• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
yea the tourney yesterday was AWESOME, me, rob, and corey definitly repped pittsburgh hard. I did notice one thing. The level of skill at duquesne is VERY high. I defintly learned alot and playing vidjo was a great learning expierence. Obviously he beat us all but i mean come on he beat pc chris. The type of play in ohio was also VERY different, i actually lost to someone that mained zelda and i got baired to death. Me in 4% had AWESOME matches, i think we where dead even in skill but he made a great pick with jungle japes.

also something important. Its official mlg rules to pick a level to ban before ypu start a tournament set. We have never done this at sotd tournaments and need to start too.

o and we didnt do crews because there was only 3 of us. If we could have brought tim or anyone form duquesne we would have.

Renth

Smash Hero
Glad you guys had fun i miss ya soldier!

@ rob + crew
lucky *******s... got to play vidjo...

XD

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
Rob, I thought you would have beat Vidjo (he does play Peach right). Ah well, sounds like you guys kicked some butt anyway, glad to hear it.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Vidjo never played his Peach against me. I got 2-stocked by his Falco and his Sheik, and I got 3-stocked (4-stocked once) by his Marth... which was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Right after I played him, he told me that he beats Caveman's Young Link... so I guess I don't feel too bad.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Me and rob tried to get as much advice from vidjo as possible....and his advice was play as many tournaments as possible....he said friendlies dont help unless both players are going all out.

pockyD

Smash Legend
for the record i rarely ever sandbag when i do friendlies so you can count on me!

i mostly just get a little lazy with recovery and edgeguarding but for the most part i do try to play my best

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
of course alan, half those kids never even saw a double missle cancel so they were getting blasted all day. I beat 8 strait kids in a row. I mean know big deal considering i am the best samus in the world with dead aim. LOL

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I really wanna try to hit up a tourney in ohio in the near future they seem ilke they are worth going to.*cough* omg cybercon wit the little *** turn out*cough*.

thx again for repping us guys and hopefully there will be more opportunities for all of us to do so in some way or manner.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah cybercon was so lame

and the prize pot would've been the exact same if we had just run our own tournament due to the cut they took plus the very small number of other players (intimidated, no doubt)

plus everyone was too scared to play doubles =)

pdk

Smash Lord
i'd be scared to go up against a gauntlet of marth & falco teams too ; )

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
There's no full list, but this is what I know for sure...

1. Vidjogamer
2. Big_R (Falco player whose style reminded me of Wesely)
3. Xtacy (A true Marth main)
4. 4% APR (Jiggs/ICs... I beat him in a MM, but he got me in the losers semi-finals)
5. Me
5. Evan
7. Corey
7. SciFiGuy (Fox)
9. XDoesUpB (Sheik)
10-20. I don't really know... Mostly Sheik and Marth players. There was a lack of space animals.

The other players that were there included FlipX (Sheik main) and Top Cat (Zelda main)... I dunno, maybe you've heard of them.

takieddine

Smash Master
Did Vidjo ever pull out his fox on you?

Were the matches mostly like 3-2 stocks against him?

also would have been sweet if you were top 3, but i guess all of you guys got tough brackets it seems.

pockyD

Smash Legend
thing is, east ohio is already mildly borderline for a day trip timewise; columbus, cincinnati etc. will be a bit harder to do

also the car thing =)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I was thinking of that...how about smash on thrusday, at duquesne?

sounds good to me, i have a midterm that fiday morning but i should be studied up by then.

on another note....lack of space animals? Umm I think that we should fix that sometime. Crew battling as team spacies would be hot.

pdk

Smash Lord
pff, everyone knows a dual dk team would be UNSTOPPABLE, they'd just stare down falco's lasers until time itself warps and makes them turn around

takieddine

Smash Master
DK its as easy as uthrow donkey punch...

Should we have Friday smash just somewhere else then? would that be a better idea than on thursday, because it doesnt look like everyone is freed up by then.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I myself would most likely be available Thursday, but if attendance demands Friday instead I too think we should seek another location.

And about the tournaments, I myself would be game and largely capable of attending any and all state and inter-state tournaments anybody cares to compete in, so just let me know what's going on.

pdk

Smash Lord
i have the time to be free on thursday but i currently rely on transit which may not be either way so it's possibly a no-go there (i.e. keep it friday if you could), and it'd be even nicer if there was somewhere a bit south of pitt we could go this week

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Well, pick one and tell me the date, and i'll see what i can do about driving people. Im sure that me and rob could put something together to drive some people down.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm not sure people realize how hard it is to find a place to accommodate 10-20 smashers -_-

thursday is fine, friday is fine somewhere else if someone will find a suitable place and figure out bus information

i'd open my place up but i don't think it will cut it for anywhere more than 6-7 people

edit: as for tournament traveling, i'm almost always game; i'm free on most weekends (except mar. 10/17, when i'll be in sunny france) from now through may and would love to smash around of course

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I can make it thursday. Dont know how long i'll be able to stay cause of school the next day.

Firday is no good for me cause i have to pick up my brother from the airport. So thats 1 less smasher you have to worry about.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I say we play Thursday at Duquesne... we should at least be able to get the regulars to show up.

As for traveling, I never have the car on weekdays. I have the car most weekends though.

Looking to the future, who's still going to be in town over the summer? We could definately make some longer trips then. I know Taki and Naka will be around, along with Corey, Evan, and Matt... who am I forgeting?

A-Laon

Smash Master
I say we play Thursday at Duquesne... we should at least be able to get the regulars to show up.

As for traveling, I never have the car on weekdays. I have the car most weekends though.

Looking to the future, who's still going to be in town over the summer? We could definately make some longer trips then. I know Taki and Naka will be around, along with Corey, Evan, and Matt... who am I forgeting?
I agree with Thursday at Duquesne. Besides, I go to Pittsburgh schools and get Friday off, so I can afford to stay late.

Anyway, I'll be here all summer and totally bored, so I'm game for anything and everything.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Rob, look at the PETA tournament at TGP sometime in summer i believe. I know that i'm driving to mark's and then to cape's, and he is driving us the rest of the way. But if your looking for travel, you should totaly check it out. Alot of good people will be there.

takieddine

Smash Master
Yo rob, I heard you guys are going back to 4%'s tournament during break, you wouldnt mind one extra person in would you? lol...

I'm very very game during the summer.

I'll make extra sure the place is closed on friday and report back.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Taki... yeah, we'll have room to bring Tim with us. Dead aim!!!

Naka, you think you post the links to those tournaments, thanks.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Uh me lol :p ...though I will be working a lot :\

Renth

Smash Hero
Rob, look at the PETA tournament at TGP sometime in summer i believe. I know that i'm driving to mark's and then to cape's, and he is driving us the rest of the way. But if your looking for travel, you should totaly check it out. Alot of good people will be there.
WTF is PETA..?

you mean Nepa3?

---> nevermind didn't notice you corrected yourself ^ ^ ^

takieddine

Smash Master
Lol @ south park yesterday...

TurdSandwich is funny...

Giant douche is funny...

lets give it ten seconds..........

now say it again, what was the first one?

Top Bottom