• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I'd say we'll get Geno or Captain Falcon, Zelda/Sheik moveset, the rest of the veteran's special moves and Pikmin's and Sonic's stage for next week.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Lawl, I'm actually playing through Pikmin 1 and 2 again because of this last week.

Still fun as ever. Absolutely cannot wait to play as Olimar in Brawl.

smashfan1337

Smash Cadet
i predict for the week
1 item(possibly old game ones)
2 characters(1 third party)
zeldas move set
music from both new characters

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I'm holding you guys to that. ;) xD

I'm still expecting an item.

Anyways, when is the Japanese release again? :0
January 24th.

I'm expecting at least one 3rd party to boost the hype right before release. Makes sense if he did that to market it at the last moment, very well.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
January 24th.

I'm expecting at least one 3rd party to boost the hype right before release. Makes sense if he did that to market it at the last moment, very well.
Thanks. :)

And yeah it does, but like I just posted at a different thread, they might already be confident about the sales of Brawl and will still keep another 3rd party character secret. Who knows?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Thanks. :)

And yeah it does, but like I just posted at a different thread, they might already be confident about the sales of Brawl and will still keep another 3rd party character secret. Who knows?
It's a possibility that he keeps that secret.

He releases 3rd party characters for a reason whenever they come (i.e. Snake at E3, Sonic for the E4All demo).

This could very well be a big reason to reveal one, and Japan also having a demo playable to the public starting 5 days before release.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
It's a possibility that he keeps that secret.

He releases 3rd party characters for a reason whenever they come (i.e. Snake at E3, Sonic for the E4All demo).

This could very well be a big reason to reveal one, and Japan also he having a demo playable to the public starting 5 days before release.
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't think Sakurai would really hide the last 3rd Party guest, if there even is one (and I pray to <X deity> there is, and I pray to <X deity> it's Megaman.) It doesn't make sense on a financial standpoint for either side of the agreement.

It wouldn't make sense for *cough*CAPCOM*cough* to have consented for their representative and not get any pre-game face time. And it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to not give *cough*CAPCOM's*cough* representative any facetime, therefore delaying anticipation of *cough*MEGAMAN*cough* fans to buy Brawl.

yggdrasil325

Smash Rookie
I think this week he'll reveal returning hidden characters from Melee (Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mewtwo...). The non-clones have to be in Brawl; otherwise a grave injustice has been commited. Speaking of Luigi, if he's in Brawl, does anyone else think he'll have a Mr. L (Super Paper Mario) alternate costume?

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
I don't think Sakurai would really hide the last 3rd Party guest, if there even is one (and I pray to <X deity> there is, and I pray to <X deity> it's Megaman.) It doesn't make sense on a financial standpoint for either side of the agreement.

It wouldn't make sense for *cough*CAPCOM*cough* to have consented for their representative and not get any pre-game face time. And it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to not give *cough*CAPCOM's*cough* representative any facetime, therefore delaying anticipation of *cough*MEGAMAN*cough* fans to buy Brawl.
He never said that there was another third party guest. Sakurai only said it was possible. I'd like to see some SSE footage more.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Megaman isn't in Inafune even said he wasn't.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.maybe there are one or two third-party characters left, but I think it'd be best if he announced at least what series there from before launch.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
He never said that there was another third party guest. Sakurai only said it was possible. I'd like to see some SSE footage more.
Well yea, that's what I meant.

Like IF there is another 3rd Party guest. Which there really should be... and it should be Megaman.

But honestly, I don't see why we couldn't have four. Put in Megaman and maybe Crono? That would be awesome.

(Geno is 2nd Party. He's in.)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well yea, that's what I meant.

Like IF there is another 3rd Party guest. Which there really should be... and it should be Megaman.

But honestly, I don't see why we couldn't have four. Put in Megaman and maybe Crono? That would be awesome.

(Geno is 2nd Party. He's in.)
Amen, also crossing my fingers on Crono making an appearance.

As far as Megaman goes

Takeshi Horinouchi is the actual producer of the Megaman series right now, he is the man you WANT to go to for Megaman happenings, in last months issue of Nintendo Power. He said something very interesting, here is what it was:

NP: What's the next Megaman game on the horizon? More Star Force, ZX, or something else?

TH: This interview is coming out in January, right? [Close enough] Based on the timetable for the North American audience, I would assume the next game you get will be for the Star Force series. However, I'm sure you'd be happy if we got another game out to you before that.

What is interesting about this is that Star Force 2 does not have a release date, but has been heavily rumored to be released in March or April. Now he alludes that it is

possible for Megaman to appear in a game before that, however there is no game before that that he could possibly be in. Except one... Brawl!
Don't give up on the blue bomber yet guys; he still has a shot.

Top Bottom