• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pdk

Smash Lord
i'd be all up for something local this friday, just give the exact location (i didn't know my way around cmu worth a **** last week and i still don't) and we can make it happen

and i've been playing kof98 online too much, i bet i've gotten rusty in smash : ( but alas, THE SHOW MUST GO ON even if i try to juggle with uppercuts instead of uairs and get my *** kicked

A-Laon

Smash Master
Anyway as for this weekend, is there anyone not going to Mow's that would still like to try and play somewhere this Friday?

Also what happened to the NiteSpot????
I officially have confirmation that I won't be catching Mow's fest. Rides, **** to do, inconvenience, rides...

If anybody will be here and will be wanting to do something, I could probably catch a Friday or one day thing, assuming we can find a place.

I'm guessing Nitespot is dead, though nobody's really coming outright and declaring it. We need to buckle down and work on a new spot / new TVs / etc. or we could be going awhile without any substantial Smash.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm pretty sure that i mentioned repeatedly on friday that it was likely the last duq friday =\; those screens are pretty near unplayable

the setup we had at CMU was pretty good (3 TVs, included a huge one and a recordable one (video out)), but i'm pretty sure it won't be available this week since i assume kevin yeh and dickchang are partaking of carnival and the rest of us CMU-ers (which don't matter anyway because we don't have the TVs; they do) are heading to mowfest

the week after this though, we could probably try CMU again

edit: some more details about the place... it's a lounge, much smaller than the nitespot but plenty big to support 3 (and probably even 4) TVs, along with a significant amount of couches and a giant screen already in there. there's a parking lot right next to it that's free after 5 i believe, and the guys that live there brought down 2 good-sized TVs last time. It's at the edge of the dorm in question, so there are relatively few randoms who come by and wonder why we aren't playing ffa with items

only thing is no free food, but i know i personally wouldn't mind pitching in for pizza or something like that

place is 10-15 mins directly east of duquesne on forbes ave

xyt

Smash Lord
@Wes: OMGOSH YOU IS SLEEPIN AGAIN @_@)!!... i saw the first time n was like "heh.." and then i saw the second one and was like "OMGOSH HE DOIN IT AGAIN @_@)!!"
@Rob: i await your confirmation for the rides : D

: D : D : D

D

Deleted member

Looks like yall had fun >_>

Noobs galore at tekko today, i was undefeated in ffa against them until Mow showed up ;_;

Also, I'm sorry guys apparently I have no skill because I use missiles/double missiles which are clearly the cheapest/gayest move in the game which takes no skill and makes samus too good.....

lol after they said i had no skill because of missiles I asked for a mm with anyone at any price.... everybody got silent... too bad I could of used some free money ;_;
Man no one $ matched me.

Speaking of missiles I basically got sodomized by you in winners finals. I was pissed but w/e no johns.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I think me and Naka are the only two (that I know of) with Wiis that go to the nitespot regularly (I think that was his the one day). So if we find 2 more we can return to the nitespot otherwise it would be nice if the address to the CMU lounge was posted so that we could all find out where we are going for the few Fridays we have left.

For those of you who seem incapable of reading other posts, We are not playing at either CMU or Duquesne this Friday for lack of college people to get us in, they are all heading to Mow's tournament.

This is just from what I gathered, so unless someone says otherwise thats whats up for this week.

A-Laon

Smash Master
For those of you who seem incapable of reading other posts, We are not playing at either CMU or Duquesne this Friday for lack of college people to get us in, they are all heading to Mow's tournament.
neither me nor kevin yeh are going, so I guess we can host again at cmu if the nitespot situation doesn't get fixed up.
About incapability to read posts... :)

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Man no one $ matched me.

Speaking of missiles I basically got sodomized by you in winners finals. I was pissed but w/e no johns.
You made a couple dollars off some noobs at least lol.

Haha sorry about the missiles though, I guess the chaingrabbing you did to me later was payback huh? :laugh:

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
hey a-laon, turns out this weekend, thursday - sunday is the CMU carnival, so both me and kevin will probably be unavailable for smash this coming weekend. sorry guys.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Ah, sorry, thought that when you said "we won't be going" that it was in regards to both Mow's fest and the CMU Carnival. Gotcha' now.

God ****it... my amazing zinger on Matt got wasted by a stupid misunderstanding.

Kel

Smash Master
I just want to say that Marth Vs Jiggs is not as easy as everyone thinks. Marth has no killing moves against her except mid-percentage grabs to tips and lucky Tippers. But they are just that...lucky. If you whiff either of those killing moves, you die instead. Yes, Marth has the best fair in the game but Jiggs moves around in the air easier and her bair can get inside that Fair too easily. Pound's hitbox also stays out forever and is annoying to get around.

