• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Lol. Someone actually showed me that my freshman year.

You can short-hop blaster with Megaman.

Sadly, I can't attend Hope.

So, Philly will endure my wrath.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Carroll or Naka, can one of you text me if there is smash at Duq tomorrow?
I might be able to host here.....but parking might or might not be a little sketchy (not shady...but just difficult).

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Carroll or Naka, can one of you text me if there is smash at Duq tomorrow?
I might be able to host here.....but parking might or might not be a little sketchy (not shady...but just difficult).
Where is here? Though I might not be able to show up anyways lol. At least early enough

Edit: I phrased that awkwardly. Naka told me you're on campus at AIP. That's like walking distance from Duq right?

If so (and assuming that's where we smash anyways, might still be at Duq), I might be able to go, but it depends on how my sleep schedule works out. If anyone's down to smash (DTS?) from like midnight to 8 in the morning tomorrow, hit me up ;D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mhm
Take advantage of Duquesne parking and use AiP dorm's basement if need be? Lots of room, couches, 2 TVs already down there
TVs and Wiis would be needed, but I can provide a TV and a PS3 if anyone wants to play like...BlazBlue CT or CSII.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The Nite Spot most likely will be closed today, however the commuter lounge will likely be open.
Just
Saijan.

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
They're HD, but don't think the lag is that bad. We hosted a mini tournament with my TV, and it was working great. We play melee on it too.
Sweet!
Is it okay if we push the time up a bit? My roomie and I need some time to prep stuff to take to the basement and work on some finals for a bit. We were wondering if 5 would be an okay time.

The address is 615 first avenue. It's right downtown, not too far from Duquesne.
my phone number is 440-725-0079. Text or call if there are any problems, etc. I'm literally just sitting and writing my English paper atm

Parking at Duquesne is free right?
We are literally a walk away from Duquesne if you want to park there. You basically just walk down the hill to Forbes, then take Ross or Grant to First Avenue. If you park at Duquesne, you can drop systems off here (I'll wait by the door) and we'll take 'em to the basement place

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
So I'm not sure if I'll be coming today or next week, but I'm definitely going to HOPE. Anyone want a noob like me for teams? :D

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So, I need to buy my tickets really soon and since I won't be able to get a for sure from jeff's mom for a couple weeks, Is there any chance someone knows for a fact they can give me a place to sleep for 5-6 days???

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I will probably fly in early the 14th and fly back on the 21st

edit - this is for january by the way lol

double edit - where the hell has alan been on the boards? I know I disappeared for a while , but my excuse is that I'm lame

Vudujin

Smash Lord
You can definitely stay at my place, Marc.

Where is everybody gonna be the Friday before HOPE?
Donny wants to get some practice in with the Pittsbagh crew.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
**UPDATE**

Cars going
-Mine
-C.Matt's

People going in my car
-Taki
-Aaron
-Jacob
-Logan
-Myself (duh)

People going in C.Matt's car
-C.matt (duh)
-Carrol
-Davey
-G.Matt (on the return trip)
-Still open
^Talk to C.Matt^

**SCHEDULE**
C.Matt, the event starts friday. At least that is when melee events are. Saturday is all brawl + melee friendlies. Sunday is the top 16 or 8 for each event in melee and brawl. My plan is to go to APEX friday, then head to G.Matt's afterwards. I will be looking into if i can go up Thursday night and then APEX friday, but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

I will try and see if i can bring my parent's air mattress for another bed to sleep on.

For those of you planning on competing the deadline for registration before the next price increase is the 17th. So get on that if you want to save a few deer (bucks[money]).

I think that's everything
Naka thanks for the update. Travis (Cavedweller) and I will also be driving up. Right now we have one spot open in the car, but we may have 2 open depending on whether my other friend Jesse (PuppetMaster) comes. We'll be driving up Thursday afternoon.

Also are you guys all staying at G. Matts? We're getting a hotel/bringing air mattresses Thursday thru Saturday night. We'll prob go to bed relatively early on Thursday night.

Just throwing it out there if more people decide to come/need rides/are interested in the hotel.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Naka thanks for the update. Travis (Cavedweller) and I will also be driving up. Right now we have one spot open in the car, but we may have 2 open depending on whether my other friend Jesse (PuppetMaster) comes. We'll be driving up Thursday afternoon.

Also are you guys all staying at G. Matts? We're getting a hotel/bringing air mattresses Thursday thru Saturday night. We'll prob go to bed relatively early on Thursday night.

Just throwing it out there if more people decide to come/need rides/are interested in the hotel.
ASDOAFJSFSDLFKJA;SFJAS'FJAWPEFJAPEFJapwiefjIJFoijIOJOIJOIJOIJOIJASODFJADGA;LIJ

Edit: Actually, nvm. Misread, can't afford a hotel haha.

G.Matt I think can house everyone, btw, if that's the reason you were getting a hotel

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
ASDOAFJSFSDLFKJA;SFJAS'FJAWPEFJAPEFJapwiefjIJFoijIOJOIJOIJOIJOIJASODFJADGA;LIJ

Edit: Actually, nvm. Misread, can't afford a hotel haha.

G.Matt I think can house everyone, btw, if that's the reason you were getting a hotel
yeah i figured most people wouldn't want to pitch for a hotel. But the reasoning is more that we'd be able to nap/go to bed early/have more space.

Anyway, as far as driving. I have 2 open slots in my car.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
You can definitely stay at my place, Marc.

Where is everybody gonna be the Friday before HOPE?
Donny wants to get some practice in with the Pittsbagh crew.
Smashfest at my dorm's basement probably. Maybe.

By the way, had fun today :D Thanks for coming everyone <3

We need non HD Tvs by the way everyone. Lag is awful!

Also salty bracket gooo~

Right click and View Image to see full size

Impromptu Brawl tournament. Awww yeeeeah.

M@v

Subarashii!
More likely than not I can host a smashfest at my place the night before. It might be easier than your place loki. I only say that because of the parking situation :3

Top Bottom