• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Taki is just too good.

Alan you are awful, losing to Droly makes you a ChosenOne. From now until you redeem your self you have to pretend to be gay, I'm sorry its just how it works.

As for Duquesne I'd like to play this week I'm usually free on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It'd be cool if we could do it one of those said days.

P.S. : Alan I'm messing with you, but come one.

A-Laon

Smash Master
P.S. : Alan I'm messing with you, but come one.
I played downright horrible. I stupidly let myself get disheartened after losing an extremely close set first round, and I didn't pull it together. Didn't help that I got a murder bracket again either. At least this time I didn't go money-venging anyone.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
well, i played juke and kel and lost but hey i won the first 4 money matches i ever played so i am happy

A-Laon

Smash Master
Highlights of my brackets in the last three Ohio tournies:

Canal Fulton:
-Vidjo
-Sliq
-Drephen

Wooster:
-All of Pittsburgh
-4%
-Vidjo
-Camper Bob

Cleveland:
-4%
-Sliq
-Juke

I think I have the right to be somewhat annoyed by my bracketing.

And even if you don't like it, well, tough, because I ain't talking **** on you or anything regarding you, so if you have some issue with what I'm saying, ignore me or get over it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm saying that constantly blaming your bracket will hinder you from getting better

and you are lucky to play the good players in tournament when you know they will try their best instead of in friendlies when they will sandbag all over you

A-Laon

Smash Master
I don't blame brackets for my losses. I don't blame anything except my performance being inferior to my opponent's.

When there's one bracket with all the skilled players and another that any mediocre player could effortlessly get an automatic 3rd in, three times in a row, and I don't get it... also three times in a row... bracketing begins to annoy me.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
good stuff taki

quit making johns the rest of you o_o
Only time i complain is when im playing people i came to the tournament with. 2nd round i played rob, and 3rd i played taki.

My only john is something that im trying to improve on. Whenever i mess up my game goes to crap, and it takes me a while to get back on my normal game. Tournament pressure gets to me after a few sets.

It wasnt the best day for pittsburgh. So what, complaining is just one way of getting rid of some of that pressure. Its not like anyone really took it seriously.

D20

Smash Lord
well this is going nowhere

continue whining at will
You whine more than any of us. All he did was make a comment.

Anyhow, I took Sliq to 3 games... again. I also did the greatest combo I have ever done... and still lost. At least I looked good losing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i challenge you to show me where i whine about bracketing or pools

what do i whine about?

1) people spamming the thread with stupid stuff

2) not updating the thread so that people call me in the afternoon asking why anyone isn't there (not so much for my loss as for the people who traveled to the location only to find out it was implicitly "cancelled")

3) having to repeat arguments over and over because people don't listen (you don't have to agree with me, but you already know my view and i already know yours; nothing ever changes, so let sleeping dogs lie)

in short, stupid boards drama; i don't whine about tournament setups (besides at mowfest where it was legitimately poorly set up; not due to seeding but due to bye placement) or matchups (i never whine about having to play anyone in a serious manner). anyways like i said, keep rationalizing your losses if it makes you guys feel better

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Pocky you whine more about us then we whine about bracketing or what not. Im getting really tired of your arrogance and your "im always right" attitudes.

Whining is whining. So you whining about us means your not helping in the least.

And again he made a comment. He didnt drag it out for page after page. Seriously shut the F* up.

*waits for a stupid rebuttal*

xyt

Smash Lord
um.. like to whine about no one playing smash in Korea...

and... and.. losing! yea that's it @_@)!!
losing sucks man.

Edit: out of Pocky's defense though, i don't think he does his thing to attack any
individual though. i do believe for the most part he's just poking fun/pointing
things out that go unnoticed most of the time. and we all know that he does this
to everyone.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The way the bracketing ended up for the last tournament I was at in Ohio was indeed garbage and everyone not in the same bracket as me (which was everyone else from Pittsburgh) was pretty much doomed to lose at least one set (seeing as the all had to play Vidjo even if they made it that far, with the other people Alan mentioned). Whereas in my side of the bracket the competition was very scarce, and Big_R (who as mentioned before is complete garbage) got a free trip to 3rd place, where if any of the other Pittsburghers beside myself were in my place they would have got 3rd easy. So even if they are whining, they have every right to whine.

