• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Pivot Walking (and PW Crouching) thread.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you hold down lightly on the control stick, you won't fastfall while doing an aerial. It is more difficult this way than with c-stick set to attack, but preferable, at least for me.

And he means doing the pivot until you fall offstage and dair. I guess.

o_o

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Apparently Shielding gives you a large slide for Marth/Sonic, and you slide the entire time your Shield is up.

OMFG:

Dash > Tap Up > Dash OTHER WAY LAGLESSLY

^ GETTING A VID OF THAT (new TRIP INDUCING Foxtrot maybe?)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You guys are going off of theory. You need to provide us with vids showing attacks reliably coming out of the pivot walking and connecting with the opponents.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Apparently Shielding gives you a large slide for Marth/Sonic, and you slide the entire time your Shield is up.

OMFG:

I assume you mean tapping up by using the doop walk hold a method?

You guys are going off of theory. You need to provide us with vids showing attacks reliably coming out of the pivot walking and connecting with the opponents.
The vids will come E. I mean its ALL across the brawl forums. It seems plenty of people are putting it to use, just by reading stuff. I dont see any reason why it WOULDNT have application in competitive play.

I think its important we go off on tangents a bit, because we have to find out what else can be derived from this. I think even more so interesting than the pivot walking itself is the mechanics behind the input method. I think it can lead to other things.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No.

Use the C-stick to "pivot backwards" while walking, up/diagonal back like you would for a normal pivot walk, except shield as soon as you do it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is not new. RoyR showed me this a loooooooooooong time ago...probably around April or May. It's not that good. :)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If I was feeling nice and decided to not shoot off t-jolts to hinder your movement, I could still fair you before you could react once you got anywhere near me with this awkward movement of a tech.
Btw Napilopez- people have been putting it to use for a while... as a taunt.

Napilopez

Smash Lord

OMFG:

Is this from a foxtrot or from a full run? I'm guessing its from a foxtrot... because if it was from a full run... god that would be so broken for sonic.

Btw Napilopez- people have been putting it to use for a while... as a taunt.
But you have to realize, most people are lasy. Unless its something gamebreaking like wavedashing(which wasnt even that hard), people are not usually gonna put that much effort into learning a tech that isnt soooo gamebreaking. This method makes it tremendously easier. Not to mention that its nigh impossible to do some of it as effectively though the normal crazy walk method. like Sonic's is supposedly way too difficult to do right in normal play to apply it. Not to mention that probably 90% of people who knew about it, never tried to put it to use more than once or twice, because it wasnt worth it. I know I definitely didn't.

The method changes things.

Tenki

Smash Hero

OMFG:

?_?

Are you sure you weren't just testing it with Sonic and taking advantage of his screech stop's IASA frames?

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
New to this thread, but I have to say. If I start seeing people do this normally, I'm gonna punch... no FALCON punch myself in the gut. This tech has the ability to make brawl one of the most ******** looking games ever.

Not saying the technique is bad, it just looks..... funky

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Not saying the technique is bad, it just looks..... funky
Ok, heres what I think...ahem:

It lets people make fun of Marth more.
"OMG, a ballerina!"

...but really, it's just a new way of 'crazy walking' that lets certain characters do wierd things that are hard to apply to normal play. Unless you completely master this, there are few times that this will help you. (especially as fast the word is spreading with this, people WILL know about it, and will expect it) You're going to have to get really creative with this to actually use this effectively, and even then you probably don't want to do it all the time. Maybe once in three matches, maybe not even that much. Also, if you plan on using it to taunt AND as an approach...that doesn't really work becasue it looses it's "WTF" effect after a while.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol your voice sounds dead havok. anyway all it takes is some practice and a way to move ur fingers into that positioin im starting to get it its mad nice

freaking sonic mains are going to have a crap load to add to their game which makes me sad cuz theres alreayd too much crap that they do idk what to do

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
freaking sonic mains are going to have a crap load to add to their game which makes me sad cuz theres alreayd too much crap that they do idk what to do
*tries to think of something you could do with Snake*

I guess you could try PWing then doing a mortar slide out of it...but that's getting a bit too creative for my taste. Wait, what happens if you try to hold a nade while PWing?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oh, meh.

That can be redone by just:
foxtrots and dashdance pivots (forward-back at dashdance speed)

lol

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Lol at your friend trying to join.

Anyways, I'm gonna say this new one is pretty much useless :/
I'm a noob and it already existed with a (barely...) harder way of doing it.....

>.> I think I'm trying to hard

(I'm guessing within a week I'll probably be the only one using this technique :laugh: considering 90% of 'pros or better' say its ****ing useless and I want to prove them wrong)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I tried messing with it, I ending up charging smashes a few times, but it is a bit funny to look at. Looking forwards to its uses!

Tenki

Smash Hero
I noticed that tech last night
It wasn't really a tech lol. It's easily recreatable via foxtrots and dashdance pivots.

I'm a noob and it already existed with a (barely...) harder way of doing it.....

>.> I think I'm trying to hard

(I'm guessing within a week I'll probably be the only one using this technique :laugh: considering 90% of 'pros or better' say its ****ing useless and I want to prove them wrong)
Hey, make vids of sliding shield, specifically with the ** characters (spacies, Marth, Sonic, Squirtle, Ivy, but not IC's)

That one looks far more useful and less silly ;]

and for kicks, have marth spin-shield-spin-shield lol.

comboking

Smash Master
Hey, make vids of sliding shield, specifically with the ** characters (spacies, Marth, Sonic, but not IC's)

That one looks far more useful and less silly ;]

and for kicks, have marth spin-shield-spin-shield lol.
Has anyone done this with Ike?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ike's actually isn't too bad. It's just a little shorter than Sonic's.

Maybe it's not so limited to the **'s.

XD

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
tips on what mk and snake can use this for? i had the hottest thing i did on wifi where i like ballerina danced away then fsmashed my opponent lol but like on real stuff against real pple??

kr3wman

Smash Master
Cook a nade, PW into the guy, He'll be like 'wtf?' shield, grab him, let the grenade explode, d-throw, tech-chase.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
This looks awesome.
But if you're approaching with the sliding shield, your opponent is in the much better position for attacking. So I don't see this helping anyone's metagame.

Top Bottom