• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well, it certainly didn't take longer than 8-9 months.

Like 2-5 months.

And, Ninja, those aren't revolutionary techs. I mean the kind of techs that would dethrone MK.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Longerrr.

It's more the fact that we're looking for AT's more in Brawl because they were abundant in Melee, and we didn't look for them much in Melee because as broken as 64 is it's not very AT heavy.
I think anything big would have jumped out at us right now.
We should all just face that Brawl is shallow as hell. It's all just edge camping, projectile camping and camp camping.

:093:

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
Honestly you do know in melee only two chars dominated , falco and sheik, think about that.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well, it certainly didn't take longer than 8-9 months.

Like 2-5 months.

And, Ninja, those aren't revolutionary techs. I mean the kind of techs that would dethrone MK.
Well most ppl didnt invest time to figure out how to beat MK regardless. NYCer's at least figured out MK to a degree. I try to help out in the matchup as much as i can which is why i have VS Mk vids. Just not everyone cares to take the help and give up.

As for techs........that weird azz ganon super jump was figured out recently. Falcon also has it but he doesnt jump as high and harder to pull off.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Falcon's can be done from a FH delayed airdodge.

lol "doesn't jump as high" hides how horrible it is.

It's basically a lagless instant shorthop.

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
De-throne, you do relise you are talking about MK, MetaKnight who abck in the day when ever it was anounced that hed be in a kirby game , wed **** bricks out of the fear we knew hed bring, super star broken boss, the new kirby agem super star ultra he has more advanced AI and with out sword kirby or and rokcy he is still a mother to beat... Lets look at kirby air ride, what were we rewarded with, afetr everything , an MK playable char, that dominated even hydra.

Lets take a look at past fighting games, Take marvel vs capcom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo_Br9a_rKA , warmachine and red venom killed , more then MK if u want cheap take a look at 1:22 into the video U think metaknight can pull off infinates?

What about Guilty gear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMGeBjfV5w testement still dominates, or do i even have to mention Justice from guilty gear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ip5J9LLuI

How about We go back even further to a game im sure many of you know. Street Fighter, remmer AKUMA, yeah thats right ccant be stunned, air fireball, now go cry uv been pwned by akuma... Really There will allways be chars that are broken, accept it move on , join or exploit, instead of complaining hes unbeatable, becuz These chars may be unbeatable, most of the time, but MK is nothing near compared to them.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
the melee comparison sucks because there is a top 4

and second people have proved that it is very viable to do well in big tournies with wierd chars like ics, peach, pika, cf, ganon, and dk and jiggs

brawl has an assload of mks and snakes with a high amount of gaw and some falcos/diddys/robs in the mix

and brawl is more limited so **** chars cant do as much

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Alas, comparing MK to them does make it seem like he's not bad.

But stay within the game.

Compare MK to the Roster.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
he beats or goes even with everyone except snake who beats him

i am not too sure about the nuances since i dont play the game but snake can get gimped but he kills mk really early and grenade camps forces mk to just grab which gets predictable, he cant even tornado if snake has a grenade

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
the melee comparison sucks because there is a top 4

and second people have proved that it is very viable to do well in big tournies with wierd chars like ics, peach, pika, cf, ganon, and dk and jiggs

brawl has an assload of mks and snakes with a high amount of gaw and some falcos/diddys/robs in the mix

and brawl is more limited so **** chars cant do as much
there really isnt alot of GWs, I'm kinda the reason for the diddy dilemma and ROBs well......not many good robs. Falco there isnt alot of either. Snakes went down. MKs there are an assload of. GW reigns in the midwest.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Let me summarize this,

So, one of the problems, is the abundance of MK.

Since most people main MK, meta-games of the other chars are not evolving at a decent enough rate.

The only way to fix this, would be to ban MK. Even a temporary ban would be good. How else are we gonna get more people to main other chars?

But then again, is there really anything else to discover within Brawl?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Let me summarize this,

So, one of the problems, is the abundance of MK.

Since most people main MK, meta-games of the other chars are not evolving at a decent enough rate.

The only way to fix this, would be to ban MK. Even a temporary ban would be good. How else are we gonna get more people to main other chars?

just realized ur in NY. Come to tourneys dammit.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i was at that too cith but i entered melee singles/doubles and brawl doubles, i only do singles if its friendlies for brawl lol

jerry knows me we should play

infomon

Smash Scientist
There doesn't have to be. Brawl's just more fun when there's more than just MK dittos, or massively uphill battles. It's the difference between a game worth playing vs. not. Just sayin'.

I think Brawl actually has more depth than many realize even now, like each character has a lot of interesting attributes that are fun to explore and get used to. But none of that matters if MK and his near-counters are the only viable characters.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
****it Ninja Link. Everytime you post, your Sig hypnotizes me. I can't stop staring at it for like 2 minutes.

:093:

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
Ok so lets say for instance to give MK a time out, how long can everyone agree to put him on the bench.

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
catinthehat I know , i keep looking that pwnage, omg main diddy dude, you would be one awsome diddy.

plus your sig is really mezmorizing, god ****t i cnat stop looking at the one on the right.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Um....ppl already consider me the best one etc and so on. No need to main him. I already made an impact it seems.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I'll leave this here in regards to our primary project, Show Me Your News...it will be on the same Stickam channel as before.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i still think 'you can't handle the sbr' is da best for the sbr podcast

and the few good men quote matches perfectly

why is there a cartoon babe's *** on the poster lol

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So the episode is this weekend.

Yet I can't shake the feeling that not AS many people are excited/will tune in? Do not as many people know of the great work of Egoraptor?

Then they are clearly not internet-literate.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
So the episode is this weekend.

Yet I can't shake the feeling that not AS many people are excited/will tune in? Do not as many people know of the great work of Egoraptor?

Then they are clearly not internet-literate.
Seriously. I, quite frankly, expected a rush of MGA (and the Awesome series in general) fanboys to rush in here and make this thread 500 pages long before Sunday. I'm a little disappointed. :(

If you haven't seen any of Ego's work, go on Newgrounds or Youtube and watch it. They're funny as hell.

So yeah, Sunday is gonna be epicccc.

It's the same day Animal Crossing comes out, so I might broadcast SMYN to my friends on Wiispeak.

Instead of Animalese, all they'll hear is:

"OH MAYH GAWD, HOTNESS, I WANNA BANG YOU!"

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Bah, I finally get time to listen in, and everything to do with the fansite turns up the Error 404 of doom. Am I the only one having this problem?

Volacide

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I can't download the "Should MK be Banned" episode.

I just get a "cannot find the server" message when I click on the link.

Could someone help me out?

(PM me if possible)

M.K

Level 55
I'm excited about Egoraptor (Awesome Center Redux, Awesome Crossing Redux, Katamari Awesome)
What exactly is he gonna....add to the show, though?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Would it make sense that with all these video game flashes that he might be a gaming enthusiast? Plus, at the very least, we could always interview him.

M.K

Level 55
Would it make sense that with all these video game flashes that he might be a gaming enthusiast? Plus, at the very least, we could always interview him.
That makes sense. He probably is a big video gaming fan.
I can't wait to hear what he has to say, or if he plays Brawl at all!

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Wow this episode is going to be great. I am so Hyped Youko, I think your advertising is working. =P

But lol @ the animal crossing broadcast.

Top Bottom