• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
Swift, you showing up doesn't really ruin other people's experience, there's already a decent group of competitive cmu players that consistently show up to these events, so its to be expected. But I understand, I'd feel bad if i won a tournament I wasn't directly invited to.

Yeah, really fun tournament though, one of the most fun i've ever been to. Mostly because of the awesome ppl who were there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

^this is where all of our "terminology" comes from. crazy MvC commentator. I understand most of them i think, except maybe "pringles" "scoops haagen daas" and "curly mustache"
ok i got most of the terminology down. help comes from the comments left on youtube

mango sentinel- obviously the sentinel is "mango" colored

(**** the) knicks- because the guy getting owned is orange so he calls him the new york knicks

scoops (haagen daas)- magneto throws storm into a combo, scoops is referring to the throw. scoops is just a brand haagen daas makes

pringles/curly mustache- taking from the phrase "once you pop you cant stop", its when the character has combo/control for a long time (e.g. magneto) The guy on the pringles can has a curly mustache

make it rain- storm performs an assist attack, extending magneto's combo.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
whos going to the Rose thingy this weekend. good turnout from what rose says.

i know rob said that fri he was good to go, just trying to confirm that.

wes did u plan on going? phil/sheik wanted to know. umm like i believe the bus gets out there if ppl wanna get up earlier and go(45min by bus). i cant because i have a job interview.(thats why im trying to ride with rob)

umm the bus is lame to take by yourself, I hope that rob and wes would drive because its our shot to pick up extra cash/exp b4 pound. judging by the ogs tourney some of us need much of this thing called a tourney setting.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i know that swf just started working again but important stuff here.

Rob Frozen has not gotten back to me and he has had a good amount of time to be on the safe side lets assume he can't house us( He had about 3 days after I sent it b4 swf went to ****).

ok these questions need to be anwsered.

-- we leaving friday or sat?
-- who is confirmed and coming in our car?
-- do you have the credit card to reserve hotel?

I recommend leaving sat, theres only 3 days to sign up left. Like if I were you I'd get some final decisions from matt/evan.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/15213?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

its progressively getting warmers as the date gets closer. I do not think we'll have weather probs when it comes time to go.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm busy all of Sat. sorry folks, but I can't go to Rose's thing :(. I have my housing worked out for Pound, but the rest of yall should get on the ball. Sheik, Phil, and probably Eugene will need housing from my car, and so that means you can either all cram into 1 room or spread out over 2, whichever makes more sense. I think leaving early Saturday makes the most sense to save on Hotel costs for you guys, but it doesn't make a big difference to me, I just need to know other's preferences.

xyt

Smash Lord
mmk.. so as far as i know myself, rob, swift, and phil will be in rob's car for this sat. at rose's.
anyone know about doubles and if it's happening this sat?
and as for pound..
what are we doin bout hotels..

TheLake

Smash Master
So wait when does rose's things start and when are people starting to show up? And is it this saturday not friday?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Sat at 2 is the desired start time. If it changes, it will be pushed back. Check the link I posted earlier for zig with the entire schedule list.

I'll probably be getting there as soon as it starts. It'll be tight for me.

If the Halo 3 rules are 4v4, then does anyone want to team with me and switch?

D20

Smash Lord
Wow, I finally got on this website...

Anyhow, for this weekend, I have Swift, Sheik, and Sheik's friend in my car.

For pound, I only have Taki and Swift in my car. I can't do anything about the hotel until I get my mom's credit card, which I should be able to get Friday or Saturday.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Sorry to break the chain of coherent smash talk, but I was wondering if anyone would like to get a draft together using the Morningtide boosters I won at the Prerelease? I have 18 so that could be 6 people drafting MMM, or 8 people drafting MML, anyone interested just let me know. If there are enough people interested we can sort out a time, place, entry fee (so at least I get something for the boosters), and prizes (I was thinking about this, we could just do it casually and have everyone keep the cards they pick or even record the boosters they open and get those cards back in the end, or we could calculate some way to divide up the cards to the top 3 or 4 or something like that).

Anyway if your interested post up on here, or let me know IRL, I usually show up to the Duquesne Weeklies between the hours of 2-4ish.

Also, if this doesn't work and someone would like to buy these boosters from me just let me know, I'm not all that interested in keeping them and I could use the money for deck building. Thats all from the Magic front from me. Sorry to those who are concerned with the off topic-ness spamming up the messages boards, but I don't know any other way to get in contact with all the Magic players I know.

In smash related news, will anyone be at Duquesne Friday? I will be there shortly between the hours of 2 and 4 like last time. Anyone interested in playing Pokemons with me during that time I will bring mine regardless.

xyt

Smash Lord
Wow, I finally got on this website...

Anyhow, for this weekend, I have Swift, Sheik, and Sheik's friend in my car.

For pound, I only have Taki and Swift in my car. I can't do anything about the hotel until I get my mom's credit card, which I should be able to get Friday or Saturday.
are we goin to the place recommmended by TA? quality inn or what not?
if so.. wes can you drop the 3 of us off at the hotel i guess?
68 dollars per night.. so i guess we can split sat. night and possibly sun. night between rob/swift/taki/me/anon/eugene

and for this sat, when do you want me and anon to be at duquesne by so you can pick us up rob?

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
A hotel for the rose tourny? Why?

Man, this thing is like an hour and 45 minutes from where I am. I dont know if anyone is headed out that way for the weekend, but I can ask around. I'd like to get in at least one more tourny before we all live in a post-Brawl world.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Matt how much? Can I haggle? I may be interested

Rob good ****. Make sure u sign up only 45hours left.
I was thinking like $12 or something around that, because I believe packs are roughly $4 a piece now anyway and this is sorta just a way for me to sell them and have some fun at the same time.

So far we have: Me, Tim (your doing it, we'll haggle), and Rob.

On a different note, Smashboards' servers are getting pwned like a nub playing M2k.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Smash starts @ 2pm, Saturday, but will be pushed back if people are late/have trouble getting here. Halo is after the smash tournament (9volt). There are 8 full set-ups for smash. Depending on how quickly we get the tournament rolling, and how many people enter, we may set aside one or two during the tournament for friendlies. The semi-finals and finals will be double-broadcast on a huge projector screen (ie you play on the tv but the image is also on the proj. so everyone can watch without crowding around you).

If I have my camera with me I'll record some matches.

There will be smash doubles if enough people want it, I'm up for it, teaming with keer. See ya there.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I am planning on going to this "rose" thing. CMU, right? I need as much help with directions as possible!

Please tell me we are doing teams! I hope there are enough people...I havent gotten to do doubles in what seems like ages. If there are doubles, who wants to team with me? Swift?

Also, man, smashboards suck

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
If doubles is first, i'll have no problem making it on time. I'll be there right at 2, give or take 15 mins.

xyt

Smash Lord
A hotel for the rose tourny? Why?

Man, this thing is like an hour and 45 minutes from where I am. I dont know if anyone is headed out that way for the weekend, but I can ask around. I'd like to get in at least one more tourny before we all live in a post-Brawl world.
the hotel is for a different tournament : D
hope you make it to rose's zig-zag : D
i wanna play you in tourny hehe

EDIT: kwalk is not coming = /
sigh.............

EDIT 2: i would definitely be up for doubles..
and i wanna MM keer. -_-)..... REDEMPTION~!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA
*keer probably has forgotton me already*

TheLake

Smash Master
We should be there around 2 to 3 ish.

Zig-zag if you get lost be sure to ask around for directions because we got pretty messed up our first time traveling down ( like the the youth center is not ON monaca...sorry im bad with directions but i hope you dont get lost)

xyt

Smash Lord
ok so... myself and anon will be showing up to duquesne around 12:30pm
i guess the car ride will be me/rob/swift/taki/anon : D
i will probably be doing my matches vs. taki and the lake tomorrow too : D
hope we get a great turn out : D!!
see y'all tomorrow!

TheLake

Smash Master
724 504 8100...thats my cell phone number

Like i said i suck with directions but its better than nothing (think of me as a last resort ^_^)

But yeah ill definatly do the best i can

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
724 504 8100...thats my cell phone number

Like i said i suck with directions but its better than nothing (think of me as a last resort ^_^)

But yeah ill definatly do the best i can
Wont you be with or near other smashers? Im sure they might know better too!

Remember, Im not from around here, so I dont really know where Im going, on top of not knowing where this is. But I will do my best!

I still need a partner if there is teams! I hope there is.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
El oh el i actually showed up to a tournament. XD It was good playing with everyone again. It was fun playing you zig-zag. That pikachu is sweet.

And tim even though we only got 1 match it was fun. GnW all the way.

D20

Smash Lord
I have the hotel room reserved for Saturday night. It will be $85 with all the taxes and such, but that's not so bad once we spilt it.

D20

Smash Lord
Taki, do you think you could remove any videos you have of me from youtube? I don't want anyone learning my Young Link tricks when the pools for *pound* get released.

On a side note... Hi Renth!

xyt

Smash Lord
I have the hotel room reserved for Saturday night. It will be $85 with all the taxes and such, but that's not so bad once we spilt it.
oh shoot rob.. did you mention the smash tournament??
i remember reading on the site that there is a discount rate of 68$ for pound 3 attendees

EDIT: this was missed cause boards were acting up.. but um... props to everyone who showed up to Rose's tournament : d
good stuff guys!!

1.Swiftbass
2.Taki
3.D20
4.XYT
that's all i remember.. little help?

D20

Smash Lord
I got the same discount through AAA. The $68 is before taxes.

As for the tournament, I believe Zig-Zag was 5th.

Also, Taki and I had one of the most epic sets ever. GGs all around.

Top Bottom