• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I like... I'm probably not going to a tourney for a while.. Financially draining.. And I'm not good. I really don't wanna go just to lose money like always. Idk. I just wanna Compete..

Also Naka bring that project M to duq Friday. I need to play it!!!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I had sushi recently. Still not sure what all the hype is about but it is good. Just not THAT good.

This tournament isn't until end of June start of July. Lol. So I think you've got time to save up day moneies. And you go to tournaments to get better. Just gotta believe man. Believe. You did well at this last tournament. I saw the vids. What's all this hub bub about not being good eh?

And I can bring it. Seemed to be a decent hit last week.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Project M was hella fun and a nice change of pace from the usual suspects. If only you had the most update-to-date version though, the only thing it really lacks is a larger roster.

I enjoy Sushi for a few reasons. It reminds me of the time I get to spend with my mother, it comes in many different refreshing varieties (I haven't tasted a bad piece of sushi yet), it's the only thing I eat with Wasabi, and it comes with pickled ginger... and I love ginger. Thanks to this whole Sushi/Sashimi-Hype (Apparently?) the prices for it are low enough to not be absurd like most other imported or complicated-to-prepare eating arrangements.

tl;dr sushi ****ing rocks.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Alright word. I'll bring my recording stuff or the Pittsburgh combo video. It shall be amazing.

But I just feel like if I was just a little better I'd be beating these people. Like idk what it is. I guess solid tech skill isnt enough. I gotta get really fast. Idk I'm just salty about the money I lose. Lol

Vyke

Smash Champion
That's the main reason I don't go to tournaments or travel to events that much anymore unless they're pretty close, Carroll. The only reason I ever go is to root my pals to victory and hang out with a generally cool community of gamers. I realized a long time ago that I don't have the motivation or the funds to keep up. I mean, I could have the funds... but they aren't my funds. I don't want to spend cash I didn't earn unless it's to live.

But the Canada thing sounds fun and a nice change of pace.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Alright word. I'll bring my recording stuff or the Pittsburgh combo video. It shall be amazing.

But I just feel like if I was just a little better I'd be beating these people. Like idk what it is. I guess solid tech skill isnt enough. I gotta get really fast. Idk I'm just salty about the money I lose. Lol
Solid tech skill isn't enough unless your making a tech skill video. You're playing other people in a game that involves a complex series of varying thought processes. You have to be smart and consistent to win. Your attitude in this game, as well as life, is determined largely by your expectations; if you think you should be winning or placing high at every tourney you go to then you're gonna rage quite frequently. Your loss varies on so many levels that it can never entirely be on you. One of the biggest problems I've seen in this community is the inability to give credit where credit is due. If people gave credit we would have an ACCURATE tier list, john-less players with better attitudes, and a much more developed metagame. You got 9th out of 50 in a region you aren't a part of, so I'd be happy with that. As long as your making progress there's no need to get down on yourself. Set realistic goals. . . . . We all wanna be the very best.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
@John-

Too much hilarity in your last couple posts. like, they induced EXPLOSIVE bowel movements from laughter. o.O

And that place is called Little Tokyo. It is a great japanese joint with a sushi bar and booths for like, hibachi dinners. There is also another location of the same restaurant called Little Tokyo Bistro on the South side in the 20th something block.

@Carol-

Still wreckin my ***** man. Yoshi for life.

@Jacob

GRAVEDIGGER WI................ flips his truck and dies horribly.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
@ Naka: Yeah, just lemme edit the grammar error real quick. If you want me to elaborate on those 3 things about giving credit I can PM it to you.

@RoH: It's like $110 or something for a new one.

On a much less intelligent note: As of today I've officially pooped every color except purple and blue.

jbro

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to get one, I went to Canada once years and years ago on a school thing but we had to jump through a bunch of hoops. Also having one will make me feel like James Bond.

:phone:

TheLake

Smash Master
Solid tech skill isn't enough unless your making a tech skill video. You're playing other people in a game that involves a complex series of varying thought processes. You have to be smart and consistent to win. Your attitude in this game, as well as life, is determined largely by your expectations; if you think you should be winning or placing high at every tourney you go to then you're gonna rage quite frequently. Your loss varies on so many levels that it can never entirely be on you. One of the biggest problems I've seen in this community is the inability to give credit where credit is due. If people gave credit we would have an ACCURATE tier list, john-less players with better attitudes, and a much more developed metagame. You got 9th out of 50 in a region you aren't a part of, so I'd be happy with that. As long as your making progress there's no need to get down on yourself. Set realistic goals. . . . . We all wanna be the very best.
This thread wasnt ready for this...

Reach into your souls brothers

and grant your comrades some humility

well said jacob delanore raditz

:D

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
alright im about to get inception on you guys
i just got a computer and have been using google chrome. and its doing something REALLY annoying. specifically here. when ever i click in this box to type something it highlights the whole box to a color that makes it very hard to see what im typing

anyone know how to stop it from doing that? id like to see what im typeing. it also does it in other places like facebook seach bars.. ughhh

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
You'd think there'd be a simple solution.

This is the best I could find:

Chrome and Safari put a glowing blue border around text area when they are in focus. You can remove it by adding this CSS code into your form CSS code (use the Edit CSS menu):

input:focus, textarea {
outline: none !important;
}

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
alright im about to get inception on you guys
i just got a computer and have been using google chrome. and its doing something REALLY annoying. specifically here. when ever i click in this box to type something it highlights the whole box to a color that makes it very hard to see what im typing

anyone know how to stop it from doing that? id like to see what im typeing. it also does it in other places like facebook seach bars.. ughhh
I see you use that other skin... ew LOL

Maybe that's why. I use google chrome too and I don't have a problem

A-Laon

Smash Master
On the topic of tech support, I believe I just got my first virus in a year and a half. Pretty good run for me!

A couple days ago my computer randomly muted itself while I was listening to music. I went in to volume controls and discovered the Mute All to be checked, and simply clicked it off. Every reboot since, however, the Mute All option is on upon startup and cannot be clicked off without almost immediately re-checking itself. Additionally, Firefox cannot be closed and then reopened, claiming it's "already running," without restarting my comp entirely and I'm suddenly getting good 'ol debugging pop-ups and ****.

ComboFix, which seemingly worked to correct this the first time, is no longer opening.

Luckily everything still seems functional, however, so is there any recommendable software / whatever else that might take a swing at this? I obviously don't have the money to take it in, lulz.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
On the topic of tech support, I believe I just got my first virus in a year and a half. Pretty good run for me!

A couple days ago my computer randomly muted itself while I was listening to music. I went in to volume controls and discovered the Mute All to be checked, and simply clicked it off. Every reboot since, however, the Mute All option is on upon startup and cannot be clicked off without almost immediately re-checking itself. Additionally, Firefox cannot be closed and then reopened, claiming it's "already running," without restarting my comp entirely and I'm suddenly getting good 'ol debugging pop-ups and ****.

ComboFix, which seemingly worked to correct this the first time, is no longer opening.

Luckily everything still seems functional, however, so is there any recommendable software / whatever else that might take a swing at this? I obviously don't have the money to take it in, lulz.
What's going on is the virus is stopping your antivirus from being booted. Try running in safe mode (if you haven't already), and see if you can't get it running from there. Getting a different antivirus (like Malwarebytes), isn't going to help as long as the virus is capable of blocking it. If you can't get it open by running in safe mode (you should also right click the program and use "Run as administrator"), you're going to need to get some kind of process killer that will take down the virus for a window to get your antivirus running. The virus shouldn't be able to shut the program down once it's in action, it should only be able to block startup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I felt the same way. That's why I kinda retired after P5, but I loved smash and the community so I couldn't stay away. I even REGRET not making it to Apex this year. I would like to see ya at the Canada national tho.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
What taki said. I use Malwarebytes on my computer and rarely if ever have issues.
It's not going to work if he can't open the program. One of the first antivirus blocked by anything that infects your system is Malwarebytes. Also, combofix is a more powerful and more accurate tool (albeit slightly dangerous). The problem isn't the right antivirus, it's getting one to run.

Alan, another suggestion I forgot earlier:

You could install antivirus software on a cd (hopefully you have another computer available to do so), and then force your computer to boot from the cd/dvd drive. It'll skip the OS and run straight into your software, which you should be able to scan your c:/ and/or d:/ drives from there.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Alan isn't tech savvy, he just (used) to play Warcraft.

You gotta drive down there, mang.

But maybe this is his convenient excuse to get a new computer...

takieddine

Smash Master
Malwarebytes doesnt get blocked by any malware as far as i know, i use avast and that doesnt either. If your program is getting blocked from running by malware, then its maybe time for something better.

BTW if the virus actually stops your anti-virus, its gonna stop task manager. What i suggest is CTRL+ALT+DEL as your computer is STARTING to boot into windows this should bring up task manager without being blocked, kill all suspicious processes, open anti-virus and schedule a boot-time scan, as that is most effective because it will be unaffected by already running malware.

EDIT: Matt are you sure you can boot from an anti-virus CD? I've never heard of that. I know you can schedule boot-time scans from the actual software itself once in regular windows or safe mode.

Top Bottom