• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
ill be housing at my moms house (where you guys stayed last time). and this time, because carroll moved out. his old room is empty. so that means i could house more than 8 people easily. and carroll is also housing at his apartment

A-Laon

Smash Master
"Something I feel is important is you need to learn to enjoy every moment of your development. You will always feel like you can play better and that there’s so much to learn. That never goes away. The way you relate to your playing right now is probably the same way you will feel all of your life. Embrace it. That’s you."

These were some of the most sobering words I've ever read.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I just love how it went from Scar trying to explain how people from Pittsburgh sound weird to making Rob sound a like a mentally challenged chap from either australia or england, especially because Rob's awesome and we all love him.
HAHAHAHA!! Oh god that's rich.

"Something I feel is important is you need to learn to enjoy every moment of your development. You will always feel like you can play better and that there’s so much to learn. That never goes away. The way you relate to your playing right now is probably the same way you will feel all of your life. Embrace it. That’s you."

These were some of the most sobering words I've ever read.
Who said that?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alright it is that time again. Lets talk ROAD TO APEX! And by road i mean literally the road that the cars drive on. Specifically mine, and anyone else that is driving.

Cars going (to my knowledge)
-Mine
-Carnegie Matt's

People going in my car
-Taki
-Aaron
-Jacob
-Carrol
-Myself (duh)

People going in C.Matt's car
-C.matt (duh)
-I
-have
-no
-idea

Something i would like to try to provide:
--Since Ganny Matt (from this point on referred to as G.Matt) was kind enough to invite us to stay at his house during APEX. I would also like to try and get him a ride home. He will already be at his house prior to APEX, but after the event taking him in 1 of the two cars would save his dad the 5 hour trip (one way mind you) across probably the most boring stretch of road in all of Pennsylvania.

You know the drill, lets get this going peoples!

**IMPORTANT**
G.Matt's house is about 45 mins from the venue. So that means myself and C.Matt will have about 4 extra hours of driving that weekend outside of driving to NJ in the first place. Something to keep in mind for those who can drive to maybe offer to share in driving a bit.

(this is a problem for my car since i am the 1 in every 1,000 that can drive a stick, but thats ok because i did it last year and i'll do it again. Will just be asking for a bit more gas money since we won't be paying for housing.)

**ALSO**
G.Matt's parents are incredibly awesome and nice people. So we should really take G.Matt home with us and save his parents the trip.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The world map is shaped like warp pipes.
Mind. Blown.

I will drive Matt back to Pittsburgh from Apex, so I have room for 2 people going there is we don't want to be cramped, or 3 people there if we don't actually care. I am assuming Rob will likely want to go and so will Johnny, from there I don't really know. The event starts Saturday and ends Sunday correct? I am just thinking about whether or not I need to request a day off from my real job.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
There might even be another whole car going too. Elder (Gracy the Ganon player, and brenden the doc player[was at the Pitt tourney with us] we're tallking about going. So I'll post back when I know what's up.

:phone:

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Alright it is that time again. Lets talk ROAD TO APEX! And by road i mean literally the road that the cars drive on. Specifically mine, and anyone else that is driving.

Cars going (to my knowledge)
-Mine
-Carnegie Matt's

People going in my car
-Taki
-Aaron
-Jacob
-Carrol
-Myself (duh)

-C.matt (duh)
-I
-have
-no
-idea

Something i would like to try to provide:
--Since Ganny Matt (from this point on referred to as G.Matt) was kind enough to invite us to stay at his house during APEX. I would also like to try and get him a ride home. He will already be at his house prior to APEX, but after the event taking him in 1 of the two cars would save his dad the 5 hour trip (one way mind you) across probably the most boring stretch of road in all of Pennsylvania.

You know the drill, lets get this going peoples!

**IMPORTANT**
G.Matt's house is about 45 mins from the venue. So that means myself and C.Matt will have about 4 extra hours of driving that weekend outside of driving to NJ in the first place. Something to keep in mind for those who can drive to maybe offer to share in driving a bit.

(this is a problem for my car since i am the 1 in every 1,000 that can drive a stick, but thats ok because i did it last year and i'll do it again. Will just be asking for a bit more gas money since we won't be paying for housing.)

**ALSO**
G.Matt's parents are incredibly awesome and nice people. So we should really take G.Matt home with us and save his parents the trip.
Thanks Naka for getting all that out there in pretty blue text.

Other side notes:
-I'm gonna have a couple of extra beds set up so not so many will sleep on the floor.
-Bring sleeping bags/pillows if you can. I have some, but not nearly enough for all y'all.
-We'll probably have some food and stuff for everyone to eat. Give me a heads up on what's cool. Frozen pizza for the evening and fruit/doughnuts for breakfast is the current plan. Suggestions are completely welcome!

That's all I got for now, there will be enough parking in front of my house for everyone, and (IIRC) the venue has more than enough free parking as well.

D

Deleted member

vudu + abate would be hilarious. i feel sorry for your future opponents lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
**UPDATE**

Cars going
-Mine
-C.Matt's

People going in my car
-Taki
-Aaron
-Jacob
-Logan
-Myself (duh)

-C.matt (duh)
-Carrol
-Davey
-G.Matt (on the return trip)
-Still open
^Talk to C.Matt^

**SCHEDULE**
C.Matt, the event starts friday. At least that is when melee events are. Saturday is all brawl + melee friendlies. Sunday is the top 16 or 8 for each event in melee and brawl. My plan is to go to APEX friday, then head to G.Matt's afterwards. I will be looking into if i can go up Thursday night and then APEX friday, but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

I will try and see if i can bring my parent's air mattress for another bed to sleep on.

For those of you planning on competing the deadline for registration before the next price increase is the 17th. So get on that if you want to save a few deer (bucks[money]).

I think that's everything

jbro

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'm going to Apex, but I'll ask if I can get that Friday off work today so I don't keep you guys waiting. Leave me in Matt's car for right now, but by the end of the day I'll for sure either be in or out.

M@v

Subarashii!
You know, this got me thinking. Either at hope or at apex, I'd say hope since its, well, here, we should take a group pic of the Pittsburgh smash scene.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Oh no! Gerald did say he wanted a spot didn't he. Sorry logan, but i have to give the spot to gerald. He did ask before you did. : (
It's np lol, I probably wouldn't be playing much anyways. There'll be a livestream right?

Also, it's snowing out so (I apologize in advance for anyone who clicks this link, please wait until after finals): http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I was under the impression Gerald was going to be in Philly (I may have that totally backwards and do not wish to put words in a very large man who has a penchant for holding lifelong vendetta's mouth) for Apex.

CAN I GET AN AMEN CONFIRMATION?

A-Laon

Smash Master
I've been ****** the related videos.

The music they sneak into that show has gone under-appreciated.

Holy ****, found my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMItiI4gkmc&feature=related

Also, it's snowing out so (I apologize in advance for anyone who clicks this link, please wait until after finals): http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm
I had nearly ****ing kicked the habit.

Here we go again.

Can't break my old 320k =(

Vudujin

Smash Lord
There's this new kid Donny from Butler who wants to join the crew. I think he's about Johny's age.

Johny vs. Donny

needs to happen

Top Bottom