• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Looks like yall had fun >_>

Noobs galore at tekko today, i was undefeated in ffa against them until Mow showed up ;_;

Also, I'm sorry guys apparently I have no skill because I use missiles/double missiles which are clearly the cheapest/gayest move in the game which takes no skill and makes samus too good.....

lol after they said i had no skill because of missiles I asked for a mm with anyone at any price.... everybody got silent... too bad I could of used some free money ;_;

yea TSK def was ****** hard in FFA lol. wow like soooo many newbs, but the worst were the ones who thought they knew what they were talking about.

so like will this be the end of the nitespot?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Good games today guys. Thanks for the help and stuff.
@Swift/TSK-What other games do they have in the game room? Also, how is the rest of Tekko?

pockyD

Smash Legend
so i queued up all the 1v1 videos i got and now i'm going to bed

hopefully they'll be up by the morning (search by username=pockyD on youtube), but whatever

i'm not going to explicitly post these videos anywhere else; if you want feedback on your play you are free to post the links as your own wherever you want of course

takieddine

Smash Master
searched, nothing's showed up.

Edit: nevermind, i guess youtube doesnt display users without videos in their search.

Edit, Edit: so mow found housing somewhere?

pdk

Smash Lord
agh, **** it

still any chance of recording in the next week or two?

fj2

Smash Rookie
both me and pockyD have gamebridges, and I'm getting my y-cables in soon. so if we do this again at CMU we'll definitely have video. even if we go back to duquesne we'll probably have video.

pockyD

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pockyD

some of the DLs froze or something, but a lot of them are up

i don't actually know which ones aren't up, so don't expect the frozen ones to be up for a while, unless you remember the specific matchup and tell me to re-up it (i don't want to go through every video and check off whether it's been uploaded or not)

A-Laon

Smash Master
Looks like yall had fun >_>

Noobs galore at tekko today, i was undefeated in ffa against them until Mow showed up ;_;

Also, I'm sorry guys apparently I have no skill because I use missiles/double missiles which are clearly the cheapest/gayest move in the game which takes no skill and makes samus too good.....

lol after they said i had no skill because of missiles I asked for a mm with anyone at any price.... everybody got silent... too bad I could of used some free money ;_;
Release any exTENDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRs on 'em?

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Release any exTENDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRs on 'em?
Like once lol.. I was having more fun christmas lighting people in corners :laugh:

Tourney results if anyone cares:
1st: Mow
2nd: Me
3rd: One of Mow's friends I think

First round was ffa... I got stuck against a noob, keer, and one of Mow's friends... tough first match to win >_>

After that it was actually double elimination singles....
easy wins until I had to face Mow twice ;_;
Tim and Naka didn't enter btw

pockyD

Smash Legend
they should be up hopefully by tomorrow morning

like i said, some uploads stalled out, so i will be re-upping those overnight

the only ones i won't even try to up tonight are taki vs justin, taki vs wes, and wes vs justin since there were so many of those and i don't have the time to check which ones have and have not been uploaded

edit: most everything is up; those last few that i listed and said i wouldn't try are getting queued up now

as for 2v2, ****&kevin what's your team name

Nakamaru

Smash Master
yea i was too busy looking at the animez and the cosplayers......omg final fantasy XII cosplayer chick ftw, best costume there. woo!
No way dude, Link chick FTW. She had a claw shot and everything.

Me, TSK, and Tim has such wrong sprees on the TVs we were playing on when it came to FFAs. They are very good ways to get rid of energy when your on bawlz. =3

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
My band is playing somewhere this saterday so i cant go to mows thingy. Is smash at duquesne dead?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

No way dude, Link chick FTW. She had a claw shot and everything.

Me, TSK, and Tim has such wrong sprees on the TVs we were playing on when it came to FFAs. They are very good ways to get rid of energy when your on bawlz. =3
OH yea I saw the link girl from twilight princesss right b4 i left......she had to be one of the best there as well. I didnt see he get her picture taken that much, but she WAS awesome. the clawshot was insane, i wonder what material she used, i def wanna get my hands on some.

Top 5

Fran (FFXII)
link chick
Cammy
ichigo (with the cloak)
Team Sora

it was better than last years a by a long shot i'd say. I mean its still just tekko, but they're imprving at least. They should get better panelist, because the ones I went to were lame.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
as for 2v2, ****&kevin what's your team name
I think their team name is "Ninja Warrior", but seriously, you should just label them as "HEY ****". Also, that first 2 v 2 in the set must be posted soon, I really want to see those first 9 seconds again :p.

PS. Thanks so much to everyone who made videos possible (kevin & ****). It's nice to have reliable video recording and posting.

PPS. Despite how easy it is to type d!ck, I think it's a lot funnier to have **** all over our threads.

fj2

Smash Rookie
**** says that his team name was "Ninja Warrior". But I think they've agreed to change it to "Hey ****".

yeah, referring to myself in the third person kind of sucks. oh well, no **** for me. and yeah, some of those doubles videos should be burned in the depths of hell.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
**** says that his team name was "Ninja Warrior". But I think they've agreed to change it to "Hey ****".

yeah, referring to myself in the third person kind of sucks. oh well, no **** for me. and yeah, some of those doubles videos should be burned in the depths of hell.
When you say "burned in the depths of hell," you actually mean get posted all over the intraweb? cause that's what I think they should have happen to them. You know you like starting matches by getting KillaOR'd ;).

fj2

Smash Rookie
You know you like starting matches by getting KillaOR'd ;).
I believe we almost won that match too. granted, you may not have been playing for real the entire time, but still.

ps: you should use the shapely shubik power index to create the tier list. just because its that awesome.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice

You could label the videos ninja warior, then ninja warior could announce their retirement. Then then we could announce the birth of a brand new team, "hey ****" with a perfectly undefeated record that has yet to be owned by hot cheddar.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I believe we almost won that match too. granted, you may not have been playing for real the entire time, but still.

ps: you should use the shapely shubik power index to create the tier list. just because its that awesome.
Shaply Shubik Power Index is totally *******. So I should um, figure out the possible arrangements of characters and then figure out what the chance of each being a pivot is, right? Well, how do you figure out a pivot in this case :p ? I mean, I love SSPI's as much as the next nerdy combinatorics student, but pivot placement when there's no "winning" condition is reather difficult. If you think of a way to do this though, I'd totally be game 'cause I'm cool like that.

You could label the videos ninja warior, then ninja warior could announce their retirement. Then then we could announce the birth of a brand new team, "hey ****" with a perfectly undefeated record that has yet to be owned by hot cheddar.
Whether you're "Hey ****" or "Ninja Warrior" doesn't matter, the wrath of Hot Cheddar is too much for any team to deal with.

ok, I just changed my username. I think this will cause less confusion. and be more awesome.
Yea, basically this name change is the most awesomest ever.

Renth

Smash Hero
@Swiftbass
@Taki
@Naka
and
@TSK
(Those Cape is housing this weekend)

Zach (The Cape) said:
If you want to shower bring soap, shampoo, ect. other various items on those lines Including towels if your going to be naked and wet wipe yourself down do it with your own towels not his.
For sleeping please bring pillows, sleeping bags, ect.
Breakfast is on him however if you want to eat any other time during the day that's your own problem so bring money. Might get Pizza Friday Night chipping in is always cool shiz

Shawn (Kaotical) Gets the Couch End of Story Period.
2) Couch at Cape's is MINE!!! Not accepting any matches for it, no bribes, no sexual favors, notta. My couch. (^_^)
All other places to sleep pull up a carpet pick a nice coooolll spot on the floor.
His Roommates rooms are off limits
Be polite he is housing us after all.

Try to be on your best behaviour there have been occasions where people have been very rude by littering the house throwing garbage everywhere and being very disrespectful. So everyone take it easy and let's have a good time.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
sure you can retire... and this will be your legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4NOxQLILcY

Lol @ hitting Pound->Rest 2 times in 9 seconds then going after Yoshi and trying to Pound->Rest again to bad he was at to high percent to even bother attempting the rest or that would have been the hottest opening to a match ever, even though its still pretty hot.

Anyway as for this weekend, is there anyone not going to Mow's that would still like to try and play somewhere this Friday?

Also what happened to the NiteSpot????

Top Bottom