• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Gantrain, I find it hard to beleive that you can beat tournament level DDDs (since you said they were good, I would be predisposed to call them tournament level, since that is the only skill level that matter) using Bowser who gets infinited by DDD. Those DDDs. are probably not that good.

And honestly, DDD's chaingrab allows for 8 damage per throw, sets up for edgeguarding, and single handedly gives DDD the advantage in most of his top/high tier matchups or makes it neutral. And that is before you factor in stages in DDD's favor like Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Final Destination, Smashville, etc. DDD is more than deserving of 3rd place. The chaingrab is THAT good.
well first of all its called a counterpick stage, so no wall infinites, and 2nd of all, bowser has a CG on DDD as well, which can easily end in a bowsercide, which rule states "if both characters are on last stock bowser will get the win even if it goes to sudden death" and yes it is "tourney level" players, because i only ever play DDD's in tourneys, and i didn't say i beat them all the time and im totally awesome or anything, i said about 30% of the time.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I've been looking at link lately, and to be honest I can see him moving up ALOT. Not into high or top, but at least mid tier. His dair has the priority of a god, all of his arials are really good, he has a useful zair which autocancels, and he can dash attack cancel his usmash for a snakedash like effect. All three of his projectiles are very useful, and his boomerang can act as a pretty good edgeguarder. The potential for link is so great, we will see him constantly moving up in the tier list... IMO of course. I understand his bad recovery isn't the only reason for his placement, but I wanna know what made you guys decide him to be so low. Well at least opinions from other posters, as I do not expect Broomers to respond to this :).
I do believe Link needs to be moved up, and his recovery isnt terrible, You can always get back up, just remember to pull out a bomb.

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Ike should be higher, he completely wiped out Texas.
Ha. :ohwell: To soon (for most people; I lol'd). If it was, say, December, I would respond 'It could have been worse; most prepared themselves.' or something like that.

@Topic:

O.k. I'll accept this. So long as Sonic isn't at the absoulute bottom, I won't throw a fit. Captian Falcon's at the bottom. ...Wah.

Still, I feel compelled to question why Sonic is that low. I knew he'd be low, but seriously. Sonic's tourny rankings are higher than most of the characters above him in Low tier, and a few in middle tier. He should at least be near the top of Low Tier.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
You can't bomb jump in this game....Link sucks..

His projectiles are NOT good.

They are only good if you use the AT's such as arrow canceling.

Everything else is to slow and will be powershielded.

His recovery is balls.

Slow Did you know??? Links pivot boosts faster than he runs?

That is sad.....super sad.

Ike should be higher, he completely wiped out Texas.
agreed

Barge

His recovery is balls.

agreed
What the hell are you talking about? Links projectiles Own, His bombs are really powerful, can Ko around 1xx%'s
His boomerang is one of the most useful projectiles in the game, Arrows have long range and do decent damage.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was over-buffed so much by the developers (out of compensation for his appearance in Melee) that he arose to a higher video-gaming plane than Brawl and thus accurately listing him in this tier would not be physically possible.

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was over-buffed so much by the developers (out of compensation for his appearance in Melee) that he arose to a higher video-gaming plane than Brawl and thus accurately listing him in this tier would not be physically possible.
1) I laughed. Alot.

2) Why is Mewtwo always so overated by people? For some reason, everyone thinks that if he was in Brawl, he would have been AWESOME :D *cough*. Sure, he is that level of awesomeness in the Pokeman games, but if you think about it, alot of characters have been dumbed down from their abilities in their games (e.g., Samus, Ganondorf, Sonic), while others have been greatly increased (Snake, Captian Falcon, all of the retro characters).

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
How about modifying the tier(a topic i have adressed that no one has truly responded to,lol)
Doesent anyone think that MK is out of falco and ROB's(and to a point G&W) league,does anyone there there is a sufficient gap in potencial/tournaemnt results to sperate these characters by a tier?It seems as there is a tier inside the top tier and also in the high tier as you see below:
"Top"
MK
Snake
DDD (DDD has the worst of the best tournament results over the past six months, trailing snake and MK)
G&W}
Falco}These three haves a significant amount less of tourney results from DDD up that seems to put
ROB}three characters, IMO out of place by the tournaent placestandard that MK,snake and DDD made.

So i propose this edit to the list
MK(could be given the top tier alone in the future, in my opinion, maybe with snake, but thats debateable)
Snake
DDD(Until the CG can be effectivly countered by the majority of the cast, his tourney results are that of a top tier character, and thats what the SBR mainly goes by so I doubt he will go down in ranks until there is an antidote to the CG with most characters)

Very high
G&W(Without a doubt, best of this very high group, debatle if he should be 4th in the top, but he lack the tourney results of DDD, so maybe in the future)
Falco(He fits into this tier in my opinion perfectly, his tourney rankings right now have him in around this tier, falco is placing better and better in tournies as time goes by, with SK92 leading the way)
ROB(I definetly think ROb did not deserve the top tier in the SBR 1.0 list beacuse his tourney results are recognizably worse than DDD and a long shot from MK, however that doesnt mean that ROB should be underestimated as he still proves to place consistently well in most tournies in the US)
Marth(Personally I think the SBR cutoff there top tier on the wrong person beacuse marth's tourney results for the summer were equal and not worse than ROB(And marth has slightly better match-ups than ROB does, as I looked on the boards and talked with tourney smashers)
Wario(DSF and samurai panda have faith wario will make a drastic rise in tier lists soon, but during the first 6 months of brawl in the us futile,ranked #1 for a while and now 2, has dominated tons of tournies with Wario and is one of the leaders in the wario metagame, his tournament placement would put him in this tier, his problem s that his overall match-ups are worse than that of Marth, ROB, and falco

High tier
Lucario
DK
and the rest

Comment on my opinion please, and also about DDD killing after ending the CG at the end of a stage, M2k has been pioneering many ways to get the KO, as I use DDD alternate I see his release grab utilt very effective and quick way to get a kill at 110-120%, as it is more efficient than the fthrow at the end which does klead to edgeguarding, which can get the kill, but i think DDDdosent have it that hard when he's got them opponent at high% beacuse he is guaranteed an edgeguard with the CG, and high multi jump and bairs can easily WOP to get the job done.

Barge

1) I laughed. Alot.

2) Why is Mewtwo always so overated by people? For some reason, everyone thinks that if he was in Brawl, he would have been AWESOME :D *cough*. Sure, he is that level of awesomeness in the Pokeman games, but if you think about it, alot of characters have been dumbed down from their abilities in their games (e.g., Samus, Ganondorf, Sonic), while others have been greatly increased (Snake, Captian Falcon, all of the retro characters).
Internet sarcasm doesn't flow as smoothly

Alphicans

Smash Hero

His recovery is balls.

agreed
Have u not seen gale guarding? It's surprising and effective. Arrow canceling isn't hard, so his arrows are good. His bombs have good knockback, and can set up huge combos. His recovery sucks; thats the only truth behind your post.

POWERSHEILDED!?!?!? His zair is fast and gets two hits off if sweetspotted. His nair is super fast, with good priority, dair, like I said godlike priority. Bair is iffy, it can be autocanceled but it is kinda slow. Like I know i am making him sound like he's really good, but I understand his hinderments. All of these characteristics don't mesh with eachother very well, but with all these individual good points, it has to count for something.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
you were banned...right??
ontopic.... will this thread change acording to the tournament results and matchup ( the updated one ) threads????

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It will change once the next version of the tier list is released. This isn't just a temp list. It's THE list, so wait some months (I think?) to see some changes. :bee:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats not what the tourney ranking thread says...
people make all these outlandish claims about why he isnt broken, and if any of those claims were true about him being punishable from any move he has, or being easy to kill, than why does he still win nearly every tourney, and why do all the best people play him. even if he isnt banned, he should still have his own tier, or at the very least, a snake and MK tier

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK has 500 points more than #2 Mr. Snake...no bad match-ups (even neutral ones are debatable...)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
thats not what the tourney ranking says...
Well... granted MK is on the top of the tier list... basic laws of probability state that if 55% of tourney entries are MK players (and another 35% are Snake mains) then of course his tournament rankings will be phenominal. But seeing as how the development of MK's metagame is coming to a screeching halt... he is NOT God

gantrain05

Smash Master
Well... granted MK is on the top of the tier list... basic laws of probability state that if 55% of tourney entries are MK players (and another 35% are Snake mains) then of course his tournament rankings will be phenominal. But seeing as how the development of MK's metagame is coming to a screeching halt... he is NOT God
no, your wrong, he's still basically god. even if his metagame has come to a hault, i don't see anyone's metagame getting so rediculous that it comes close to meta.

kr3wman

Smash Master
no, your wrong, he's still basically god. even if his metagame has come to a hault, i don't see anyone's metagame getting so rediculous that it comes close to meta.
A god would have all his matchups (except dittos, of course) 10/0.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Call it god, demi-god, call it whatever you like but there is no way, that MK can be in the same tier as a character, who has 500 points less in tournaments, who has worse match-ups and clearly worse moveset potential - and that's his biggest "concurrence"

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I don't know if Mario should really be low. DDD's inifinite shouldn't be so gamebreaking that it reduces Mario to low. Mario's match-ups aren't all that bad either. DDD and MK are his only truly terrible match-ups. Again, I keep trying to tell people, Mario's match-up against G&W isn't nearly as bad as his other two main ones. All of G&W's approaches are pretty much negated by the FLUDD, it's a 7:3/6:4 match-up not a 9:1/8:2 in G&W's favor. Mario does decent against everyone except DDD and MK.

PS: There's no way in **** that Ness is above Mario.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol GaW has 70:30 against Mario, that's not decent at all. And I'm really not sure about his matchups vs Snake, Falco and Marth either...

I agree though, that he's mid tier material

kr3wman

Smash Master
A character's place isn't decided entirely by his match-ups against top tier. Of course, it boosts them by alot if they do, but saying Yoshi or Mario or anyone else is a great counterpick against MK/Snake/whatever won't matter if they still get ***** by all the other characters.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Stagnated metagame doesn't mean **** if its still the best one in the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you know what coming the whole way through the match but you still cant do anything about it, than that doesnt really mean too much now does it?

Barge

Yoshi has a 5:5 on MK so...not a god in the least,lol

(ok....almost 5:5)

(ok....im lying...or am i?)
metagame is brokens mirite?
5:5? you wish D:
According to the metaknight boards, his worst matchups are 70:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom