• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
I mentioned Pound to Rob during the Ohio trip, and the answer I got was that it was too far, so unless something has changed or another form of transportation is acquired, it doesn't look to be the case (as far as I know).

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, looks like i will in fact be hosting weeklies at my place, as everyone who is staying in Pittsburgh seemed to be in favor. They will probably always be on fridays, although dates are subject to change. If and when I decide to make a new thread I'll keep the first post updated with dates and whatnot. I will only have 1 cube and 1 tv (probably 4 controllers), so if people are willing to bring any stuff it would be appreciated, as well as recording equipment. My address is 2316 Shady Avenue, directly across the street from Allderdice High School. My cell number is 352-4019 and don't hesitate to call with any questions about directions/stuff you're thinking of bringing/whatever. Idk why but people on smashboards never want to use phones, so I'm telling you right now not to hesitate and just call me about something, because nothing is worse than having info get lost in translation on the boards. If someone cannot make it only because they don't have a ride, I may be willing to pick them up but only if they are okay with arriving shortly before 5 because I have to make sure nobody shows up before I get there. It will end when it ends so im not making a definite cutoff time yet but this is my parents house so it wont run later than about 10 maybe 11. As far as food there's about 1,000 pizza shops in Squirrel Hill and I'm definitely ordering some, so bring a few bucks if you want to eat, plenty of drinks at my house too. My living room can comforatably seat about 8 people and 2 tvs, and my dining room table is big enough for another couple tvs and more people if needed. I basically have enough room to host what would've been considered a small Duquesne session but im not worried about too many people coming because schools out. Just make sure that whenever you contact me about attending that you mention whoever else you want to bring with you on the off chance that like 30+ people are planning on coming, in which case we'll need a plan b. I will probably create a new thread in the AN forums but I won't do it quite yet because I want to see how it goes and it might be easier for Taki just to edit the first post of this one instead. This post is kind of disorganized because its early as hell but im putting it up now because I'm also having a couple friends over for smash today and anyone round here who wants in is welcome to join. Again I might be able to give somebody a ride so just ask. Happy smashing everyone, and good riddance to those **** college students!

pockyD

Smash Legend
the reason most people (or at least me) prefer boards to phone is that when you have important information (like an address), it's best to have it in black and white so that you don't mess it up

i'll still be here this friday =)

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
HeyDick is still willing to hold the weekly over here at CMU this friday. it would be the last friday that we could. same place and time as last time.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
ok if heydick is good to go on friday then id rather just do it there. but if anyone wants to smash this evening its going down just like i said in the last post.

pdk

Smash Lord
maybe this week i'll figure out what building it's in instead of going in circles inside the university center

third time's a charm!

A-Laon

Smash Master
It isn't too far... I will be at Pound 2.
Oh, well, if that's the case... seats? :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey guys, looks like i will in fact be hosting weeklies at my place, as everyone who is staying in Pittsburgh seemed to be in favor. They will probably always be on fridays, although dates are subject to change. If and when I decide to make a new thread I'll keep the first post updated with dates and whatnot. I will only have 1 cube and 1 tv (probably 4 controllers), so if people are willing to bring any stuff it would be appreciated, as well as recording equipment. My address is 2316 Shady Avenue, directly across the street from Allderdice High School. My cell number is 352-4019 and don't hesitate to call with any questions about directions/stuff you're thinking of bringing/whatever. Idk why but people on smashboards never want to use phones, so I'm telling you right now not to hesitate and just call me about something, because nothing is worse than having info get lost in translation on the boards. If someone cannot make it only because they don't have a ride, I may be willing to pick them up but only if they are okay with arriving shortly before 5 because I have to make sure nobody shows up before I get there. It will end when it ends so im not making a definite cutoff time yet but this is my parents house so it wont run later than about 10 maybe 11. As far as food there's about 1,000 pizza shops in Squirrel Hill and I'm definitely ordering some, so bring a few bucks if you want to eat, plenty of drinks at my house too. My living room can comforatably seat about 8 people and 2 tvs, and my dining room table is big enough for another couple tvs and more people if needed. I basically have enough room to host what would've been considered a small Duquesne session but im not worried about too many people coming because schools out. Just make sure that whenever you contact me about attending that you mention whoever else you want to bring with you on the off chance that like 30+ people are planning on coming, in which case we'll need a plan b. I will probably create a new thread in the AN forums but I won't do it quite yet because I want to see how it goes and it might be easier for Taki just to edit the first post of this one instead. This post is kind of disorganized because its early as hell but im putting it up now because I'm also having a couple friends over for smash today and anyone round here who wants in is welcome to join. Again I might be able to give somebody a ride so just ask. Happy smashing everyone, and good riddance to those **** college students!
Oh my god... my eyes!

pockyD

Smash Legend
here's a fun question

anyone that lives here (or at least will be here for the summer) want to do some storage for me? =\ among the items you HAVE THE PRIVILEGE of keeping is my 32" TV, which gets 2 thumbs-up for smashing (you can use it of course)! (and does have RCA out ports btw)

aside from that it'd pretty much be a microwave, a toaster oven (smaller than the microwave), and a snowboard; and i'd put in some money too =)

pockyD

Smash Legend
Housing for pound2 isn't looking so great; kevin are we ok to crash at yours?

evan, are you for serious?! if you are, talk to me on AIM sometime (aim = horizonflash) so i can get info

smash this friday at cmu morewood again - likely the last one of its kind for the semester =\ (i'll be free to play monday-thursday next week though!)

rob are you confirmed for nepa yet? (we have to find housing)

A-Laon

Smash Master
I may be capable of attending this week... it's a longshot but that's rarely stopped me.

And if not, hell, skrew you losers. Fritz has Pearl -- there's some serious trading to be done.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Kevin, unless something really ridiculous comes up, we're going to NEPA.
COOL BEANS

my exam friday morning finishes at 11:30 a.m. so i should be good to go any time after 1 (i gotta pack and ship my stuff that i want at home for the summer)

A-Laon

Smash Master
I never favored the DS lite... standard version always did it for me. Everything different on the Lite are just marketing speels to pull you another $20.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I like the DS lite smallness and its D-pad thats what did it for me......and maybe the sleek look and the longer stylus, and ther brighter screen. HOWEVER I DO MISS MY BLUE DS SOMETIMES, IT WAS A TANK.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Just checking one last time -- Rob / Evan: You guys still good to come to my place this Saturday? 'Just wanted to set this in stone in case I could be making other plans.

Top Bottom