• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
hey guys id love to smash today! if you could pm me with ur address it would be greatly appreciated, pockyD, that is if its alright with you that I come. also im def coming on friday and if there something going down tommorow im game for that, too. reason for all the free time: IM ALREADY DONE WITH FINALS MOTHER****ER! oh yeah and if you dont feel like pm then just call me it would be faster neway 412-352-4019 thx

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
so pocky, it takes me half an hour to get to piscataway from my house. and I have to drive through bill's place in east brunswick so we should definitly start a CMU crew or something.

cone

Smash Rookie
hey guys.

a few of my friends and me have been looking for a place to play some smash... i was wondering if i could get some details on the cmu stuff? obviously i'm not going to read through all 137 pages. :p

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's my place taki, not where we're playing friday =\

cut/paste from a few pages back; maybe clean this up and put it in the first post?

for the record, the address for the place we USUALLY play at cmu (we actually have played several places before, but this is the most recent place) is

1060 Morewood Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

it's a dorm; once you enter, you need to have a cmu student or someone else already there let you in (or leak in behind someone else walking in)... my number is 973-214-3905, if anyone else from cmu (especially kevin/****) want to post their numbers, it is up to them

the place we play was called (before this year, where it now has some weird name) the "Morewood D-Tower Lounge". If you get lost on campus, the building you're looking for is "Morewood Gardens (A-D Tower)". It is at the northwest corner of forbes ave @ morewood ave. there is a parking lot adjacent to it which is free nights/weekends, but permit only before 5

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
cant wait to get pwned again on friday. and, hey, wheres pdk? ive come to expect random pictures/spam every couple days at least. and yeah u and ur little bro should come to cmu friday

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
unfortunalty i can't make it friday I also am going to start playing pokemon but smash is always number 1

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i'lla ctually be on my merry way to CMU in approx 15 min., so i should be pretty prompt (in reference to 2:30)

EDIT: change in plans..count me for about 3-3:30

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the place right now. gimme me a call 732-688-1551 for directions or to get in. recording is in session.

PS: we have certificates for a 1v1 tournament we plan on holding. get your hilarious pictures today.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get back i am going to 4 stock you.

pockyD

Smash Legend
my god i spend the whole game FJing and floating around without FF

i should've recorded more; it's real easy to see why my marth sucks

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
was that our last friday?
us townies need to get organized stat! we dont need big universities to play smash! **** that last supper **** its gooin down this summer!:mad:
and yeah as far as getting owned at pockys: :urg: I GOT PWNED... plain and simple, but I think ive been too relaxed lately having been playing only with matt cats (n00b), especially in the mindgame department. but i had my moments and since wednesday ive practiced a couple times and am now playing more... competatively

xyt

Smash Lord
us townies need to get organized stat! we dont need big universities to play smash! **** that last supper **** its gooin down this summer!:mad:
and yeah as far as getting owned at pockys: :urg: I GOT PWNED... plain and simple, but I think ive been too relaxed lately having been playing only with matt cats (n00b), especially in the mindgame department. but i had my moments and since wednesday ive practiced a couple times and am now playing more... competatively
this man sounds serious.. @_@)..

pdk

Smash Lord
you better believe the HARDKORENESS

anyway boo, you know of any potential venues a bit west of your place? (it's already around a 40-minute drive from washington to enter pitt, might as well not tack on an extra 15-20 given the option and i imagine the others are close enough to not mind)

pockyD

Smash Legend
**** are you in for pound? (i'm driving, at least to philly where if wes really wants to, he can drive but i'm willing to drive the whole way)

pockyD

Smash Legend
so my current plan

leave home around 5:00 p.m., when i get off work (hopefully i can get off earlier)

Parsippany, NJ (my place)
34 mins / 30 miles
Metropark Station - Iselin, NJ (tim)
27 mins / 21 miles
Marlboro, NJ (****)
58 mins / 44 miles
Yardley, PA (wes)

3 hrs / 167 miles
Mount Airy, MD (venue)

return trip: leave around 7ish pm, but earlier if tim needs to catch a specific train home of course

hopefully someone on the way will agree to house us (between wes and the venue); if not, kevin yeh lives 45 mins from the venue (but still only 3 hrs 10 mins from wes's place if we go straight there) and said tentatively (pretty much just mentioned in passing 2 weeks ago) that he could house us

Top Bottom