• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "RATE MY KIRBY" and "HELP WITH A MATCHUP" thread!

Is this thread useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
We know you don't main diddy, like i said they were jokes, but to kill this spam....If you are not gonna help anyone here then there is no more need to post in this topic.

Im sure your name wont be mentioned anymore after this.
No one asked for help. Y'all just joked. I'll gladly help but everyone seems to be sidetracked. I dont go around spamming threads. I'm tryin to help out every character thread that accepts my help. The fox threads didnt want my help so no more fox. It's up to u all to accept it. I see i have fans of my kirby so i think everyone would be willing to accept my help. Any matchups in particular the kirby mains here have a problem with? I can most likely post videos of them within a week or so.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol yea, N-air is what I'm gonna be watchin for. Whats a good map for him? I know of no bad maps for ROB.
Most ROBs seem to like Frigate.

I recently found out that Brinstar is good against ROB. I thought it was one of ROB's best stages...but practice Brinstar and **** them on there. It'll be fun ;)

Just so u kno. I dealt with this in about 20+ other threads. Wouldnt u think im tired of explaining the same thing over and over? Dont feel like joking about something no one is taking me serious about.
Why do you care so much? Seriously, nobody else does.

If anyone were to go around saying I mained Captain Falcon or something, I couldn't care less. just stop please :[

But if you're going to help with Kirby...we seem to have some Snake/ROB requests...and probably MK I'm sure XD

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Um didn't someone ask for help/critique a page back? People have been asking in this topic, I know we don't have 14 pages without someone asking lol.

Like i said b4 i pm'ed you...got no answer "not a big deal"

If you want to help help me with this questions...

Hylian, and sethlon are coming down in 2 days, i dont really need help against his falco but hylian will be using diddy and tryin to use his new naner lock. I main kirby so, basic help against diddy plz. You should know this.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Most ROBs seem to like Frigate.

I recently found out that Brinstar is good against ROB. I thought it was one of ROB's best stages...but practice Brinstar and **** them on there. It'll be fun ;)

Why do you care so much? Seriously, nobody else does.

If anyone were to go around saying I mained Captain Falcon or something, I couldn't care less. just stop please :[

But if you're going to help with Kirby...we seem to have some Snake/ROB requests...and probably MK I'm sure XD
U dont get it apparently.
Anyway I have Kirby v Snake vids up on my account

Um didn't someone ask for help/critique a page back? People have been asking in this topic, I know we don't have 14 pages without someone asking lol.

Like i said b4 i pm'ed you...got no answer "not a big deal"

If you want to help help me with this questions...

Hylian, and sethlon are coming down in 2 days, i dont really need help against his falco but hylian will be using diddy and tryin to use his new naner lock. I main kirby so, basic help against diddy plz. You should know this.
Best thing to do is know how to combo with bananas or basic uses of them. U can go to training mode and get a gist of what to do. To catch ur bananas ur dash attack works as well as ur aerials. Being Kirbys aerials arent horrible obviously. This shouldnt be a problem. If u wanna be gay, do what chu does to me, Just aircamp when theres a banana in his hand and vary ur landing. Kirby has an advantage being diddy cant really gimp him and kirby can easily gimp him with the swallowcide, bair and dair. Also dont try to swallow the bananas. U'll lag very hard and it'll be like he hit u with the banana anyway. Any more? ^_^

No i dont really kno killafrmNY. I only know KillaOR.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
hell yes i wantz moar!

what is a bad stage for diddy that kirby can **** him on? RC?

EDIT: Kirby vs Snake: I just always dthrow alot and chase him into another, just gotta space it right. Don't fthrow to uair cuz he will grenade u to break it up (if not a noob) Bair alot to space

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
hell yes i wantz moar!

EDIT: Kirby vs Snake: I just always dthrow alot and chase him into another, just gotta space it right. Don't fthrow to uair cuz he will grenade u to break it up (if not a noob) Bair alot to space
RC is arguably ur best choice but hylian uses ALOT of chars so counterpicking him wont help much.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Thnx for the advice Asdioh. :)

@ninjalink
I would appreciate some advice against ROB if you dont mind.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thnx for the advice Asdioh. :)

@ninjalink
I would appreciate some advice against ROB if you dont mind.
Whats ur main problem against rob? I wouldnt see them as much of a threat for kirby. Any vids for me to critique on or a description of what the problem is?

But he has MK, GW and i think marth also.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hell yes i wantz moar!

Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Brinstar, anything with platforms is pretty good against Diddy. I wonder if Jungle Japes is good against him >_> probably not because he can spike you or do his side b hug into the water... who knows.

