• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official P:M BC Thread!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I want to bring up a new stage system that I've found to be worthy to try out at the next PM tournament.

[COLLAPSE="Set Procedure"]Set procedure:
Players decide port priority. For teams the players must be allocated to the players on one team being in the 1P and 4P slots, while the other team is allocated to 2P and 4P. If port priority can not be agreed upon, players may elect to a coin toss, rock paper scissors, or other such method to settle the issue.

Players select characters; any player may elect to have characters selected double blind

Players decide which player/team will strike first and which will ban. The player/team that bans first will hence forth be referred to as "Player A" and the player/team that strikes first will be referred too as "Player B." If players can not be decided upon, players may elect to a coin toss, rock paper scissors, or other such method to settle the issue.

Player A Bans his or her first stage
Player B Bans his or her first stage
Player A Bans his or her second stage
Player B Bans his or her second stage
Player B Bans his or her final stage
Player A Bans his or her final stage

The stage list is now narrowed to 7 stages

Player B strikes his or her first stage
Player A strikes his or her first stage
Player B strikes his or her second stage
Player A strikes his or her second stage
Player A strikes his or her final stage
Player B strikes his or her final stage

The remaining stage is then played on for the first match

Counter Picking
This is also something I'm trying to do in a little different order to accommodate the more powerful character counterpicks this stage method is subject to.

Winner of Match 1 selects character
Loser of Match 1 selects character
Winner of Match 1 strikes a stage just for this particular match
Loser of Match 1 selects from the remaining 6 stages his or her counterpick stage.

Gentleman's Clause
Any rule can be altered if both players agree to it and it is deemed to not be a change that can cause the tournament to run longer at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.[/COLLAPSE]TL;DR:
=-Both players BAN 3 stages each at the start of a set from the list of 13, reducing the stage-list to 7 stages.

=-Then, each player strikes from the list of the remaining 7 to determine where Game 1 of the set will be played.

=-After Game 1, the winner will strike one stage from the remaining 7 and the loser will choose from the remaining 6 to determine where game 2 will be played.

=-Same thing happens vice-versa if the loser of Game 1 wins Game 2

[COLLAPSE="Stagelist"]Singles List- 13 Stages

Big
Rumble Falls
Dream Land 64
Dracula's Castle
Skyloft

Medium

Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
SmashVille
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1

Small

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
[/COLLAPSE]

What do people think of this over all? Would you rather use this system (at least try it out) or just stick with what we have already?

| Big D |

Smash Master
I know in brawl on counter pick you pick the stage first because some characters do really bad on certain stages so it still gives an advantage but not a huge one.

However this is PM and with the 4 stage bans I don't think that's an issue.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yakal and Nathan and I are going to try and convert a BCIT Brawl tournament to P:M.

6 pm, come if you want.
What!? When is this!? Today? And where? >_>

Time to convert BCIT into Peach players! :peach:<3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol, me beat anybody in Melee?

Deap can't beat me in Brawl, lol. He knows it, and I know it. Last time we played, he couldn't even come close to winning.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Just wanted to let people know that the next Melee/ProjectM tournament will be held on Oct.27!

I implore you all to come and support your BC smash community :) Confirm yourselves in the tournament thread found here! We're going to need a ton of set-ups for this one, (as WA is already confirmed to come) so any help in bringing any and all equipment is really appreciated!

Thanks guys! :)

The whole thing will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/dazee_ so if you're unable to come, keep up with all the action right here! Thanks again guys!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Time to lurk in this **** to spy on candians and steal their techniques and ****

Nah no lurking just posting.

hiiii. <3

inb4dazetrollsme

Top Bottom