• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol i kinda wanna cop out and to go the crew battles too; we have a title to defend

and also c3 is the next weekend
u know if Kwalk doesnt show lol u should add me to the win free 1st place train. Either that or i'll grab up whoever and make ur usual stroll to first place a nightmare down memory lane

i;ll be there friday until whever the ogs thingy starts(they're usually on a friday right?)

xyt

Smash Lord
Here is the E-mail I got for the OGS crews tournament happening this saturday
if you don't feel like looking it over, it's basically a lame excuse for a tournament.
if you feel like showing up anyway, feel free.
excuse me for the spamming.

2nd Annual OGS Super Smash Brothers Melee Crew Tournmament

The Rules:
1. 4 Man teams, 4 stock per person, 1 vs 1
2. Stock is carried on after each battle
3. First round, random stage and pre-selected character (tell procter)
4. After first round, losing team picks stage and counterpicks character
5. Losing team is whichever loses all 16 stock first

Setup:
-Swiss Tournament Setup
-$1 buy in per person
-cash prizes will be distributed among top 5 teams
-Stages on default random: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battleground, Final Desination
-Stages able to be counter-picked: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Mute City, Pokemon Floats, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle (n64 ver)

When:
-This Saturday 10/13/07 at West Wing TV Lounge from 2:00 pm up to 8:00 pm
-Doors open at 2:00 pm and the matches will commence at 2:30 pm If you dont have a team, we can help set you up with a team. Send an email response to mshigemo@andrew.cmu.edu if you have a team ready, or if you don't have a team just yet.
Sincerely,
Michael Shigemoto
OGS Smash Tournament Coordinator
OGS Treasurer

A-Laon

Smash Master
This is the first time I've ignored an entire page of this thread and have had no desire to go back to it.

Start spamming bull****, people. This thread is becoming sterile.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
IMO we should @ least goto ohio. Whens the last time we've had 2 legit community run tourneys within decent driving distance,(given phillys a bit of a drive but scar says free food and housing(^__^). I honestly am estatic that ppl are finally holding biweeklies etc around us and even that renth is thinking about holding smashfest etc. The idea of winning a free 5 bucks to stay in pitts sounds a bit lame to be honest, i mean if theres nothing better than yeah, but we have 2 GOOD(lol get it?!?!?) options that weren't avalible b4. I understand if its a money or grades issue etc...

once again i understand if there are other conflicting issues, but the words "cop out" sound like laziness and i'd make the sad face if we didnt travel this weekend on account of laziness

i also understand that we'll be going to c3 next week, but i see this weekend as a rly rly good warmup before c3 probly the most well known regularly held tourney on the EC. i dont know bout y'all but i wanna be in top form for that.

btw look @ my sig, shes an IC player

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ok will someone PLZ vote for pokefloats in cata 4 thread. anything but brinstar or corneria.

FYI: i cant play today, i got papers to write etc. I can play tomm tho.

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's stupid

not even kidding; people should vote for what they want to play on, and they shouldn't vote if they have no intention of going

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Well if u think this is "gay" tactics put it this way, i could've made NaotaKun, and WarBandit(my other 2 accounts) vote and be rly messed it up, but I didn't because thats the lamest of the lame.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Everything is able to be interpreted as fundamentally stupid to varying degrees, and it is only the assessment of the individual which creates the border of acceptably stupid and unacceptably so. In essence, everybody's right (and stupid).

Sonic sucks. Say otherwise and be smited.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Everything is able to be interpreted as fundamentally stupid to varying degrees, and it is only the assessment of the individual which creates the border of acceptably stupid and unacceptably so. In essence, everybody's right (and stupid).
No, you're stupid!

Sonic sucks. Say otherwise and be smited.
This however, is not stupid.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, it looks like im taking a bus from Pitt to Duquesne, but can I get ur cell #, Swift? This way, if I get lost, I have someone who knows where to go.

Also, Switch and Scooter are coming friday.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Hey Alan, can you tell me where I can get the codes to hackzorz my Pokemon, because me and my friend bought an AR. Thanks buddy, Imma come **** your team when I get done hacking mine, fo sho.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Use PokeSav. It's got some minor buggs, like when you put in your trainer name, but that's all that I have found to be wrong with it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Use PokeSav. It's got some minor buggs, like when you put in your trainer name, but that's all that I have found to be wrong with it.

omg pokesav gave me so much trouble but perhaps i was editing too many thingies. All i would like to do is pokesav the badges and the events that say "i beat the game"....cuz trying to play through it all again.....

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I have never tried PokeSav for events. Maybe theres a problem with that. Also, what is your second .gif from? It looks like it could be from FLCL, but I dont remember that scene.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
its from a non mainstream anime known as B.E.C.K its a bout a japanese band moving to america or something like that. i ve never seen it b4 but its on my "to watch" list. if it were FLCL u'd know because i'd spam it and tell everyone because.................

1) Evangelion
2) FLCL
3) Kare Kano

Fooly Cooly ranks very high on my list. (ive watched alot of anime so its not me just hoping some bangwagon.) lol i wanted to make some kinda long post so i did so, plus i wanted to share my undying love of these 3 series. I like them now as much as I liked them when i first saw them. to me thats what makes anime. yeah

Top Bottom