• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
I have a little history to dig through regarding a forgotten proposal by Raymond to potentially host another Colverfest about this time of year. I'm gonna look into it to try to get some lively smash activity going again, but before I start annoying Raymond, I want to know who here would be up for it / could drive people / etc. and if people would want this to be a multi-day event or the like.

Anybody capable and willing? 'Sooner I know, the sooner I can start pestering Raymond about it.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ok, If I follow someone, then I am comfortable driving. I can fit three other people in my car, four if you want to push it. It's only a cavalier, and I know I wouldn't want to be that cramped for two hours. But it's your call. I can let you know for sure if I can go once I have more information.

A-Laon

Smash Master
My first double-post... I'm surely starting down the path to degeneracy now.

I've attempted calling Raymond various times today and have yet failed to get anything beyond a busy single, so I don't know if I was given an incorrect number or if their service is having a hiccup, but regardless, if anybody else has a means of contacting Raymond, now would be a good time to use it. Regardless, I'm gonna see if I can't contact him a bit later / tomorrow.

PS: Next time we smash, brace yourself for seeing me with short hair.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I have a quick question for those who record using a splitter. I pretty much have no idea what it is. Could you give me a quick overview on how the wires connect?(What connects to what) I have only recorded VIA tripod and camera, but it seems like the splitter allows the camera to record directly what is on the TV. Yes?

pockyD

Smash Legend
the gist of it is that your camera (hopefully) has RCA in ports

you split the signal from the RCA cables coming out of the gamecube before it goes in the TV... one half goes to the TV and the other half goes to the camcorder (or capture card or whatever)

the game will simultaneously broadcast to both the TV and your camcorder. If your splitter isn't great (maybe you just use lousy little cables like me or whatever), it won't boost the signal that much and the screen might be of lower quality (in my case it darkens a bit, but still plenty playable)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey whats our lineup for pound 2?
as stated above signup fast because im sure that pound is going to be f**kin huge. I actually wouldnt be surprised if it were bigger than this years FC

anyways just kinda wanted to poat because i changed my sig and stuffs.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, saturdays are going to be bad for abit, with graduation partys bein everywhere. So, I picked up ICs again and learned to desync really well.

takieddine

Smash Master
Mow doesnt play Fox slow because he can't play him fast though...

Its just that he has control over his character. IMO speed is only important in a fox ditto, or maybe a fox-falco match.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've been playing sheik lol

only vs CPUs though =\

i do have a tournament today so i'll be trying sheik in 2v2 with doyoung; see how that goes

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i have returned from an absence on the boards and i am ready to own some of you nubsauses. Give me a call to play.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i got a bunch of **** to do this afternoon so smash wont be untill 7 or 8 oclock.... taki u can call me in a couple hours and ill know for sure. even if noone else from boards is there at least me and josiah will be so u should come

takieddine

Smash Master
All I remember from last night is running and powershielding...

I also got a headache from alan's rediculousness. :)

GG's, we should have a couple more of these to make sure we're ready for pound.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
All I remember from last night is running and powershielding...

I also got a headache from alan's rediculousness. :)

GG's, we should have a couple more of these to make sure we're ready for pound.
agreed, we gotta get another one soon. We had some intense matches. I still need more **** falco killing practice. Alan's falco= greatly improved. I think alan's going to be the next tim of pittsburgh, i really don't want to let that happen but hes just so rediculous.

the m.c.c. is in full force we aint fake, unless your callen yourself fake, or all the new nublets fake. hahhaah

A-Laon

Smash Master
Alan's falco= greatly improved. I think alan's going to be the next tim of pittsburgh, i really don't want to let that happen but hes just so rediculous.
Just because I punish you for always rolling the same direction doesn't make me Tim. :p

And besides, Tim doesn't lose to Taki on Final Dest three times in a row... for Triple Glory nonetheless.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
at one point I kind of wanted to play the new pokemon
but then I was like, god how many pokemon are there now. yeah, I just can't bring myself to waste that much time on it... ... again.
plus, I'd have to buy a DS

Top Bottom