• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably only be at duq till around 4-430 on friday... guess I'll be playin Tim and possibly Na!l all weekend at tekko lol.

Also, yeah the nitespot = too good :D

edit: Tekko = largest local anime convention that also has video games such as smash.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Could someone atleast tell im in a PM why nitespot is awesome? kuz im having a hard time decinding between tekko and u guys. Kuz i have a hockey banquet saturday, i cant go to tekko, which leaves friday and sunday, and if i go to dequesne, that leaves just sunday, but im not sure...

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Cowboy drive to Mowfest!!!!!!!!!

*this sounds familiar*...

I'm sorry sheik. While I would love to go to mowfest (and would happily drive were I able), I spend my weekends servicing the business ends of our city's elderly and infirmed. As my upcoming graduation faces off against impending bankruptcy like drunken teenagers streetracing with their daddy's station wagons, I'm afraid I will not be able to take any time off work.

So please sheik -- find a way to go. And when you do get there, have a good time. But at some point you'll find yourself playing a mediocre marth, and just for a second, I want you to remember me back in pittsburgh -- up to my chin in a sea of sh:t and praying to god no one makes any waves. Then forget all about it, focus on the match at hand, and do something really gay.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So, there's smash at Tekkowhatever? Anything worth going to, say money tournament? Or would there just be friendlies with n00bs. . ?

On a much more important note:

I'm sorry sheik. While I would love to go to mowfest (and would happily drive were I able), I spend my weekends servicing the business ends of our city's elderly and infirmed. As my upcoming graduation faces off against impending bankruptcy like drunken teenagers streetracing with their daddy's station wagons, I'm afraid I will not be able to take any time off work.

So please sheik -- find a way to go. And when you do get there, have a good time. But at some point you'll find yourself playing a mediocre marth, and just for a second, I want you to remember me back in pittsburgh -- up to my chin in a sea of sh:t and praying to god no one makes any waves. Then forget all about it, focus on the match at hand, and do something really gay.
I don't know if it's possible to say this enough, but I REALLY ****ing love Cowb.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i remember something about an anime convention with a smash tournament that was FFA single-elim

and ****, where did you order your thingies from? i got mine from this place that charged 3 bucks total (for 3 cables) but 6 bucks shipping, which i found stupid =\

edit: also they could only ship to my billing address so it's getting sent to my home in new jersey =\

tim, splitters are for recording

i hope the nitespot surprise isn't a full fleet of wiis or something, because then there'd just be more random people there and less TVs for us to use =\

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea, agreed, but then I could buy FFXIII for ps3 and play it there!!

@ tekko, there are BUNCH of newb-ish players. I'll be like in and out of the game room, but I rly wont be trying to play or even enter the "tourney" that they hold because its not MLG rules and most importantly there no money to be won......

save ur money

Renth

Smash Hero
its probably FFA n00bsauce.
FFA is mad fun sometimes if your bored enough or if you need to decide stupid little things like winner gets to pick where he sleeps that night.
and who doesn't like the occasional green match?

All Green Characters
All Green Items
On Green Greens

Yayahuz

TSK

Smash Apprentice
yea, agreed, but then I could buy FFXIII for ps3 and play it there!!

@ tekko, there are BUNCH of newb-ish players. I'll be like in and out of the game room, but I rly wont be trying to play or even enter the "tourney" that they hold because its not MLG rules and most importantly there no money to be won......

save ur money
Aw I was hoping to at least get a few matches in with you at tekko :dizzy:

FFA is mad fun sometimes if your bored enough or if you need to decide stupid little things like winner gets to pick where he sleeps that night.
and who doesn't like the occasional green match?

All Green Characters
All Green Items
On Green Greens

Yayahuz
lol green is my fav color :laugh:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Mow is sapposed to be at tekko, and i'll be in and out of the game room on Saturday. I'll be dressed as Kakashi. =)

So see you guys there. I'll be there F-smash whoring in at least 1 FFA with the noobsauce. Its just amusing to me.

xyt

Smash Lord

someone PLEASE DRIVE so i can accomplis this epic feat.. !

fj2

Smash Rookie
and ****, where did you order your thingies from? i got mine from this place that charged 3 bucks total (for 3 cables) but 6 bucks shipping, which i found stupid =\

edit: also they could only ship to my billing address so it's getting sent to my home in new jersey =\
I got them from your cable store. no joke. www.yourcablestore.com
here is the exact product I got: link
its 2.75 per cable and like 1 to 5 bucks for shipping. I took the 5 dollar shipping so it would get here faster. all in all cost me 13 bucks.

haha, homebase is jersey for me too.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I've seen a lot of such matches, and I love those commentators too much.

"Now you see, Chillin is going to try to waveshine, which is where he does a wavedash and shines, or upsmashes or something like that..."

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
"What do you expect to see in this matchup, Hugs?"
"****."

Me and Demon are more than likely going to be at Dequesne tomorrow, and ill be at Tekko on Sunday.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Just so yall know, I think a couple of the guys I play magic with and possibly some of their friends may show up this week around 7-8ish. They're new to competive smash, so don't expect much, but they want to see what higher level smash looks like.

pdk

Smash Lord
Just so yall know, I think a couple of the guys I play magic with and possibly some of their friends may show up this week around 7-8ish. They're new to competive smash, so don't expect much, but they want to see what higher level smash looks like.
nifty, how many at least would we be seeing?

takieddine

Smash Master
We're going to be going to Morewood at Carnegie Mellon University, as the nitespot now has laggy terrible TVs for smash. btw I suck at life.

Call me or Wesley 267-566-9182 for directions.

fj2

Smash Rookie
I've got the lounge reserved. And by reserved I mean I threw my crap in there and claimed it as my own. now I'm waiting for your arrival.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Looks like yall had fun >_>

Noobs galore at tekko today, i was undefeated in ffa against them until Mow showed up ;_;

Also, I'm sorry guys apparently I have no skill because I use missiles/double missiles which are clearly the cheapest/gayest move in the game which takes no skill and makes samus too good.....

lol after they said i had no skill because of missiles I asked for a mm with anyone at any price.... everybody got silent... too bad I could of used some free money ;_;

Top Bottom