Just thought I'd say that since I saw you guys talking about it a while ago.

Sup, D20 and Takie =).

Renth

Smash Hero
Yay boredom.. there is absolutely no point to this post however..
i would like to say

Swiftbass is too good.

takieddine

Smash Master
I just want to say that Marth Vs Jiggs is not as easy as everyone thinks. Marth has no killing moves against her except mid-percentage grabs to tips and lucky Tippers. But they are just that...lucky. If you whiff either of those killing moves, you die instead. Yes, Marth has the best fair in the game but Jiggs moves around in the air easier and her bair can get inside that Fair too easily. Pound's hitbox also stays out forever and is annoying to get around.

Just thought I'd say that since I saw you guys talking about it a while ago.

Sup, D20 and Takie =).
agreed.

Swiftbass is too good.
****in' agree.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I just want to say that Marth Vs Jiggs is not as easy as everyone thinks. Marth has no killing moves against her except mid-percentage grabs to tips and lucky Tippers. But they are just that...lucky.
Do you honestly believe that they're just lucky? I honestly believe that good Marths can space and time this move well enough that you can't file it under the "lucky" category. Utilt is also a servicable finisher vs. Jiggs, and just about anything can finish Jiggs over a 100%. Also, the fact that Marth has a larger disjointed hitbox on his fair than any of Jiggs's rediculous hitboxes takes away Jiggs's ability to control a match through spacing and force the Jiggly to play defensive and just try to punish mistakes. While this doesn't make for an unwinnable matchup, it sure makes Jiggs change the way she has to play and make it one of the hardest matchups to get good at as a Jigglypuff, and against a Marth on your own level or better, I'm pretty sure this is one of, if not the worst matchup for Jiggs. At least that's what it's like from my experience of playing Jiggs vs. Marth.

D20

Smash Lord
Kel's right about the match up. Wesley, every Marth you have played in Pittsburgh has not been as good as your Jiggs. There are no "good" Marth players in Pittsburgh... Tim's is close, but I think even he will admit that it has plenty of room to improve.

On another note... Tim, TSK, and Sheik, can I get confirmation that you will be going to Mow's fest? We'll be leaving from Duquesne at around 3:30 on Friday. We should be back at Duquesne at around 7:00 on Sunday.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if that were true, it would only help wesley's argument

his argument is his jiggs gets ***** by marth, and if you consider his jiggs better than anyone's marth, you are only supporting his point =)

TSK

Smash Apprentice
On another note... Tim, TSK, and Sheik, can I get confirmation that you will be going to Mow's fest? We'll be leaving from Duquesne at around 3:30 on Friday. We should be back at Duquesne at around 7:00 on Sunday.
Yup, sounds good to me.

A-Laon

Smash Master
if that were true, it would only help wesley's argument

his argument is his jiggs gets ***** by marth, and if you consider his jiggs better than anyone's marth, you are only supporting his point =)
By that he meant that Wesley's skill level with Jiggs is higher than anybody in Pittsburgh's skill level with Marth, hence Wesley has the skill-advantage in the match-up, potentially nullifying the character differences.

pockyD

Smash Legend
plus it's just not true =)

i routinely 2-3stock wes's jiggs with my marth, which is certifiably in the bottom half of pittsburgh marth players

edit: also anyone want to play tonight / tomorrow night?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

There are no "good" Marth players in Pittsburgh... Tim's is close, but I think even he will admit that it has plenty of room to improve.
agreed

well jiggs can get inside of the fairs, but thats only if the marth is playing wall -o- pain spam and if hes decided to do that against a jiggs in the hgih percentage game he's lost already.

moves I think puff cant do **** about with good timing mediocore spacing(this is even if puff jumps or evades or whatever)

Ftilt
Utilt
Dtilit
jab

I mean i think a marth with a solid ground game can take puff easy. I mean the air game is practically given to you with all of his options, but I differeniate good marths from great marths by looking @ their ground game.

pockyD

Smash Legend
point is marth has total control of the match, while jiggs players are generally used to being in control

jiggs only gets openings when marth messes up; the weird tricks most jiggs's use (triangle jump, roll->crouch, etc) are all easily punishable if marth sees it coming

edit: we're playing tonight at 8 @ morewood

post, AIM (horizonflash) or call (973-214-3905) if interested and have questions, otherwise just show up

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Kel's right about the match up. Wesley, every Marth you have played in Pittsburgh has not been as good as your Jiggs. There are no "good" Marth players in Pittsburgh... Tim's is close, but I think even he will admit that it has plenty of room to improve.

confirmation

xyt

Smash Lord

confrontation

Top Bottom