• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I know I'm a month late but I miss the Dark Hand. He taught me how to grab spacies out of illusions with 100% accuracy. I still can't do it but he could so it must be legit.

I also miss Alan and Rob and you guys should totally come hang out at Pitt sometime :(

D

Deleted member

Can I stay with anyone over this upcoming weekend? I need a place to crash in/near Pittsburgh for the 14th and 15th.

SuperJudas

Smash Cadet
Hey guys this is is Woody, I have no idea why this is my account name but I guess I had some good reason for it or something. I'm not sure if you guys know but I'm actually still at CMU until the end of this semester; I needed another year of school to finish up my minor. I'm still basically retired from Smash though, lol.

Anyway I'm posting here to let you guys know that Smash is happening with our fighting game club weekly at CMU every Thursday starting at 7:00PM from now on and going till a little after midnight. Project M and Melee are both available, we just set up whatever people want to play. This is in addition to Marvel, SF, KoF, and Blazblue mostly. Our access to CRTs is limited, so if you guys can bring one or two when you come by, it would be a big help. We have the consoles/games though.

No ID or anything required to get in, so if you guys want to play on Thursday we're open. CMU has always had a pretty strong "casual competitive" Melee scene, and this year a few key figures of the fighting game club are graduating/leaving. The club that historically hosted Smash events has changed focus, so we want to regroup all of the Smash people under the fighting game club and, being Pittsburgh Smashers, you guys are obviously welcome and would be awesome to have around.

You can find more information at the club Facebook group here.

Oh yeah, and we also run "monthly" (read: whenever we can be bothered to organize) tournaments for money. I won our inaugural Project M tournament without dropping a game and having never played it before--so you guys should come by and make sure a fraud like me doesn't win it next time!
Excited to get back into the Scene, looking forward to Thursday!

A-Laon

Smash Master
When was the last time I contributed a poem?

F*ck you
F*ck you
F*ck you
and F*ck Hugh

F*ck you two
F*ck you, too
And most of all
F*ck U2

I love the letter Q
But seriously, f*ck U
That tree fell on my house
So by god, f*ck yew

“Vacuum” is spelled weird
So why not f*ck U-two?
I died under battlefield
So finally, f*ck Mewtwo

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I talked with a few Pittsburghers in the Shuffle V chat and was wondering if there are any weeklies currently going on somewhere in the city. I'm from the South Hills, and I'd like to try and get into the scene around here. I play Sheik in Melee (Link in Project: M) and have only ever been to two events. One of them being some smashfest at PGH Carrol's house the day before APEX 2014 and then the other being APEX 2014 itself. I've got a Sheik main who's way better than me that I want to beat when I meet him in November, so any bit of experience against actual players with a CRT would help.

Also, I hope 23 isn't too old to get into this. >_>

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Taki, what time? Im off thursdays so I can go to them. Need to start playing melee more consistently.

Last edited:

AprilShaw

aka Logan
They start at 7pm but holy crap, we already have a ton of people there. Please bring TVs/setups if you can, last time we had 3 setups and like 6 people per setup, we had to do teams rotations lol

takieddine

Smash Master
Don't worry, I'll be bringing an extra setup with the TV that Matt gave me.

What's the tournament schedule this weekend anyway?

Last edited:

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
They start at 7pm but holy crap, we already have a ton of people there. Please bring TVs/setups if you can, last time we had 3 setups and like 6 people per setup, we had to do teams rotations lol
Is there any point in bringing a setup without a TV? I can probably do that.

M@v

Subarashii!
I can bring a Full melee setup. As for Brawl/PM, I only have a Wii U at the moment, so I can't bring brawl or project M unless someone has extra gamecube adapters.

M@v

Subarashii!
Any of the fun and games being streamed? Also, Helix and his disciples were victorious vs Blue and the Elite Four last night.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
I finally took games off of your random non-mains. Does that mean I'm good now too?

Also we should totally side bet with out of region people on borp's matches.

Top Bottom