As for what you said about wanting to play the good players and wanting to be bracketed with them, your either ******** or you don't go to tournaments for the same reason as me at least. Whats the point of traveling two and a half hours to Ohio if your not trying to finish in the money. I would rather play in a garbage bracket knowing that if I do I'd make 3rd place than play in a stacked bracket. Granted there is a exception to this and it is when we attend huge tournaments in which we know we aren't going to finish in the money even if we get a cake bracket, then yeah I'd want to play all the good players I could.

As for the thing about good players not sandbagging in tournament matches, go play Vidjo in a tournament match. He won't even pick his main let alone not sandbag you. Again there are exceptions, but you'd have to be really naive to think the majority of pros don't sandbag in tournament matches.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't get why people tell me to drop it then continue to press the issue even after i've apologized and agreed to do so

and yes, i guess we do go to tournaments for different reasons; i play smash for fun, not for money (i'm not trying to bash anyone who DOES play for money, though honestly if so, what pittsburgher is actually profitable?), and i find it more fun to play the better players than the free wins

so at the end of the day, would you be satisfied with 3rd place if you beat joe newbie the bowser player and his friend the pichu player and their cousing the mewtwo player, then lost twice and ended up breaking even?

to clarify; swift and reik's logic is "don't worry about the system or the matchups; just keep winning and it'll work itself out". i like to think about the bracketing and matchups and stuff, but at the end of the day, that's the best way to ensure you perform as well as you can. don't think about what "could have been", just win the matches that are dealt to you because that's all you can do

takieddine

Smash Master
All I can hear is WAAAAH from everyone..

I got easy bracketing, I'm over it, everyone else should be too.

Also LOL @ my Starmie wrecking everything including the tower tycoon.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
there is no so thing as easy bracketting, taki was just better than everyone he played, so what if he didnt have to play the very best..................I really have no idea what i just said but go taki for taking 3rd <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
there is no so thing as easy bracketting, taki was just better than everyone he played, so what if he didnt have to play the very best..................I really have no idea what i just said but go taki for taking 3rd <3
that's pretty much what i said but just that i didn't dress it up not to offend people, which i guess i should have

A-Laon

Smash Master
Pocky you whine more about us then we whine about bracketing or what not. Im getting really tired of your arrogance and your "im always right" attitudes.

Whining is whining. So you whining about us means your not helping in the least.

And again he made a comment. He didnt drag it out for page after page. Seriously shut the F* up.
/ argument

A-Laon

Smash Master
There's no debate here. I make a very small comment of my annoyance from the poor bracketing (which there was), and it explodes into a totally irrelevant argument of bracketing theories and johning accusations, mostly being aimed at me when I never proposed such an argument to begin with.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i think bracketing theory IS a very relevant and interesting topic

plus you want to talk about "relevant"? this is the pittsburgh weeklies thread, none of this is technically "relevant" -_-

A-Laon

Smash Master
By "irrelevant" I mean that me making a subtle and uninteresting comment on poorly structured brackets at a particular tournament =/= me blaming bracketing for my losses and proposing an argument that unjust brackets ruin placings.

If you want to keep discussing it, fine, but I'm not going to be the target of it because I never blamed it or sincerely cared about it in the first place.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
What time tomorrow? Its been a long dam.n time for me. I miss the losing and the terrible pizza and all my young'n smasher friends that my fiance still teases me mercilessly about though i haven't seen anyone in months.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so has anyone else thought about hitting up super champ? Like I get paid this week and I would like to know a little something on our progress because i rly wanna get a decent sized group to go .

Top Bottom