• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
note to all considering nils' (boothunder) smash gathering today:

It is possible (though by no means definite) that the elusive jordan (sweettooth) will make an appearance. And I hear tell he's spent the last 6 months in a top-secret laboratory (the "back storage room" at giant eagle - *wink*) using science and other godless practices to infuse pikachu with sheik-style gayness.

Intrigued?

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
An appearence by sweettooth today, would be awesome. and cowb.... listen my old phone is busted so Im using a new one (actually im using both). so if u try to call me without success, try 327 8983

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have around 70 matches from mowfest that i will be uploading slowly over the next few weeks... they will pop up at

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pockyD

i'm not going to make a new post every time i post a new video or anything -_-

i put everything with rob in it up already because he doesn't have any videos online =)... if no one else has any requests, i'm going to up the rest in order

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Put my vids up please even though most sucked... I still don't have any up yet lol

Teams was round robin
I'm pretty sure the order was: Mow and Sensei were first then Reik and Eggm then Tim and Komosutro ...someone correct me if I got that wrong.... or just wait til Mow puts up the full results

D20

Smash Lord
Thanks for the vids Kev! I've been watching them on repeat for the last half hour. Oh, I think there's a vid of me beating Cape's Bowser... what do you say we just put that one up and take the other down?

= )

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's still "processing"

youtube is flaky with "processing" after it's been uploaded; sometimes it's 2 mins, apparently sometimes it's 2 hours =\

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
eggm was there? haha cool. he invited me to play with his crew over last spring break. I'll probably take him up on it this coming summer break.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
So how was Mowfest? Please tell me CMU or Nitespot is going to have smash this friday. My crew dosn't have school, so we would like to show up early.

pockyD

Smash Legend
smash fridays depends on when heydick gets out of class, since if they're not there we're at pretty much 1 TV

i bashed eggm's face in because he didn't know how to play ICs =)... but he's definitely better than me

it was a great time; d!ck if you're in jersey in the summer i'll travel around with you since i'll probably be there =)

rob - i don't know what to say, it's still "processing", even though it was the second one i upped -_-... i'll re-up it later if it persists like that, but it's pretty stupid

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Pocky, that reminds me. I was messin around with ICs afew days ago, and i got some desyncs down. But do you know how to side-step dodge desync?

pdk

Smash Lord
doesn't desyncing from a sidestep usually just involve holding the buttons/c-stick midway through for the desired attack

pockyD

Smash Legend
in short, yes

just down-dodge, and hold b (for ice block), down b (for blizzard), or a direction + a (to charge a smash; c stick will not work in my experience) before the end of the dodge to have only nana do the move; nana will not do up-b or side-b on her own, and to get a tilt, jab, or grab out of her, you have to do much fancier stuff

i rarely do this; i mostly desync out of a roll, which is kind of a bad habit but seeing as rolling is already a big part of my game (bad), it comes naturally. also, if you're having trouble desyncing, roll is easier than spot-dodge (merely because it lasts longer)

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
d@mn tsk, your samus is looking funky fresh. I haven't played this game in a long time, but i really need to change that.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
for the record, the address for the place we USUALLY play at cmu (this is the most recent place) is

1060 Morewood Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

it's a dorm; once you enter, you need to have a cmu student or someone else already there let you in (or leak in behind someone else walking in)... my number is 973-214-3905, if anyone else from cmu (especially kevin/****) want to post their numbers, it is up to them

the place we play was called (before this year, where it now has some weird name) the "Morewood D-Tower Lounge". If you get lost on campus, the building you're looking for is "Morewood Gardens (A-D Tower)". It is at the northwest corner of forbes ave @ morewood ave. there is a parking lot adjacent to it which is free nights/weekends, but permit only before 5
alright, so heydick is willing to host this week's weekly at the mentioned location. my number is 732-688-1551

a note on the location: its at the corner of forbes and morewood. from duquesne if you go east down forbes...you'll be there in like 10 minutes. we usually take one of the 61C buses from duquesne to get back to CMU. just get off when you see the large metal pole sticking out of the ground on the right side. or you could get off when the bus says "carnegie mellon university"

also, we are willing to host the weekly every week on a few conditions:
1) the weekly is called the "HeyDick Weeklies."
...more conditions to come as we think of them. yeah.

PS. pockyD, we've got the TV with output + the RCA splitters... so yeah, we can record on two tv's most likely. you just gotto bring your equipment.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
alright, so heydick is willing to host this week's weekly at the mentioned location. my number is 732-688-1551

a note on the location: its at the corner of forbes and morewood. from duquesne if you go east down forbes...you'll be there in like 10 minutes. we usually take one of the 61C buses from duquesne to get back to CMU. just get off when you see the large metal pole sticking out of the ground on the right side. or you could get off when the bus says "carnegie mellon university"

also, we are willing to host the weekly every week on a few conditions:
1) the weekly is called the "HeyDick Weeklies."
...more conditions to come as we think of them. yeah.

PS. pockyD, we've got the TV with output + the RCA splitters... so yeah, we can record on two tv's most likely. you just gotto bring your equipment.
what time will the 1st heydick weekly be starting?

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
parking is free starting from 5pm on fridays. that would be the morewood parking lot that you can access straight from forbes (before the big metal pole if you're coming from the duquesne/uPitt direction)
so I guess we can officially start at 5. personally, my classes finish at 2:30 so if anybody needs to come early I'll be ready for it, just give me a ring 732-688-1551

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Well, I got my drivers side window fixed, so entry into the parking garrage at CMU wont be such a pain.

Sadly, I just found out that I have a game friday at 5:30. That gets me home at 7. After I shower and travel to CMU its goin to be like...8:30. So Ill probably be playing smash for the same amount as my travel times to and from. So i guess no smash for me this friday.

When does CMU close?

pockyD

Smash Legend
well looks like i'll be in NJ for sure for the summer

anyone else planning on going to pound 2 (sheik, ****, wes, etc., even tim if you can get down to my place first) and want to carpool or something? i'm planning on going friday night (probably 7ish, getting there around 11-12) and coming back sunday (leaving there around 6-7), assuming i'm not the only one going, in which case i probably wouldn't =\

kevin you from the area? HOUSING??? =)

Other summer plans...

Evo East (5/25-27) - i don't know whether or not i want to go, seeing as there's going to be pretty much small chance for friendlies (with all the other events going on); if there's interest i guess i'll tag along though. Housing, tim? =)

Smashtality III (6/2-3) - 20 mins from my house so of course =). I've thought it over and I can probably house 1-2 if anyone else wants to show (if you haven't read any of my other posts on the subject, i don't even have my own room at home; i sleep on a couch)

FC (7/12-14) - way too far from NJ. probably not going =[

aside from that, I'm pretty much free for anything on a weekend within 2 hours of me (connecticut, NYC, ny state, nj, east pa)

pockyD

Smash Legend
double post but i guess i want to preserve the content of my previous message

na!l, CMU doesn't "close" (it's open as long as we want it to be, exams aren't for 2 weeks anyway); smash will end when people don't want to play anymore

xyt

Smash Lord
doesn't look likely that i'll be in the states at all for the entire summer = /
i'll definately let you know if i cna go to something though..

pockyD

Smash Legend
are there any rides left to nepa?

i'm looking for a one-way ticket =o

edit: as for friday, I can be there at 12:30 if anyone is going that early; i obviously won't have the extra TVs with me, however, so we will be limited to the one big-screen (and my laggy laptop if anyone actually wants to brave the lag and play on it)

however, unless there is confirmation that anyone actually wants to be there (before 2:30, which is when d1ick said he would be there), i won't show until 2:30, so if anyone plans on bring there between 12:30 and 2:30, let me know a time I should be there (I'm a punctual guy; you don't have to exaggerate to make sure i'm there before you)

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
I should be cool housing new jersey people for pound 2, as long as its not that many people. Actually if you brought enough people, we could overflow people into my friend, dan's house, who also goes to cmu. Youl'll meet him this friday.

I wish smashality wasn't so close to pound 2. (yeah i know your going to both though kev) Unless I feel like stepping my game up tremendously over the summer, I don't think theres really a point for me. I just feel like my game is gradually becoming less competitive and more messing around.

@taki please change the title of this thread to "heydick" weeklies. I just want it to be clear that the location has changed and so others don't get confused.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i do think it's important that pittsburgh stays in the title so local players can find the thread okay

but the content of the first post should definitely be updated

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
HAHA at Kevin's request to change the Pittsburgh title thread to "heydick". There isn't a location in the title in the first place; a city title is what we all have in common and any Pittsburgh newcomers would probably be more inclined to find this with its present title.

I've had fun over Carnival and all, but now it's back to same rainy, sh*tty weather. Stuck indoors. So I'm down to smash this week whenever. If it's at Morewood on Friday, I will make it but can only arrive after 7:15ish. I am also down to SMASH on THURSDAY, (tomorrow) if anyone else is.

Smashtality, yeah, I might hit that up. It's an hour north of where I am. Any1 driving up would be welcome to stay at my place if I confirm my RSVP later.

Oh, and props to Wesley in 4th place and the other Pittsburgh fellas who repped at Mow's tournament.

Top Bottom