• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
right ^^ lmfao that made no sense i think he realized that he didn't reply and the second one was his true reaction lol

cman

Smash Ace
I was expecting to see Sonic and Mario in Middle tier....

Why isn't Marth top?
Nobody knows.... especially since rob IS top.

It doesn't matter though. No matter how we percieve the tiers to be, it doesn't change how good the characters are in-game (except for possibly slow vs fast meta-game development). Anyway, my point is that the tiers were set when they finished developing the game.

Overall(Against all the characters), his match-ups aren't as good as those in the top tier.
Not really. He only has a solid disadvantage vs Meta, and possibly Snake. A few others he goes even with, and against most he has a solid advantage. Maybe the only argument you could make is that he doesn't obliterate some of the cast, like the other top-tierers tend to do (ie-DDD), but I feel that it is offset by Marth not having any counters (except for the standard MK). /Marthfortoptier

kr3wman

Smash Master
Not really. He only has a solid disadvantage vs Meta, and possibly Snake. A few others he goes even with, and against most he has a solid advantage. Maybe the only argument you could make is that he doesn't obliterate some of the cast, like the other top-tierers tend to do (ie-DDD), but I feel that it is offset by Marth not having any counters (except for the standard MK). /Marthfortoptier
I didn't say against the top tier, I said compared to those in the top tiers.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lets talk about Lucario

Why does he deserve that spot?

Lets see, He's Spammable, has insane range with SideB and Foward Smash, can "chain-grab" with side B. Has decent recovery, amazing arial attacks, a counter skill (Down B) and fast grabs.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Lets talk about Lucario

Why does he deserve that spot?

Lets see, He's Spammable, has insane range with SideB and Foward Smash, can "chain-grab" with side B. Has decent recovery, amazing arial attacks, a counter skill (Down B) and fast grabs.
You're doing it all wrong!

You were suppose to stop at "Why does he deserve that spot?", and then someone answers that question. You're not suppose to answer your own questions.

Thats how Time Paradoxes are formed

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Lol, wrecked. BTW I think Lucario's recovery is overrated, I think it's garbage. I agree it goes far, but I think it's really easily gimped.
Don't forget you can wall-cling and curve it in any direction. That makes it much more versatile than you'd think.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The curve is good, but the wall cling... Eh. Like how often does someone actually seen it used in a match that saves them from being owned? Not very often, unless it's yoshi's story.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Lucario's recovery is at best average (I'd say a little bit lower). Lucario has a lot of great strengths, but his recovery certainly isn't one of them.

Barge

You're doing it all wrong!

You were suppose to stop at "Why does he deserve that spot?", and then someone answers that question. You're not suppose to answer your own questions.

Thats how Time Paradoxes are formed
Sorry, since Im on my way to creating a time paradox, might as well divide by zero

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Sorry, since Im on my way to creating a time paradox, might as well divide by zero

LeLouch from Code Geass cuts a cake in half.
That means the cake is divided by Zero.

Also,Lucarios's recovery doesnt cover allot of distance <_<

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Technically, EVERY recovery except maybe Link's and Ganondorf's is enough to make it back in most cases. That doesn't make them good (or even slightly decent, in Lucario's case).

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Obviously there is possibility for change and improvement, but I think this is an excellent start. I agree with the groupings and most of the order within groups, with a few minor exceptions.

I think my favorite part is the better character spread as compared with the previous game. Melee's Top Tier consisted of only 2 characters, with only 3 more in the High Tier and the majority of the cast in Low or Bottom.
(this is not saying that the tier list was poorly made, just an observation)

This new list makes the character distribution feel much more balanced. Of course, this may change as the list is revised and updated, but I have to say I'm very happy with it overall.

jngshin

Smash Cadet
solid list. I'm very surprised mario is so low, and that IC is so high. It's great to see donkeykong at top, hes an amazing character. OTher than taht...good job. Oh, watch sheik and FOX go up to high in the future.

Smady

Smash Master
Seems about right. D3, Luigi and Lucas are my mains... so a mixed bag. Although I am sort of surprised that Luigi is so low, as am I Lucas.

Mi4Slayer

Smash Cadet
Link ? low .... wow tr4q .... I think if you leanr to play well with the caracter you want there is no barrier such has tier

Barge

Link ? low .... wow tr4q .... I think if you leanr to play well with the caracter you want there is no barrier such has tier
Actually, there is. If Link were to fight metaknight at equal skill level, Metaknight would win. If Link were to fight metaknight, and Links skill was far superior by a wide enough margin, Link would win. If metaknight fought metaknight and the skill level was equal, its a roll of the dice. =/

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
man... i hate unbalanced game forcing you to pick up someone you don't want to play
Play whoever you want, then. There are still players who win with lower characters.

As for your complaint about imbalanced games, perhaps fighting games shouldn't be your competitive genre of choice...

Browny

Smash Hater
lucarios upb may be bad, but his recovery is by no means horrendous. high floatiness and good horizontal movement, its a rare situation indeed when you are actually ever forced to use it when you can just dair stall, airdodge and float your way back to the stage.

by contrast you have something like marths upb which is a great move, but for recovery purposes it isnt too great and you cant rely on it to always get you back

Barge

lucarios upb may be bad, but his recovery is by no means horrendous. high floatiness and good horizontal movement, its a rare situation indeed when you are actually ever forced to use it when you can just dair stall, airdodge and float your way back to the stage.

by contrast you have something like marths upb which is a great move, but for recovery purposes it isnt too great and you cant rely on it to always get you back
Plus, you shouldn't die too much from ledge hogging, if you're close enough you can go over it. Lucarios recovery, I'd say its a 6/10

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
(Whoops! Quoted the wrong message.)

Okay, after you do that go play a MK.
*Sigh* That's a character match-up, NOT a tier position.

For that matter, it buries your own argument to say that a bottom tier character is bottom tier because he does poorly against a top-tier character.

Yoshi is considered bottom tier, and he has pretty decent matches with both Snake and Meta Knight.

Just like in Melee, character match-ups are only about a BILLION TIMES more important than tier rankings. Take Ice Climbers, for instance. They were solidly mid-tier in Melee, but were also one of the few hard counters for Sheik.

That and... once again, this tier list - how should I put this? - kind of blows. It should be taken with quite a few grains of salt.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad Pit isn't top tier! It's so much more fun when people can't say they lost because I played one of the best characters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom