• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
"An amateur practices til he gets it right. An expert practices til he can't get it wrong."

I have that quote on my Facebook profile, I didn't know who it was.

Ironically, I have the quote labeled as "Unknown," so I guess it works.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
"An amateur practices til he gets it right. An expert practices til he can't get it wrong."

I have that quote on my Facebook profile, I didn't know who it was.

Ironically, I have the quote labeled as "Unknown," so I guess it works.
Oh **** I didn't mean Unknown the Fox player lmao. I was just saying Unknown as in I don't know. I guess saying it like that works better in person now that I read it again...

The actual quote, apparently, goes like this:

"An amateur practices something until he gets it right. A professional practices it until he can't do it wrong." -Stephen Hillier

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Just got on AIM Taki xD

If you wanna smash let me know on there, my phone has no service anymore (though I'm getting my other one tonight :D instead of at Christmas because 3 weeks without a phone during finals/moving out/etc would suck).

Anyways if we smash it'd just be you and me lol. Matt and Gerald are both busy.

Edit: Alan, I asked my dad if he'd be cool with WoW so we'll see. You gotta let me know about the triple experience thing and all though.

Still no promises, but we'll see if it's possible.

Edit 2: He wants to know how much it costs in total, so let me know.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Here's the gameplan:

-I email you my referral to the game. Follow the instructions and you will create your account and receive a free 10-day trial. You MUST create your account in this manner in order to receive the leveling bonus.

-Whenever you choose, you may upgrade to the full version of WoW. Although there are online upgrades and whatnot, I highly recommend buying the 'WoW Battlechest' bundle in stores -- $15-20 for both the original game and its first expansion. This will enable you to fully play up to level 70, leveling perks intact, and reward you with a free first month of gameplay.

-Upon reaching 70 (which will take a little while), you'll need to upgrade to WotLK. This will probably run you for $20+ but is the final expansion you will need to have access to all of the endgame content.

------------------------------

Short version:

40-50 bucks grand total. First month is free. Leveling benefits.

Renth

Smash Hero
Who wants to host a fest december 12th saturday night? if not i'll catch up with you guys sometime during the following week. Unless my friend has plans for us I should be able to do whatever that night.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Just got on AIM Taki xD

If you wanna smash let me know on there, my phone has no service anymore (though I'm getting my other one tonight :D instead of at Christmas because 3 weeks without a phone during finals/moving out/etc would suck).

Anyways if we smash it'd just be you and me lol. Matt and Gerald are both busy.

Edit: Alan, I asked my dad if he'd be cool with WoW so we'll see. You gotta let me know about the triple experience thing and all though.

Still no promises, but we'll see if it's possible.

Edit 2: He wants to know how much it costs in total, so let me know.
ur dad is awesome

AprilShaw

aka Logan
He's cool with it. Now to just really decide if I wanna join...

Also Tim, you'd think that, but no. I won't get into the reasons he's willing to buy this for me though xD

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
As Super Smash Bros. Melee is relevant to my interests, I'm thinking about going to the upcoming "Pound 4" tournament. What's the transportation situation looking like currently? Is there a vacancy?

By the way, this is the tall guy, John Booney. I would get a new screenname, but how could I give up the '05 reg date? Too legit.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Made my Shaman on Lightning's Blade today (Astralbloom) to try it out. I think I'll be sticking to it for a while. =)

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Picking up the game this Friday. I'll use the 10 days free thing to start with the rest of you guys, then get my full account in January.

Still no clue on classes. Death Knight seems the most interesting but you can't start as it =(

A-Laon

Smash Master
Picking up the game this Friday. I'll use the 10 days free thing to start with the rest of you guys, then get my full account in January.

Still no clue on classes. Death Knight seems the most interesting but you can't start as it =(
Referral has been sent to your email. Make sure you accept it and start the 10 day trial from there BEFORE you buy/install the game, otherwise you won't be granted the leveling bonus.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Referral won't expire right? I wanna wait til break, when everyone starts their characters together lol

Does the exp bonus only apply to the first character we make?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
As Super Smash Bros. Melee is relevant to my interests, I'm thinking about going to the upcoming "Pound 4" tournament. What's the transportation situation looking like currently? Is there a vacancy?

By the way, this is the tall guy, John Booney. I would get a new screenname, but how could I give up the '05 reg date? Too legit.
oh wow thought u moved back to NC?

good stuff booney

takieddine

Smash Master
I think we should all smash together this upcoming Friday and hold the largest Pittsburgh tourney where CMU, Pitt, Duquesne, Butler and all surrounding areas all come together and see how many of us we could fit into a local tournament. From there we can see if we have enough people to start attracting players from OOS and thusly make good players come play us instead of us going to play them. After that we start taking a cab and as it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say this cab was rare but i thought "now forget it", "yo homes to Bel Air".

But seriously lets all have a big smash gathering this Friday before everyone parts ways till next year. Tell all your friends about it, and make sure you come.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Referral won't expire right? I wanna wait til break, when everyone starts their characters together lol

Does the exp bonus only apply to the first character we make?
You have 30 days to accept the referral, and I can resend it indefinitely, so that's no issue. The experience bonus will affect any and all characters you and I make for the next two entire months.

Btw, the group leveling we're doing on the Lightning's Blade server is largely just for fun, most of us having mains on Magtheridon, so feel free to begin your character on Magtheridon whenever. Besides, you and I will gain exponentially more XP due to the leveling bonus, so trying to keep everybody around the same level will become a bit tedious anyway, lol.

Double-post inc:

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
I think we should all smash together this upcoming Friday and hold the largest Pittsburgh tourney where CMU, Pitt, Duquesne, Butler and all surrounding areas all come together and see how many of us we could fit into a local tournament. From there we can see if we have enough people to start attracting players from OOS and thusly make good players come play us instead of us going to play them. After that we start taking a cab and as it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say this cab was rare but i thought "now forget it", "yo homes to Bel Air".

But seriously lets all have a big smash gathering this Friday before everyone parts ways till next year. Tell all your friends about it, and make sure you come.
No matter where the smash is, Louie the Claw and the Erie crew are coming this weekend.

A-Laon

Smash Master
After much blood, sweat, and tears--a long night of fervent debate and discussion--my inner circle have combined their wits and brought forth the first draft of our Breakfast Cereal tier list.

There are many cereals not yet included here as we await further discussion as to where precisely they should fall. So, forgiving any temporary omissions, please comment, rage, and enjoy! Your voice shall be heard!

Wicked Sick
Berry Berry Kix

Godlike
Capn’ Crunch
Multi-Grain Cheerios
Frosted Flakes
Raisin Bran Crunch
Count Chocula

High
Frosted Mini Wheats
Honeynut Cheerios
Apple Jacks
Corn Pops
Cheerios

Middle
Fruit Loops
Coco Puffs
Corn Flakes
Wheaties
Chex
Rice Krispies

Low
Golden Grahams
Cookie Crisp
Life

Bottom
Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles
Cinnamon Toast Crunch

EDIT: Why must somebody ALWAYS **** UP my double posts!?!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord

Will there be more than 2 setups?

Godlike
Raison Bran Crunch

High
Frosted Mini Wheats
Honeynut Cheerios
Apple Jacks
Corn Pops
Cheerios

Bottom
Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Um, anything with raisins cannot be God tier. This is fact.

High Tier is legit. Got to get Honey Bunches of Oats in there.

Can't say I agree with Lucky Charms being bottom. I wouldn't have them every day, but they're good.

A friend of mine says Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best... he is wrong.

TheLake

Smash Master
without a doubt the WORST tier list of all time. What the hell is any of that based on?

Taki thats actually a veryy cool idea

WE just gotta find a place...and more importantly

ladies....

hmm

takieddine

Smash Master
Couple of things:

1. Can anyone check if the Nitespot is open this Friday?

2. Who all can bring any extra TVs or setups.

3. Can CMU smashers make sure to spread the word, there were 24 people entered in that OGS tournament, I want to match that number as closely as possible.

4. I need everyone who has a Wii and component cables to bring them, no exceptions.

5. I can bring a cube if someone can bring an extra TV.

6. $1 entry fee? This is to give people incentive to actually come.

If everyone steps it up and actually shows up, I can download TIO and actually organize the tournament. We can also figure out some sort of recording setup if you guys want.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Taki, I like the initiative you're taking for this, so I'll try and get some erie people down there to shoot up the numbers. I'll have a full setup. Zig-Zag might come with me so we'll have a veteran in our numbers.

Alan, I severely disagree with your cereal tier list, there's a lot of malarky going on there.
First of all, Boo Berry wasn't even on there. that stuff is incredible. Fruity Pebbles isn't bottom, it's mid because it's a cereal staple. Every pantry needs it.

takieddine

Smash Master
Couple of things:

1. Can anyone check if the Nitespot is open this Friday?

2. Who all can bring any extra TVs or setups.

3. Can CMU smashers make sure to spread the word, there were 24 people entered in that OGS tournament, I want to match that number as closely as possible.

4. I need everyone who has a Wii and component cables to bring them, no exceptions.

5. I can bring a cube if someone can bring an extra TV.

6. $1 entry fee? This is to give people incentive to actually come.

If everyone steps it up and actually shows up, I can download TIO and actually organize the tournament. We can also figure out some sort of recording setup if you guys want.
Quoting myself so people dont miss anything.

I'm gonna make a tentative attendance list, this is disregarding people's schedules and whatnot. Instruct me to move you to another list if needed be.

To be there(those who I expect to show up):

1-Myself
2-D20
3-Vudujin
4-The Lake
5-Naka
6-CABC
7-Dashuffla
8-Skyshroud
9-Matt (.zeb)
10-Louie the claw
11-Anonable
12-Alan
13-Cobalt
14-Rose
15-Keer!
16-TSK
17-Evan
18-John Booney
19-The Marth from Duquesne I forgot his name...

Possible attendance:
20-Zig-Zag?
-CMU people(step it up (kinda sad since its a 5 minute bus ride)):
21- **** chang
22- Kevin Yeh
23- Eugene Kang
24- That jiggs player who got second at OGS
25- Shil
26- Alex
+ anyone I missed (thats 6 out of 24 OGS attendees)

Just from this rough list we can have a VERY decent turnout.

Setups:
1_Nitespot(- melee+mem card)
1_Myself (Need 1 TV)
1_Naka
1_Vudujin or Lake (idk if either of you have a Wii with cables)
1_Matt
1_CABC+skyshroud

Seems we're good on setups IF everyone brings their own.

TVS:
3-4_Nitespot
1_Rose?
1_Matt (.zeb LOL) ?

We lack TVs so if Rose and Matt showed up with TVs that would be pretty grand.

A-Laon

Smash Master
without a doubt the WORST tier list of all time. What the hell is any of that based on?
First of all, Boo Berry wasn't even on there. that stuff is incredible. Fruity Pebbles isn't bottom, it's mid because it's a cereal staple. Every pantry needs it.
Trust me, If I had been the only one working on this, it would have been very different, hence why I need all of your opinions to help sway the balance in my favor!

Fruity Pebbles are horrid though. Our horns shall remain locked at that juncture.

D20

Smash Lord
I will not be at Duquesne this Friday due to finals/paper johns. In honesty, this is a terrible time to try to host a tournament. I suggest waiting until the new year and putting a bit more thought behind it.

Exetus

Smash Cadet
I'll probably get there between 4:30-5:00. I have a chem final until then that I probably shouldn't skip. I also have a Wii + component cable (with SSBM/memory card and whatnot), though honestly I have no clue where the component cables are right now.

I'll try drag some CMU people over. Most of us are super lazy though.

Also, honey nut cheerios for god tier. I can live off those.

D20

Smash Lord
ah whatever why do i even try...

I dont even know if the nitespot is open this week, so just show up or w/e...I'll try to be there at around 5
Taki, you really can't even use the NiteSpot to host a tournament. That place is meant for Duquesne University students and a few guests to come and hang out. It isn't intended for 25+ people from outside of the University to take all four TVs and gamble money. Also, I am currently the ONLY official Duquesne student that plays smash. Without me, you cannot even think to host an event there.

Top Bottom