• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
we are still talking about the pros thing?!!! GAY GAY GAY

alan i <3 u
i want to come over to get some falco practice because i suck at that matchup.

Renth

Smash Hero
The Reaalll question is .. why is it everytime Cactuar posts in here there's always a gigantic arguement ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
he only comes here to incite chaos

and you can't call shotgun in advance lol; you have to be in sight of the car!

honestly i don't care about shotgun, as long as I don't get stuck in the ***** seat =)

TSK

Smash Apprentice
>_> i didn't say for certain that i'd be having a test that day... it's over a week away so he may change the date. Also if it's necessary I could probably just ask him to let me take the test earlier in the day, but whatever just so someone drives me to mow's ;D

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
So basically this whole dispute can be ended like this, everyone should play ICs and just wobble 4 stocks and win.

/discussion.

So since there is Mow's thing I guess there is no Duquesne Friday which is sorta cool because I probably couldn't go because of some Male Beauty Pageant Parady I'm in for our school (aka Mr. Carlynton for anyone who cares which is probably no one because it has nothing to do with smash and I am just getting off topic and rambling). Did I spell "pageant" right?

D20

Smash Lord
New plan for Mow's fest:
Since Evan has school, and Tim/TSK have tests, maybe this will work.

In my car:
Myself
Evan
TSK
Tim
TVs

We'll try to leave Duquesne at around 3:00-3:30 and we should get to Shippensburg by 6:00 - 6:30. Objections?

A-Laon

Smash Master
Can we drop the argument... Please? Alan, you cant tell exactly what is wrong with us just from one tournament. You do have good points, but you dont have all the answers.
Just so I don't look like a ******** or an arrogant smartass, I'm not trying to say anything is "wrong" with any of us, it's just that I was really impressed by what I saw in Ohio, and it simply got me thinking about the way the game is played at different skill levels. We (MCC) had some really good discussions regarding the topic, and I thought I'd just share what I had learned, but apparently it seemed as if I was attacking everybody's smash ability. Sorry for any needless argumentation this incited. Believe me, I don't think for a second that I know everything (though ****, I wish I did ;) ).

And Evan -- Funny enough, I won't be able to catch Duquesne next week, so I'll be itching for some smash if you can do something that weekend. :)

EDIT: Kewl, beat the censor twice in that first sentence.

pockyD

Smash Legend
hopefully we can get some RECORDING this friday

i think i'll have my laptop back by then (i'm going home tomorrow; hopefully my parents aren't using it and let me bring it back) so + splitter/cables from naka and we should be jacked up and good to go

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Just so I don't look like a ******** or an arrogant smartass, I'm not trying to say anything is "wrong" with any of us, it's just that I was really impressed by what I saw in Ohio, and it simply got me thinking about the way the game is played at different skill levels. We (MCC) had some really good discussions regarding the topic, and I thought I'd just share what I had learned, but apparently it seemed as if I was attacking everybody's smash ability. Sorry for any needless argumentation this incited. Believe me, I don't think for a second that I know everything (though ****, I wish I did ;) ).
For a while I was wondering what all the fuss was about -- it just seemed like alan being alan. Then it occurred to me that Alan is actually respectful to the rest of you guys most of the time, and his preceding posts were a change of pace.

That said, I for one appreciate any in-depth comments and analysis, insulting or no. If you get past your (the royal 'you') pride (and the hyperbole and glaring innaccuracies), there was in fact some useful info in alan's posts.
edit -- and thank you for NOT just saying "mindgames" and leaving it at that.
*vows never to defend alan again*

i want to come over to get some falco practice because i suck at that matchup.
You're bad at that matchup? Didn't you, like, 3-stock my falc--

*blinks twice*

*face goes stony and cold. Left eye twitches involuntarily. Anyone who saw pdk's little brother beat my jigglypuff -- then you've seen me wear this expression before*

Oh, i see what just happened.

pdk

Smash Lord
hopefully we can get some RECORDING this friday

i think i'll have my laptop back by then (i'm going home tomorrow; hopefully my parents aren't using it and let me bring it back) so + splitter/cables from naka and we should be jacked up and good to go
i'll ask the guy with the porta-tv if he'd be open to that; this arrangement would actually be a lot easier because the regular tvs will obviously continue to have the crowds around them most of the time and we could work out a specific purpose for that tv

and sheildhop bair ***** whiffed fsmashes, y'all

pockyD

Smash Legend
well a simple roll or spot-dodge would work too

and if the fsmash isn't a tip, you can easily punish him out of shield (just ask any marth that has played me =] )

xyt

Smash Lord
ROB~~~~~ TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEE TELLL SHEIK @_@)~!~~~~~~~!!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH MOOOHOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

in case Rob can't go.. anybody else goin to mow fest?
cowboy maybe? @_@)..

pdk

Smash Lord
wouldn't that technically be releasing it in a fit of move-spammy rage though

D20

Smash Lord
Sorry Sheik, as of now, there just isn't any room. My car is too small to fit all of us and our TVs/sleeping bags/etc.

If someone can't make it, you can take their spot.

fj2

Smash Rookie
oh hey, pockyD, I got a gamebridge too, and it works pretty **** well, so whenever I go to duquesne next I'll bring it

fj2

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for a splitter but the local radio shack doesn't have them. wat we've been doing is plugging in the wii to the tv like normal, and then using another composite cable to hook up the gamebridge to the TV's composite output.

last I remember though, is that the tv's at duquesne don't have composite output. I'm planning to go to the waterfront to pick up a splitter this coming saturday, but I guess that doesn't help for this friday.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah, out ports from a TV are pretty rare

i ordered some individual RCA cable splitters (3 of them), hopefully they'll get here soon and will be of reasonable quality

takieddine

Smash Master
Nitespot is amazing now, wait till Friday for details..., That is all...

edit: since Teko's happening this weekend, who'se gonna leave early/not come this DUQ friday?(read: losers :p).

fj2

Smash Rookie
yeah, out ports from a TV are pretty rare

i ordered some individual RCA cable splitters (3 of them), hopefully they'll get here soon and will be of reasonable quality
yeah, I just ordered 3 cheap y-splitters. shipping says 2-3 days, so if its shipped right now it MIGHT get here on friday.

probably not though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey what with everyone buying splitters and stuff? did i miss the memo, fyi, no duq friday for me, tekkoshocon........but i dunno if y'all are there till like 10pm-11pm i will show up late if possible

pdk

Smash Lord
you know people are always at duq around 11, and splitters are the new CRAZE OF THE CENTURY! sort of like this:

Top Bottom