• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd still just wait until Diancie gets officially released.
Unfortunately, Diancie got screwed by not having Power Gem in its movepool. You'd have to go the mixed sweeping path if you want to take advantage of Moonblast and Diamond Storm; based on Serebii's inputs, Diamond Storm is a physical attack.

Anyway, I finished raising my Trick Room Carbink today, and it also doubles as a Stealth Rock user.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The official webpages for Diancie show it using Power Gem- it's quite clear at this point that the event Diance will be distributed with Power Gem.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Even with the buff, Power Gem isn't very good. Rock's never really excelled as a special attacking type. Regardless I think Moonblast is enough for a support set. It gets screwed by Steel types anyway, so it's not like it'll be staying in against them.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I have access to a Toxicroak safari.

Edit: Just caught one for you.
Ok what would you want in return i have some of the leftovers from the other page that I've mentioned or if you want I'm working on Analytic elgyem with cosmic power, and ally switch right now though I just started on it..

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ok what would you want in return i have some of the leftovers from the other page that I've mentioned or if you want I'm working on Analytic elgyem with cosmic power, and ally switch right now though I just started on it..
Anything is fine. For now I just need help evolving my Haunter...

Edit: Never mind the Haunter...I evolved it with someone else.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I have some questions about pledge moves.
1. When you use the pledge moves, do you get an increase in priority or is there something else that affects it to make you move first.
If it is an increased priority move, what moves go before it?
2. When both pledges combine, is the special attack from the Pokemon that moved first, second, or both?
3. If I used a grass/water pledge, would the joined pledge be grass, water, or would it be both?
4 can I have more than one combined pledge move at the same time (I use grass/fire pledge turn one and use fire/water pledge second turn)?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I fought someone that used the pledges and from what i saw they don't have priority and the first pokemon that used it "waits for another move to be used". As for whether or not another can be used after the four turns they are in effect idk i didn't see any other area effect other than the swamp field during the battle. i didn't seem to have saved the match.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I was wondering if they did, because my Chesnaught outsped my smeargle in a triple battle and it has a lower speed stat.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
1. When you use the pledge moves, do you get an increase in priority or is there something else that affects it to make you move first.
2. When both pledges combine, is the special attack from the Pokemon that moved first, second, or both?
3. If I used a grass/water pledge, would the joined pledge be grass, water, or would it be both?
4 can I have more than one combined pledge move at the same time (I use grass/fire pledge turn one and use fire/water pledge second turn)?
As far as I know, they both combine and activate on the turn of the slower Pokemon. I don't know about the others as I have never tried using them. However, if you use all three attacks on the same turn, only two will combine.

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy When would you like to trade?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was wondering if they did, because my Chesnaught outsped my smeargle in a triple battle and it has a lower speed stat.
Have you checked to see what nature your Smeargle is using, and how high its Speed IV is? I do know that it's possible for a Mega Ampharos to outspeed Smeargle, if Smeargle has no EV investment for its Speed.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
My smeargle has the highest possible speed possible (max IV EV +nature) and my chesnaught has no ev investment in speed. It still moves before smeargle. Maybe it's because my charizard is faster than smeargle, so my chesnaught moves right after. So many reasons why lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My smeargle has the highest possible speed possible (max IV EV +nature) and my chesnaught has no ev investment in speed. It still moves before smeargle. Maybe it's because my charizard is faster than smeargle, so my chesnaught moves right after. So many reasons why lol.
Maybe your Smeargle's speed got lowered at some point during the match. Also, the Lagging Tail causes the item holder to always go last if everyone uses a move of the same priority level.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I highly doubt someone would run Lagging Tail/Iron Ball on Smeargle, let alone go on to ask why it moved slower.

1. Apparently, the fact that the faster Pokemon used a pledge allows the slower Pokemon to use its own right after. I would bring up video, but the moves were demonstrated on Wild Pokemon and with the uncertainty of the IVs/EVs of the users. With what you seem to have experience, there really can't be another possibility. Your own battle vid (or Showdown replay, if that's the case) would help clarify the situation if you can provide one.
2. The second Pokemon is the one using the attack, so its Sp.Atk is the one that is used. The resulting move does get doubled in power however, leading to a potential 240 Base Power move if the 2nd Pokemon gains STAB and the resulting move is its own type.
3. Whichever would have the type advantage will be the resulting type. Water/Fire = Water, Fire/Grass = Fire, Water/Grass = Grass.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I got one from the Battle Maison. 6X5G-WWWW-WWW6-K7WM
I had a scarfed smeargle in this battle and my other two pokemon had no items. You only have to watch turns 1-3. I also decided to name both of my charizards Sun God. Also, here is my actual battle vid for the week. ZE2G-WWWW-WWW6-K7AW

