• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Ike and Sonic are still WAY WAY too high imo. :p
I have to agree with you. Whilst Sonic mains are celebrating that impressive ascension up the list, I seriously cannot see why he moved so far. It seems to me to be almost a fan service. As for Ike, he didn't drop far enough in my opinion.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf's placing in his tier along with the whole lucas>mario>ness thing are my two biggest questions. Overall though, looks pretty good, and the system seems a lot more accurate.

About the placing, I noticed that samus ranked worst out of all characters but higher among low tiers. This happened with some other characters too (ex. wolf ._.), can you put something in the OP clarifying the process and how those things happened and if/how the original rankings were taken into consideration?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I can't believe I'm saying this, but... this tier list is actually not that bad. I can't find any serious points of disagreement. Nice job, guys.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I have to agree with you. Whilst Sonic mains are celebrating that impressive ascension up the list, I seriously cannot see why he moved so far. It seems to me to be almost a fan service. As for Ike, he didn't drop far enough in my opinion.
That might be because of where you live, there are some sonic mains/users doing very well here

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm interested in your thoughts.
I don't see you on but I just think he avoids trouble a lot better than Snake, harder to combo, juggle, gimp, trap, I think he has much superior options in the disadvantaged state. I also think that he's safer overall...could be wrong, I need to play more wario, I'm much more knowledgeable about snake than wario so there might be some bias in that <_<

and how gay do you play(on brinstar :p)?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What do the numbers "mean" exactly? "Average" of what? Average number of votes? If so, why is having a higher number bad?
Is it so hard to understand how the voting process went? =/
Average of votes in points, and there were a certain amounts of grades a character could get. 1 is the best, and with higher points it gets worse.

I'd also like to see a list of people who voted.
Well, then keep on wanting, it won't happen.

No Zelda/Sheik? Other than that, it seems about right. Thought Sheik would be a spot or two higher, but other than that, seems decent.
I think I already told people in the "What to expect" thread that there will be no Z/S spot.

gm jack

Smash Lord
You did. There was just always that slim chance you were messing with us.

Where about do people think a combined Z/S would go? My gut instinct is saying low B, but that it just looking at their combined matchups and picking the better one for each situation. However, a lot of them are outdated, so I know it isn't accurate.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well I wasn't, lol.

I'd say at the current metagame Z/S would be placed around B Tier-ish, maybe high end of C. The combo isn't all that developed yet and we don't see many people placing with it either.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I actually like this one. Falco is a bit high considering his lackluster tourney results. He should be one below Marth but w.e.

Also, Link > CF.

All in all, accurate list.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I actually like this one. Falco is a bit high considering his lackluster tourney results. He should be one below Marth but w.e.

Also, Link > CF.

All in all, accurate list.
I agree with this, Marth is 4th for Europes tourney results after wario, pretty accurate overall.

Shadowblazen

Smash Cadet
Marth not S tier = strong disappointment
Wario +5 = thing I hate most about this new tier list
Game and Watch -3 !? = but the turtle ...
Captain Falcon = YES!

And lol, Meta Knight went down a tier.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Captain Falcon = YES!

I think Wario is the 2nd best in Brawl, but in the past he was ranked lower due unpopularity because people didn't know how good he actually is.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon = YES!

Wario is an excellent character, but is very hard to use correctly. He easily deserves 3rd place.

G&W suffers against the high tier characters. He destroys most people below him, but struggling against the top characters on top of a lack of placings is going to lead to a fall.

BMX

Smash Lord
I think Wario is the 2nd best in Brawl, but in the past he was ranked lower due unpopularity because people didn't know how good he actually is.
I agree. I'm totally biased and agree that he shoud be 2nd. lol

Wario deserves this spot, but it's time to step it up.

BMX

Smash Lord
His Up-B is broken. Check it out. Twice the length of the shuttle loop. YOu play him and you lose all pride. -_-

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
dont you guys think you are over doing it this inui stuff much? lol @ getting the tier list thread locked.

how do you unlock inui in brawl anyways? i've tried multiman brawl but no dice.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I heard his Neutral-B is broken as well. His nado takes up the whole screen & hits your characters weak point for massive damage! Any proof?

jamzthehedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JamzTheHedgehog
Yay sonic in mid tier! The hedgehog is finally acknowledged for his steak mind games. GO GO SONIC :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This list is ridiculous.

gg Sonic mains, gg XD
All our work paid off...but 8 places higher?? All I can say is gg guys XD

But there's no way in hell Falcon is above Link and Ganon, nor is Link the second worst character in the game.

:093:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
D Tier header should've been blue ...
why does it go from green to bronze to purple?
-spaz-

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh yeah, silly Lucas, how'd you get above Mario and Ness you rascal!

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom