• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
So what you're saying is, you entered a thread that involved numerous arguments about an in-depth topic, made a post that reflected your own personal opinion, and upon being provided with evidence that disproves the implication made by your statement, you retort by further implying that you don't have enough experience with the game to know what the hell you're talking about?

i know what im talking about its just i actually sleep and do other things as well.
Yes. Bowser gets ***** by DDD. Fox gets almost as ***** by Sheik, Pikachu, ZSS, MK, and ICs. That's pretty bad.
well everyone gets ***** by meta knight

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i know what im talking about its just i actually sleep and do other things as well.
I know what I'm talking about enough to know that you only think you know what you're talking about, and I have the time to do "other things." A lot of the time I don't even play Brawl, I just know. Clearly I live a more efficient lifestyle.

well everyone gets ***** by meta knight
This is either over-exaggerated or flat-out wrong.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
olimar seems good where he is now, whats keeping him down is his horrible revovery. Last time I checked a purple pikmin is your last bet to nock the enemy off the edge. Why exactly does mete and snake have there own section, I see no real point.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Meta Knight 15.00
Snake 13.91
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

High
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06

Middle Tier
Ice Climbers 9.59
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91

Low
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41

Bottom
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Well this is how i divided characters into the 5 tiers Top-High-Middle-lower-Bottom
i simply used 7-7-9-7-7 because it works out perfectly as there as same ammount of characters in bottom tier as top tier etc.

Page 100 Woohoo!!!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Your wrong, Bowser doesn't get ***** by DDD, not at all

And 2nd thought, whos bright idea was it to put DDD > GnW lol
How Doesn't DDD **** bowser? there is this thing about DDD getting a grab...

also, who's idea? the people who realize that DDD is better than G&W lol.

You also realize it's based off of averages in a vote, right?

Edit: wait a sec: Toon Link/ Young link being 17 in both games and Bowser being 23 makes those characters substantially better, as they main 2 of the 3 S tier #s

Blad01

Smash Lord
Tier List V2 into 5 good old tiers

cj. Shark > If you want to divide the list into 5 tiers, you can also simply do that by the points : 15 / 5 = 3. Every 3 points, there would be a new tier.

(15 pts)
Meta Knight 15.00
Snake 13.91
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09

High
(12 pts)
Diddy Kong 11.94
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

Middle
(9 pts)
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44

Low
(6 pts)
Ike 5.91
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

Bottom
(3 pts)
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

I find this pretty good actually. Well, MK (and snake) still deserve their own tier though...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The 5 tier system seems innactuate because someone like marth or G&W is clearly not on the same level even, as Metaknight.

Blad01

Smash Lord
The 5 tier system seems innactuate because someone like marth or G&W is clearly not on the same level even, as Metaknight.
Yes, there is actually a problem with the top tier... But falco, ddd, g&w and marth are pretty much at the same level. So maybe this division into 5 tiers could be used, but with the addition of SS (MK) and S(nake) Tiers...

And the rest of the list seems pretty accurate to me.

Blad01

Smash Lord
i agree.
the way they did v2.0 is a lot more accurate, imo.
See my last post about Top Tier. ;)

But apart from that... The rest of the V2 tiers seems a bit inaccurate, a bit random (gaps between diddy and wario, olimar and pikachu are not that big) and a bit confusing.

But well... Being confusing shouldn't be an arhument i guess ^^ And I can't say the way it is is bad either. :)

Umby

Smash Master
Oh, my apologies. I should have known better than to make claims about someone who believes that Snake is "barely even good." Maybe if I sleep more I can become as knowledgeable about this game as you are.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Oh, my apologies. I should have known better than to make claims about someone who believes that Snake is "barely even good." Maybe if I sleep more I can become as knowledgeable about this game as you are.
i heart teh sarcasm.

i like snake's playstyle. it's good now...
but i could see him moving a little down the list eventually.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
No... It's more indepth than that. Lucas has horrible matchup, he CANNOT deal with the top/high tiers. Has difficulty with the mid tiers AND low tiers.

He's moveset is bland at best. He's supposed to be balanced at ground and aerial moves, but Sakurai failed at that. Badly. Excluding that, no one plays him so he has horrible tourney results too.
I play him. :(

SCOTU

Smash Hero
People keep saying snake's gonna get worse, or move down the tier list, which may be true. But you'd need to have him be worse than some other character for him to actually move down the list. There aren't really any obvious candidates for becoming better than snake atm though.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I think Snake is a Fox waiting to break through, personally. Lots of little things hit him hard, but a Snake with the right CP ability and toleration for high level camp (and maybe the best tech-chasing ever) can do the most scary stuff.

I hope people keep using him.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just see people getting around what currently makes snake good.
i think falco is getting better and better.

maybe i'm dumb... cuz when i think about it... snake can handle so much...
haha i'm such a noob it's ridiculous.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I dunno.

I mean, the metagame is still evolving. We don't know yet what will happen.

Snake, as the metagame stands, definitely belongs to where he is - he is extremely good with his stage controlling, nades, godly tilts, acceptably good recovery (for a heavyweight like him, anyway), and whatnot.

I don't see Snake dropping soon. Although Falco could be dangerous.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah falco seems dangerous... until you remember snake can match falcos chaingrab damage with 2 ftilts lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I mean, the metagame is still evolving. We don't know yet what will happen.
Thank god. Games stop getting played if the metagame stops changing. And for a smash game to stop changing this quickly would be horrendous lol.

But despite the chaning metagame, i don't think i can see snake dropping very far from the top at all.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I didn't mean that he'd drop from the top. XD

He's too good for that... think of how he was considered being the absolute best character in the first few months the game was out.

Unless some gamebreaking AT for all the cast except Snake is discovered, Snake will probably never leave the Top 5 at all.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't think he'll leave top 5
but i could see him dropping a spot or 2... maybe... hah

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i was thinking maybe falco...
but i guess falcon slipped my mind for only a second.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I didn't mean that he'd drop from the top. XD

He's too good for that... think of how he was considered being the absolute best character in the first few months the game was out.

Unless some gamebreaking AT for all the cast except Snake is discovered, Snake will probably never leave the Top 5 at all.

You seem to misunderstand my use of the word "top". I meant "top" = best character. And by "far from the top" i mean "top 3".

norrispaunch

Smash Rookie
whoa.

whoa. i just realized that if captain falcon, the lowest spot on the tier list, in the hands of a skilled player can dispatch a lvl 9 MK in less than 5 seconds, then MK,the highest spot, in the hands of an equally skilled player would be a frickin' god! :smiliegor

pinkvishnu

Smash Rookie
Finally Olimar is recognized for the insane power he holds. Does he have any weaknesses other than recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom