• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability to actually punish him when he lands.

It also helps that he doesn't have to deal with floating dairs in that matchup. Sure, there are repeated FH Dairs, but at least they don't start combos.
Well, the Dair could lead to an edgeguard once a decent percent has been established and hits them offstage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Call me crazy but isnt getting Comboed with Peach Dair better than getting gimped or killed by a dair on meta?

Umby

Smash Master
Call me crazy but isnt getting Comboed with Peach Dair better than getting gimped or killed by a dair on meta?
Depends on how you look at it.

Thinking about it logically, yes.

In a matchup, where things happen faster, you'd feel like you'd have more time to recover from getting Daired by MK, where as vs Peach, your main concern is getting away from the **** once you get Daired.

That aside, it just feels like you can get in on MK a lot easier than you could on Peach with Sonic. In general, if you just played a patient and smart game, Peach is much better to deal with than MK, but it's very boring when it happens. This is especially true considering that neither character kills very well. To give you an idea, I once played vs my friend's Peach with my Sonic. We timed out on last stock with low percentage.

We never played the matchup again.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Iunno, Peach is a pain, but it's also a match-up I don't mind either. Just UTilt Peach's floats, space BAirs, and stay close if she's grounded instead of floating.

Sonic's good at forcing characters to not camp as much because since Sonic can't play a long distance game too good unless he gets close, his speed compensates that. I was 2 stocking and 1 stocking Peach at low percent. It's still 60:40 for Peach though, for certain. For me though it's just a match that doesn't frustrate me too much.

[EDIT]

Also, Dedede vs. Sonic is just unfair. LOL

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll be in it for the Pizza and dip out. Unless you guys have Nitnendo Puzzle Collection for GC then I'll stick around. =3

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Uair is not a kill move in any sense, unless I'm completely missing something. I don't play Jiggs a ton, but Uair has pretty terrible knockback if I remember right. Were you meaning Utilt?
Yes, I meant UTilt. My mistake. :laugh: Though you can use Uairs to try and 'chase' your opponent upwards, or if they're really stale they can lead into Rest, so they can help lead into other kill moves, in a way...

Oh, and I agree on 60:40 Peach's favour for the Peach vs Sonic matchup.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, I meant UTilt. My mistake. :laugh: Though you can use Uairs to try and 'chase' your opponent upwards, or if they're really stale they can lead into Rest, so they can help lead into other kill moves, in a way...

Oh, and I agree on 60:40 Peach's favour for the Peach vs Sonic matchup.
You're in the wrong thread if you're discussing matchup ratios.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
You're in the wrong thread if you're discussing matchup ratios.
Look at the last page, and you'll see people saying that they think the matchup is 60:40 Peach's favour. I was simply agreeing with them. No reason to single me out in particular.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We're on the subject of Pizza in the current tier list thread. You were beating a dead horse by replying to something we are no longer talking about.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I see. Sorry about that, then. Time zones mean that I was asleep while everyone was discussing the matchup, so I added my own opinion afterwards. And you said that this isn't the topic for matchup discussions, implying that none of the thread should be devoted to matchup discussions, not just my specific post. Oh well, never mind, you continue with your current conversation.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
... I wasn't being serious.

Here's hoping Mario stays low tier.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Wow, it almost seems like that guy made an account JUST to come on here and say that about Ike...

EDIT: POST 300!!!!!!!! SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yoshi's pretty terrible. Let's make Scat happy and discuss how bad he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom