• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hilarious how some of you guys complain about getting updates like "You must recover!" or even the character updates, calling them lame, or even piece of... whatever update, or that someone or something else should have been. Alright, so it wasn't what you expected, big deal. The world doesn't revolve around you, whether that's what you wanted to come off as or not, it's what you try to say. Sakurai is not focusing on the people who have already played the franchise sometime before. He's trying to give new players an outlet to learn the basics, and give old players a chance to see what new features they've added to the mix. It's merely an outlet for information, and he usually wants you to like it, but if you don't like it don't completely bash it. Yes I realize not everyone acts like this, and I am likely to get flamed, but this is my opinion. And if you ARE going to insult it, at least come up with more creative insults than expletives or lame. "Lame" is a really lame insult (see what I did there!) Geez, some people have no creativity... myself included

Don't get me wrong, I'm also one of the people who sighs at updates they don't like or expect, but you don't see me bashing. I realize I'm new to these boards and probably have no right to preach or flame, but it bothered me, and I let it out

On to prediction:
Character updates for the next few weeks. It seems most likely getting so close to the JPN release. But not everyday. That or music and maybe stages
or an Item or two
and we'll finally figure out what the stopwatch with the partyball is. Maybe

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
i beg to differ what better way to raise hype then to conferm some of her attacks and not her vB?
This is very true, but what are the odds that Sakurai wants to keep that a secret until the game is released? He has plenty of other things that he can generate hype with, I just realistically don't see Shiek being one of them. Like I said, I feel he's saving her for the game. I mean come on, he's held Zelda's moves off for so long, so what are the odds that her vB isn't Shiek?

alexbarker116

Smash Cadet
This is very true, but what are the odds that Sakurai wants to keep that a secret until the game is released? He has plenty of other things that he can generate hype with, I just realistically don't see Shiek being one of them. Like I said, I feel he's saving her for the game. I mean come on, he's held Zelda's moves off for so long, so what are the odds that her vB isn't Shiek?
i disagree he left it off so we would argue about it to raise the interrest in the game that is why he kept putting sonic off and only released him to calm us down for when he delayed it...

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hilarious how some of you guys complain about getting updates like "You must recover!" or even the character updates, calling them lame, or even piece of... whatever update, or that someone or something else should have been. Alright, so it wasn't what you expected, big deal. The world doesn't revolve around you, whether that's what you wanted to come off as or not, it's what you try to say. Sakurai is not focusing on the people who have already played the franchise sometime before. He's trying to give new players an outlet to learn the basics, and give old players a chance to see what new features they've added to the mix. It's merely an outlet for information, and he usually wants you to like it, but if you don't like it don't completely bash it. Yes I realize not everyone acts like this, and I am likely to get flamed, but this is my opinion. And if you ARE going to insult it, at least come up with more creative insults than expletives or lame. "Lame" is a really lame insult (see what I did there!) Geez, some people have no creativity... myself included

Don't get me wrong, I'm also one of the people who sighs at updates they don't like or expect, but you don't see me bashing. I realize I'm new to these boards and probably have no right to preach or flame, but it bothered me, and I let it out

On to prediction:
Character updates for the next few weeks. It seems most likely getting so close to the JPN release. But not everyday. That or music and maybe stages
or an Item or two
and we'll finally figure out what the stopwatch with the partyball is. Maybe
Where did this come from? 80 pages back? Or are you from the future? Do you already know what the update is going to be?? =O

Are you a prophet?

:laugh:

Yeah............... you don't know NOTHIN yet. 0-o; I've seen "stuff" go down..... I wish I never saw it.

I'm still standing by my Zelda prediction though. :)

But I do understand that most people need more respect for the DOJO, but really, come on? Widescreen Support?

Falco for BRAWL

Smash Cadet
i predict........a game mode. since theres so many....

i predict stage, and we get a game mode
i predict assist trophy, and we get game mode.

but then watch, and we get a stage or assist trophy tonight.
im going to be laughing my *** of if that happens.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
i disagree he left it off so we would argue about it to raise the interrest in the game that is why he kept putting sonic off and only released him to calm us down for when he delayed it...
For one, its not arguing, its discussing. If he wanted an to start arguments about his game what would be the point. The way Sonic was delt with has nothing to do with Zelda's lack of updates, and saying that he was shown to quell a potential meltdown when the game was delayed is silly. However, I cannot say that your opinion is wrong. But you have to look at a few things. First and foremost, Sakurai loves mindgames. So why would he show us Shiek? He's shown us enough in Screenshots and the blatant non-updates that she is in, because you can see a few of Zelda's attacks that were carried over from Melee. I know that doesn't mean anything huge, but seriously, just think about it. Another thing, they are using the Character models from TP and not OOT, so if he weren't using Shiek as her vB anymore why hide it? I can also say that yes, he's doing it to build up anticipation for the game, so I can somewhat see your stance of only showing the ^<>B and not v, I just don't find it likely. Anywho, who wants to see Olimar's moves tonight lol

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Anyone notice how in the character section, Olimar STILL isn't up there?

AND, if he is eventually added, he'll be making a 3-by-4 box, like the Veterans area does?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just needed to empty my cache. Feel like a n00b.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Where did this come from? 80 pages back? Or are you from the future? Do you already know what the update is going to be?? =O

Are you a prophet?
I've read from page 1130-1189 and there was a LOT of complaining, so yes, it was way back

Oh, but I can predict everything.
I predict character updates, or items, stages, how to play, game modes, notices,
or music.
There. I'm sure my prediction will come true.

Forget it

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
What the crap kind of FS is this?

Anyway, we all totally missed it. I thought for sure it would be Olimar specials...

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Haha! Sakurai would never give Olimar's Special Moves like everyone else! That would be way to easy and obvious!

Crazy man...

Top Bottom