Against Snake...if you grab him right after he upsmashes, and you're like "oh crap I'm going to get hit by the mortar" just use upthrow, you'll go right through it and blow it up without taking damage. ^_^

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Brinstar, anything with platforms is pretty good against Diddy. I wonder if Jungle Japes is good against him >_> probably not because he can spike you or do his side b hug into the water... who knows.

Against Snake...if you grab him right after he upsmashes, and you're like "oh crap I'm going to get hit by the mortar" just use upthrow, you'll go right through it and blow it up without taking damage. ^_^
did not no that....*writes down in lil pad*

oh yea asdioh have i gotten better? Matches were fun yesterday :)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yea hes right about the upthrow. Kirby has the easy death with his up-throw on RC. Norfair limits the banana game a good amount. Brinstar i can actually take advantage of with diddy.....not exactly something u may wanna do. But kirby can take more advantage of the stage than diddy could.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Whats ur main problem against rob? I wouldnt see them as much of a threat for kirby. Any vids for me to critique on or a description of what the problem is?

But he has MK, GW and i think marth also.
I don't have a problem yet. I'm just going to a tourny where OS will be attending and if worse comes to worse i'd rather not get three stocked :p I'm just looking for some good advice in case we do end up playin.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well remember this. Rob's up-b is his main weakness. Either dair or stone him coming up. Low percents u prolly wanna dair him to eat up his fuel. MAIN THING TO DO. PREDICT THE DSMASH AND LEARN TO DI IT. If u can DI pikachus dsmash u DI his the same way....its just faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmL-I4Xwowg Thats vs snake. Of course it isnt the best example but.....a gist of the matchup. Theres a whole set i think. I do make alot of technical mistakes doin the wrong attack at times. Kirby makes me use alot of tilts really fast in combos unlike most chars so excuse me for that one >_>

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Hey NinjaLink I have a random question for you.
How do you get good with a bunch of characters when you don't practice on wifi?
Do you have people near you that play brawl often with you?

Just curious.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
wifi messes up your gameplay offline, well at least for me it does that's why i rarely play online and when i do i don't use kirby much.

But im not Ninjalink lol he can answer for him self

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hey NinjaLink I have a random question for you.
How do you get good with a bunch of characters when you don't practice on wifi?
Do you have people near you that play brawl often with you?

Just curious.
Its all mentality of the character. I dont always practice.......hell i barely play. I have my crew to play if anything. I play prolly once a week or not at all.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Suspect: Well I know if I didn't have Wifi, I wouldn't be any good at this game. Mostly cause, I can never seem to attend tournaments cause I work on weekends. :(

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i mean u can get better from wifi if you are just starting to play but you will soon see that wifi and offline is different.

That's why i laugh at "online pros" alot because offline they know they will get wrecked

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i mean u can get better from wifi if you are just starting to play but you will soon see that wifi and offline is different.

That's why i laugh at "online pros" alot because offline they know they will get wrecked
Anti lives near me. Its funny how he gets away with it at times here. I just use kirby and walk back and forth when i fought him in losers finals. Pretty fun(ny)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

In my opinion, you just need to have a different mentality of when you play offline and online. If you think of them as the same, it will throw you off your game. And some online pros do just as good as offline, examples are SK92, and Ally. It's probably because of your mentality, that you can't adjust offline play to online play, while other players realize this and perform good in both areas.

NinjaLink: Don't say you hardly play, that just can't be true. You have to be playing at least once a week to get that good with alot of characters. If not, I'm in disbelief, and props to you.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Quoted from you

"wtf? talk to him on here? Chu dat wont talk to me

f*ck Chu he is over rated anyways lol"

what the f*ck are you talking about? I don't even know you. I see you posting in my bi-weekly thread, and now I see this ****?

f*ck you too man. Get out of my thread also if you fuking hate me.

thats what he sent me because me and my friend where talking about pros and i started joking around but chu didnt no that lmao

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
In my opinion, you just need to have a different mentality of when you play offline and online. If you think of them as the same, it will throw you off your game. And some online pros do just as good as offline, examples are SK92, and Ally. It's probably because of your mentality, that you can't adjust offline play to online play, while other players realize this and perform good in both areas.

NinjaLink: Don't say you hardly play, that just can't be true. You have to be playing at least once a week to get that good with alot of characters. If not, I'm in disbelief, and props to you.
I actually dont to be honest.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My gosh the Kirby boards are lame now. What happened? :[

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
My gosh the Kirby boards are lame now. What happened? :[
this.

seriously, this is the reason why pika is winning me over... =/
kirby is still my main, but i find myself playing my 'secondary' a lot more.

still, kirby has a good matchup w MK IMO. =)

also, more on topic, i'd like to put up some of my newer kirby vids but i don't have a way 2 transfer.
here's two of me and my cousins:

kirby vs. lucas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnHnUMFBqI0
kirby vs. MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXlVAFQzKI

(btw, these were green online, but still, take lag into account, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom