location that I do Brawl events

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
That sounds like a good idea OmegaZero, I will only be able to go to the summer ones. But im sure this well get the melee scene happening again. Now we just got to get the word out.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
TRC, I look forward too seeing you at my Melee events once I get them started...I hope I can find peeps to help with set ups and such

Dilly, RC is not THAT good, lawl jk, or am I?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Omega, your comments about SC Melee not being a scene is mildly offensive to me. For like seven years, me and Yay WERE the scene. Even Mike G said it in that post when he made a thread like "man up SC" he said something like "I don't want to only think about Yayuhz and TRC when I think of SC" because really, the effort that I put into the scene was never returned. I drove these smashers : Boxr, Yoshido, CodeBlue, Daniel(Niceness), and a few from Orangeburg, to GA and NC over the past so many years. I did this on my money, and my time, alone. How often did anyone ever give me gas money? if you guessed never you're very close to being right.

We are too spread out and too poor to get any kind of regular thing going.

We have a lot of Brawl players cause Brawl is easy and slow, just like SC is. It's the new game. It's there. Don't compare it to Melee cause Brawl is going to come out on top. It's popular, more user friendly, and plus this state bans Meta Knight to dumb it down even further. This just says a lot about SC IMO.

I tried forever to make SC into something. Scha came along and tried to do something. He hosted tourneys, and we went. GA and NC got all top 5 places unless Yay was there, basically. Take that in for a second - three guys will come from GA, and easily get top 3. (FullMetal, S0ft, T-bag, if you were wondering, god help us when Carter/112/Chaddd came)

Georgia was started by GAWes and Bobby being ****ing great, and trash talking *****es until they got in line (INCLUDING MYSELF, I MAY ADD) and then GA got awesome. But where is SC? if someone says SC sucks, we all just agree, because it's true. Nobody is motivated enough. There will not be an SC Melee scene.

and PS Omega, if I feel like it, you'll never beat me in a match in Melee. normally I joke and goof and play Pikachu or whatever I feel like but for some reason your comments make me just want to laser camp with Falco.

Yay is our one true pro to be honest he is the only one worthy of being called a professional in either of the games we play in this state. There was a time where I was more in tune with Melee's metagame and closer to Yay's skills but he's far surpassed that by now, I believe. He improves, and plays those with him (Mott, Carol?) while the rest of us don't have much, or live too far apart, whatever the case. My point is Yay is the only thing worth a flying **** in competitive SC smash in this state.

if I offended any of you brawl folk unintentionally I apologize.

all of that said, SC does play Melee. Yay and his boys do. Me and Ramz do. Dill does. But I don't know anyone else. Kidd, you disappear all the time so I don't know what you do.

I want all of you to remember that Ryzol hosted a tournament for melee in Greenville last year I do believe, and I was the =ONLY ****ING PERSON= who showed up. yeah. way to go SC.

wow, look at all this text. this makes me sound like an angry *******. I'm not, btw. just trying to explain SC Melee won't have anything, no matter how hard any one individual tries, because we don't have money/time/motivation/care/whateverthefck

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Omega, your comments about SC Melee not being a scene is mildly offensive to me. For like seven years, me and Yay WERE the scene. Even Mike G said it in that post when he made a thread like "man up SC" he said something like "I don't want to only think about Yayuhz and TRC when I think of SC" because really, the effort that I put into the scene was never returned. I drove these smashers : Boxr, Yoshido, CodeBlue, Daniel(Niceness), and a few from Orangeburg, to GA and NC over the past so many years. I did this on my money, and my time, alone. How often did anyone ever give me gas money? if you guessed never you're very close to being right.

We are too spread out and too poor to get any kind of regular thing going.

We have a lot of Brawl players cause Brawl is easy and slow, just like SC is. It's the new game. It's there. Don't compare it to Melee cause Brawl is going to come out on top. It's popular, more user friendly, and plus this state bans Meta Knight to dumb it down even further. This just says a lot about SC IMO.

I tried forever to make SC into something. Scha came along and tried to do something. He hosted tourneys, and we went. GA and NC got all top 5 places unless Yay was there, basically. Take that in for a second - three guys will come from GA, and easily get top 3. (FullMetal, S0ft, T-bag, if you were wondering, god help us when Carter/112/Chaddd came)

Georgia was started by GAWes and Bobby being ****ing great, and trash talking *****es until they got in line (INCLUDING MYSELF, I MAY ADD) and then GA got awesome. But where is SC? if someone says SC sucks, we all just agree, because it's true. Nobody is motivated enough. There will not be an SC Melee scene.

and PS Omega, if I feel like it, you'll never beat me in a match in Melee. normally I joke and goof and play Pikachu or whatever I feel like but for some reason your comments make me just want to laser camp with Falco.

Yay is our one true pro to be honest he is the only one worthy of being called a professional in either of the games we play in this state. There was a time where I was more in tune with Melee's metagame and closer to Yay's skills but he's far surpassed that by now, I believe. He improves, and plays those with him (Mott, Carol?) while the rest of us don't have much, or live too far apart, whatever the case. My point is Yay is the only thing worth a flying **** in competitive SC smash in this state.

if I offended any of you brawl folk unintentionally I apologize.

all of that said, SC does play Melee. Yay and his boys do. Me and Ramz do. Dill does. But I don't know anyone else. Kidd, you disappear all the time so I don't know what you do.

I want all of you to remember that Ryzol hosted a tournament for melee in Greenville last year I do believe, and I was the =ONLY ****ING PERSON= who showed up. yeah. way to go SC.

wow, look at all this text. this makes me sound like an angry *******. I'm not, btw. just trying to explain SC Melee won't have anything, no matter how hard any one individual tries, because we don't have money/time/motivation/care/whateverthefck
If this is the case, then why not work with me to set something up -- if you haven't heard...I have the most bomb venue in Bi-weekly history thats cheap and can use at anytime and day of the week.....this give teh ULTIMATE VENUE in smash history for weekly/Bi-Weekly events

So since you were doing it alone last time why not work with someone who has some good resources like a place to play every freaking day ~ And you have the know-it-all of all the people who are willing to play (which is why I need your help, you have been in the game longer and can get the contacts and promotion out there)....

GA and NC is willing to come down and play as long as we have a place where we play on a constant basis with AT ALEAST more than just 4 people (Which I'm all ready doing with Brawl)

I agree on your Brawl sentiments and feel pretty much the same way....also I look forward to playing your camp-fest Falco :laugh: Marth/Fox ***** to hard against that (Boy **** talking is fun)

Anywho.....so are you gonna help me or what? Maybe I needed to offend you to get your help (though that was not my intention, go figure lol) The thing about Mr. Hudson.....I can't talk about that never played him....prolly won't until he's ready to show to get money b4 Pound 4

So, what? You down to try again or give up just like that? :chuckle:

And IF SC does play Melee.....then back me up once I fire up this new event....cool?

I would most defiantly travel to a Melee tournament if ever I could get a ride....and to not charge gas money is nice but dumb all at the same time -- I mean it doesn't have to be wallet busting but I mean a reasonable amount.....people are riding with you not the other way around.

I'm not fortunate enough to own a car and drive to every tournament or even be able and choose not to...be happy you could go to other places like GA and NC...I would have most defiantly done so if I was that lucky

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You don't seem to understand. Those people didn't -have- gas money to give me. but I wanted them to go so SC could be "better" but it never made a difference anyway. I never said I didn't charge gas money. I told them, but they said they only had enough to enter said tournament. Sometimes, they didn't have that.

Like, you're new. You don't really get how bad SC is on the whole. How bad we are compared to places like NC and GA which are just great scenes to be in. You'll figure it out eventually, I guess.

and you said "defiantly" twice, I think you meant "definitely" (not being a **** just making sure you saw that, two very different words)

the venue is about four hours away. for that drive, I can afford to go to Georgia. There needs to be a reason I should go to your event instead. I don't really see one yet. If Dill and Ramz or someone I know I can have fun with goes I might, but I still don't see how it's worth the drive, especially if there aren't enough Melee-ers to have a tournament, and thus no prizes. I don't see people making the drive, like last time. I mean go ahead and try and host it by all means, just... it's SC. prepare for disappointment.

also, fox and marth huh?
when I come up there (whenever that ends up being) I will give you ten dollars straight up if you can beat my Falco once the whole day, at Final D, Dreamland, or Stadium. free challenge. prize if you win. nothing happens if you lose.
just for you. : )

Top Bottom