• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
I don't really care to invest a lot of time into it either, but I still find it more than manageable to build yourself a good team within a reasonable play time. I'm yet to really be overwhelmed.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if i had a DS i'd get it

spending like 180 for one game is not worth it though; i can't honestly think of any situation i'd want to use a DS

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I feel as if theres a wall im trying to get through as of late, the one that says level up. I havent been getting ***** since vacation started (other than Cort :p). But like I feel as if I can be more than I am now.

facing ppl is the best way but, while i'd love to face a new person everyday thats hard. So i've been working tech skill out and trying to perfect my style. I think @ this lvl it has alot to do with comfort. When I face a new person I start missing simple stuff or trying to do too much to **** them and end up overthinking. I guess this is where exp comes in. Im sure it has a huge effect but then again im sure some ppl with less exp are better overall than others with alot of it.(THATS WHAT I TRYING TO FIGURE OUT) yeah im pretty bored so i figure I'd post...... memoirs of a smasher?!

EDIT: OMG 500 post?

pdk

Smash Lord
you're in seoul right? sounds like a good opportunity to find a second fighter to pick up and look around for some arcades to play it in, might as well (granted you'd probably have only the arcade to play it in since buying a local version of the game would be pointless when you get in the states again but whatever)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I feel as if theres a wall im trying to get through as of late, the one that says level up. I havent been getting ***** since vacation started (other than Cort :p). But like I feel as if I can be more than I am now.

facing ppl is the best way but, while i'd love to face a new person everyday thats hard. So i've been working tech skill out and trying to perfect my style. I think @ this lvl it has alot to do with comfort. When I face a new person I start missing simple stuff or trying to do too much to **** them and end up overthinking. I guess this is where exp comes in. Im sure it has a huge effect but then again im sure some ppl with less exp are better overall than others with alot of it.(THATS WHAT I TRYING TO FIGURE OUT) yeah im pretty bored so i figure I'd post...... memoirs of a smasher?!

EDIT: OMG 500 post?
If there's one thing every RPG ever has taught me, it's that you need EXP to level up. You'll get there, don't worry.

Also, Alan, come play me. I suck at dittos!!! Reik and Eggm **** my face off at every tourny, it's a nightmare.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
#exp systems are boring and repetitive. Thats why i stopped playing rpgs, or at least the online ones.

i dunno, i feel like i gain a lot everyday i just sit and practice technical skill by myself. yeah sparring with different people is just as important, as long as tim plays people who know what they are doing, it shouldn't be THAT bad ;) I'd just work on tweaking a tighter defense like trying not to get hit at all, or experimenting with different strategies or characters

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
I'm making it to smashtality btw.

oh and shiek, if you're in seoul, yoko kanno is having a concert there sometime soon. you know, the great yoko kanna from cowboy bebop.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
ok I guess if you haven't seen cowboy bebop you haven't heard of yoko kanno. she makes amazing music, and she's doing a live performance in seoul sometime soon for the first time in 5 years.

Renth

Smash Hero
i wave shine moving from B to X really fast =)

btw...

my fox is uber how'd that happen.. beats me
just is.

one more thing..

I Graduate tomorrow night...
everybody should come see me sometime soon this weekend i'm doing nothing
next saturday i'm going to battle of the bands up here in johnstown

then my plans for summer are pretty much non-existant people should come play me or they should take me places to play other people.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i meant what do you do with the analog stick; of course you go from b to x/y; i don't know if it's even possible to wd with analog stick

and just go to pound if you're going to be free anyway

takieddine

Smash Master
If anyone is going to colver, put me down. :) I havnt had serious smash in a while...

Edit: Do I have to pre-register for pound2? I would feel more comfortable carrying money and paying there, instead doing it via credit card.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
taki, u have to go to a bank and buy a gift certificate visa, its like a gift card/visa thats what i am doing, go to the first post of pound and go to registration.

Renth

Smash Hero
If anyone is going to colver, put me down. :) I havnt had serious smash in a while...

Edit: Do I have to pre-register for pound2? I would feel more comfortable carrying money and paying there, instead doing it via credit card.
Yeah Yeah YEAH!!

Everyone, come to Colver!! then pick me up and take me places

anyone else think i should have a RENTH GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!! Fest?

Nakamaru

Smash Master

Uh, im going up on the 9th for battle of the bands, but i dont know how much smash we'll be playing. Last time we just played 3 matches the entire weekend.

@Renth
--**** yes you should do it. Is that even a question?

@Alan
--Forget about me and rides? I have no schedule anymore so i can do whatever i want. ^^' ish.

Renth

Smash Hero
last time naka was here yeah.. we played 3 matches.. throughout the course of an entire weekend :laugh: but uh... i dunno i'll come up with something...

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i think i am almost ready for pound, i need to play a little more fox and i think i am set, i would like to get some peach in to but no one plays her. If anyone is up for training for
pound let me know.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm stranded today. I definitely want at least one more session with all four of us before we head out for Pound. We ought to start planning something for the weekend.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
someone take a vacation to korea and come play me... =_=)..
my dads in korea right now but he doesnt play smash lol i shouldve told him to bring me along
also as far as moving back to fridays... thats fine with me, in fact i'll probably host some **** on fridays and saturdays. this past weekend i was on a camping trip that i completely forgot about so when i was woken up early in the morning on friday i didnt have time to go to boards. but yeah stuff will be happening on friday and saturday because i dont have **** to to and im leaving for europe in a month so i def need to get some good smashing in because i may not get to play again til august!!

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I hate to take away from one of the weeklies, but I have a graduation party at my house on Saturday, June 23rd. Ill have my plasma screen dedicated to Gears or Halo 2, and probably 2 TVs for smash. Also, a $5 buy in poker tournament, pool, food. I would like to have a SSBM tournament, like $5, double elimination, paying percentages to top 3 or so. But I'd need you guys to come, because of the local people, none of them would pay to play SSBM, because they suck. I live about an hour south of Pittsburgh, and its 51 all the way.
Address:

104 Vernon Ave
Belle Vernon 15012

EDIT: Oh yea, its starting at 2

takieddine

Smash Master
I thought you were supposed to call me :dizzy: .

I guess its getting late now, and if we were to play, i dont think we'd be able to play till a late time. Idk, when's pound vs. when is the next possible event before pound?

Top Bottom