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
That would backfire a lot if you went against a trick room team. Does water/grass pledge affect levitate/flying types?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That would backfire a lot if you went against a trick room team. Does water/grass pledge affect levitate/flying types?
If they're not Ground-type attacks, they should work. Bulbapedia has all the information, if you want to check.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Might have to get a taunt user to prevent tr from used and force them to switch out. Bulbapedia didn't mention anything about flying/levitate users so I'm guessing it effects them as well..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Might have to get a taunt user to prevent tr from used and force them to switch out. Bulbapedia didn't mention anything about flying/levitate users so I'm guessing it effects them as well..
Water/grass pledge will be a grass type attack, so it should work...just not very effective on flying types.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Taunt is only a temporary counter against Trick Room though, and that can be neutralized by the Mental Herb.

However, if you have a Trick Room user use Imprison, it'll seal off Trick Room for all the opposing Pokemon, and the move will remain sealed until the Imprison user gets taken out of the picture.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Just wondering, because the sea of fire only works on any pokemon other than fire types, so I thought that a swamp wouldn't affect flying/levitating pokemon. Also, taunt won't work against oblivious Pokemon.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah that's what i was thinking when i first saw it. Thought it would have worked the same as electric terrain, or grass terrain..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Having both Grass/Water Pledge and Tailwind is rather overkill, don't you think?
That can depend on if the opponent has anything that can counter the speed drops or not. Also, Tailwind does increase your odds of outspeeding the next Pokemon that enters the battle, which isn't the case with the Water/Grass Pledge combination.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Tailwind+grass/water pledge would almost guarantee outspeeding the opponent. Plus, it will work really well against tailwind teams since you have the swamp and tailwind. However, I believe that rainbow+tailwind would be the better option. Assuming this is for triple battles, you can have a Charizard, Talonflame, and greninja out. Talonflame uses tailwind and charizard and greninja use their pledges. Now you can use moves like air slash, heat wave, scald and ice beam with a better chance of getting the secondary effect. I'm just using those pokemon as examples though.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Anyone else find it disappointing that both male and female meowstic have the same stats? I thought that the male would have more defensive stats while the female had more offensive stats.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyone else find it disappointing that both male and female meowstic have the same stats? I thought that the male would have more defensive stats while the female had more offensive stats.
That is rather odd, but that has happened before with Unfezant.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I guess. I've never used Female anyways, so I wouldn't know how it works. Male is my favorite because of its support options. One of my friends asked me to trade my VGC team that I'm working on and he will give them back with a gift. I expected him to give some really useful item, but he made them all shiny. I'm not complaining (except one looks gross when shiny), but I thought there wasn't an Action Replay (or whatever he used) for the 3DS.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I guess. I've never used Female anyways, so I wouldn't know how it works. Male is my favorite because of its support options. One of my friends asked me to trade my VGC team that I'm working on and he will give them back with a gift. I expected him to give some really useful item, but he made them all shiny. I'm not complaining (except one looks gross when shiny), but I thought there wasn't an Action Replay (or whatever he used) for the 3DS.
There is a cheating device that can do that to XY now...that is how some people have been getting Latiosite and Latiasite.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Meowstic-M is undoubtedly a great support that can be tailored to what you need whether it's Quick Guard, Helping Hand, Imprison, as well as other options that get boosted priority. It's a fast Prankster, slower only than Liepard in VGC.

With Intimidate being a common thing in VGC and the new ability in Competitive, I really wanted to try it out with Gothitelle and Meowstic-F; a +2 Sp.Atk boost for a Atk drop can be a real threat if it decides to fire off attacks.

The other VGC legal Pokemon that can use it is Wigglytuff, but I'm rather reluctant in giving it a shot.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My female Meowstic does try to utilize Stored Power, and the Competitive ability would help it even further once the Calm Minds have done their job. But considering how mediocre Meowstic's defenses are, trying to pull off two Calm Minds can be difficult on most occasions.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Meowstic does have access to barrier and could run it with CM but it doesn't have a good recovery move iirc edit thanks mewtwo now i just need to identify the ditto's 31 stats in German which may prove to be a challenge..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I have a question about shiny chaining. If I close the 3DS while chain fishing or using the pokeradar, will it mess anything up? I don't believe it affects breeding, since it isn't a chain.

Top Bottom