• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I agree with what Kel is saying after watching Sliq play Rob's Marth with Jiggs. A good Jiggs can make the Marth Vs Jiggs matchup alot closer than it is potrayed to be. If the Jiggs stays away from F-Smashes (particularly tippers) what can kill him? A U-Tilt at a higher percent maybe, but even then it puts Jigg's life span on par if not better than Marth's in this matchup. Granted the Jiggs has to wait for openings to punish, his punishments are detrimental, Crouched grab->Rest your dead, whiffed F-Smash (which the Marth will be throwing out alot of trying to kill Jiggs) to some type of combo (maybe even a rest combo). We're not arguing that this match is in favor in Jiggs, or even even, it is just closer than people make it out to be depending on the skill of the Jiggs and how often you play against Jiggs.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
@-Wes
-Kev

Same thing as Rob, People in my car excluding mark please give me some kind of confirmation for friday. Leaving at 2-2:30 from somewhere on CMU campus. Tell me where and i'll do my best to get there.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i need to find out exactly where cmu is, i want to play u guys beore u all go back to your homes and its just me rob taki alan and the other locals

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Kevin and I are about to play some frizbee, but after that I would be willing to play anywhere around CMU.
None of you guys play frisbee golf do you? Cuz my old frisbee golfer friends have left town and I really enjoy sports you can play while chainsmoking.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
hey for all those not going to the rediculous weekend of smash, I want to have a little smashfest friday to fill the void of duq and i havent really checked to see if there's going to be one somewhere else already, but i will, and when i do, AND there isnt, then I'll post again about when and where in case anyone in interested. tentatively i planned for it to start from 3-5 oclock ending at about 9 or 10. and yes it may involve a guest appearence by cowboyardee

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hey for all those not going to the rediculous weekend of smash, I want to have a little smashfest friday to fill the void of duq and i havent really checked to see if there's going to be one somewhere else already, but i will, and when i do, AND there isnt, then I'll post again about when and where in case anyone in interested. tentatively i planned for it to start from 3-5 oclock ending at about 9 or 10. and yes it may involve a guest appearence by cowboyardee
dude. . . **** mowfest, this one's gonna have cowboyardee. . . I ****ing love that guy!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Just to make sure everyone knows. Rides have changed, but housing arrangements have not. If your were originaly in rob's car you are staying at the campus, and if you were originaly in my car, you are still housing at the cape's.

But that may not matter because i mean, Cowboyardee... He's like, famous.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
I got the RCA splitters in today and they work just as I expected them to: wonderfully. so next time we get together I can record some more video, and if we do it at CMU again we can probably have 2 tv's recording.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
okay @ everyone NOT going to mowfest. if you are going to mowfest, then stop reading this post right now or u will have to post this comment in 10 other youtube vids in next 48 or you DIE! ok to the point... i am in fact holding a little smashfest of my own tommorow anybody who has ever smashed at duq or cyber or whatever is welcome in fact anyone whos every played smash before is welcome. It will be in sq hill from like 5 o oclock until everyone leaves, and if you want to come dont hesitate to call me or pm me (if you pm then do it soon and leave ur number) my numbers are 412-327-8983 and 412-521-8349 -->(et home phone) i prefer you didnt just post in here because its so confusing with all the mowfest talk right now. and YES! the one and only Cowboyardee will be attending as well as smashers of my aquaintence that youve never met b4.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
@Taki
--I'm meeting Wes and Kev at Kevin's place at around 2. Your gonna have to take ***** seat since you are the smallest of us. Sorry bud, and whoever wants shotgun is also going to navigate for me.

I'm going strait to the event so that Kev, and wes dont have to lug their TV and stuff from Cape's to the campus. Then i'm going to drop off my car at cape's and walk back to the event.

pdk

Smash Lord
exact address would be nice to have, boothunder (just pm it to the regulars here if you don't want some random stalker taking it or whatever)

and any chance on another cmu event tomorrow since it seems like boo's already got that base covered?

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
ok just to clear things up
CALL ME DO NOT POST ON THE BOARDS! I will not have access to internet for the remainder of the day and im lucky that i checked one more time before i left so please call or else it will not happen or i will just sit at my house and play smash with the same guy i always do which is gay.'

412 327 8983

pdk

Smash Lord
also if anyone is going to cmu this week would it possible to have more detailed directions? (e.g. name of the building on cmu's road signs, a path from the front door to the destination, etc.) i know it sounds real stupid; consider it a defense mechanism after last week!

and any chance on non-mowfesters having recording equipment?

D20

Smash Lord
Yep, just meet at the NiteSpot tommorrow at around 3:30. I'll have my car parked somewhere on campus, and we'll just walk over to it together.

Call me if you guys have any problems... 412-327-9199

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
So whos goin to Boo's and who is goin to CMU? I doubt I will be allowed to go to ur place, Boo, because I don't know you. (Sorry, parents and all...) I'm goin to PM u anyway, kuz somthing might get to work out.

pdk

Smash Lord
na!l; boo said he won't be checking his pms until tomorrow at least, i'd just call him now to get things figured out earlier

and d20 i'll see what i can do for arriving around then; it also might help even more to hang out in front of the duq building or in the lobby for a bit (last week i assumed my ride was only down the hill next to the building and went in circles trying to find it so...)

pockyD

Smash Legend
d20 was talking about mowfest

for the record, the address for the place we USUALLY play at cmu (we actually have played several places before, but this is the most recent place) is

1060 Morewood Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

it's a dorm; once you enter, you need to have a cmu student or someone else already there let you in (or leak in behind someone else walking in)... my number is 973-214-3905, if anyone else from cmu (especially kevin/****) want to post their numbers, it is up to them

the place we play was called (before this year, where it now has some weird name) the "Morewood D-Tower Lounge". If you get lost on campus, the building you're looking for is "Morewood Gardens (A-D Tower)". It is at the northwest corner of forbes ave @ morewood ave. there is a parking lot adjacent to it which is free nights/weekends, but permit only before 5

Nakamaru

Smash Master
To everyone in my car. Please try and keep the number of bags you bring to a minimum. Cause im fitting 5 people's stuff in the back of my car + a TV, and i still need a rear view mirror.

Top Bottom