• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Character update...
I don't know what to expect... ;) :lick:

Oh, also, how would the AC Villager attack? It may sound dumb but s/he has a butterfly net, fishing rod, SHOVEL, and AXE. 0_o;

And fireworks, too. =D That'd be kool...

The Bowser Specials + Mario Music sounds very, very reasonal. But, I'm going to again steal the words from someone else, and say I don't know who to expect.

But I firmly believe we MAY get Falcon Friday, unless that guy is right and they're paying tribute to the first Smash Bros. and making the original 4 secret characters secret again.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
hey i might be a little late on last night's update dispute but what is the basic belief with the blue and yellow......uh things

and it would be funny if you had to defete 300 of them in 15 minute brawl to unlock sonic (this was a crazy rumer for melee for its multy-man melee)

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
hmm these are my opinions on some of them:

red- captain falcon (yeah, sort of obvious)
blue- mainly zelda or peach (because the word "calm" was used)
green- kirby (nobody saw that!)
yellow-- baby bowser could be it (very slight though, but the explanation on the horns kinda points against ness) but otherwise i think it is ness or lucas

tonight i call item again (i always get them wrog so if i call crappy item it wont be!)

ReturnToSender

Smash Rookie
Monday, January 14th, a character will be announced on the dojo site.
I'm feeling the return of Captain Douglas Jay Falcon, but who knows? It could be a completely new character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
guess or do you know?

If you compare that pose to his idle-standing pose of Melee, that wire-frame is practically BUILT like Captain Falcon. Just speculation of course.

Aside from that, Captain Falcon is a fan favorite, and I highly doubt Sakurai would let him go.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
why wouldn't he let him go? Snake burst through the door and beat him up?
Red Alloy is very debateable (consult threads), It'll be a Character/How to Play update, or one of them seperatly

Lirok

Smash Journeyman

If you compare that pose to his idle-standing pose of Melee, that wire-frame is practically BUILT like Captain Falcon. Just speculation of course.

Aside from that, Captain Falcon is a fan favorite, and I highly doubt Sakurai would let him go.
i wasnt talking about the fact of capton falcon getting in, its just the fact that the guy said the date he would be revealed

but yes, they are build the same and sakurai would probably like falcon go

Del Money

Smash Champion
Prediction: How To Play - Adjusting CPU Player Difficulty Level

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Is there actually confusion about the Alloy Team members? Red is C Falcon of course. Yellow is Mario, you can tell by the way he falls in the one picture.
Green Alloy! It may look like Kirby, but it’s not him!
Green gets iffy. They do state that it is NOT Kirby, and it does look suspiciously like Tamagon from Devil World, but it's probably just Kirby or Jiggy.
Blue is where it gets unclear in my opinion. It is probably Zelda like the Female Wireframe was, but it looks a lot to me like Zamus, especially the ponytail. Her movements also make me think Zamus... but Zelda seems equally as likely.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Captain Falcon by Friday or bust.
B-bust?!

*insert arbitrary and explicit picture / yaoi of Captain Falcon*

Juuuuuuuust kidding. ;) Really, though, while it might not be the good captain, I would DEFINITELY expect a character update this week, if not tomorrow.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Can you cite anything to back that claim?
He could cite me(few pages back) or if he finds a link to the interview/blog/post/thing where Sakurai said it, and he was explicitly asked what his favorite smash character was.
Also I'm sure the link is around here on smashboards(that's where I saw it at least).

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Fourth attempt to post this...

"There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time."

I think this update is next.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon by Friday or bust Knee.
Fixed. I Bet CF got injured in the last one...Like He tried to Knee Mario and Mario Caped him into a wall made of Kachin or Adamantium or somthin...

So he is gettin out of the hospital and THATS why he is late!

Next Update: Pushing the Date up 4 Japan and Back 4 americans

ReturnToSender

Smash Rookie
I KNOW there's a character update next Monday, I just don't know which character.
My guess is Captain Falcon because Sakurai sucks at giving updates.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
We've known for...well, nearly six months now that he's in because of the icon with the first Assist Trophy update. Then everyone coming back including the Ice Climbers, he's the only one left. And now, his shiny red clone version. At this point they're practically putting him in the background with a black bar over his eyes.

Staz

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon wont be updated on the Dojo, and neither will be Luigi, Jiggs or Ness (if he is in at all) Cause to keep the old style and tratition from 64-Melee Sakurai will not post the original 4 unlockables on the Dojo.

Sad news.
how do u know all this?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We've known for...well, nearly six months now that he's in because of the icon with the first Assist Trophy update. Then everyone coming back including the Ice Climbers, he's the only one left. And now, his shiny red clone version. At this point they're practically putting him in the background with a black bar over his eyes.
I think he meant how do you know it will be Monday :p

@ Staz: Because they will be hidden :p

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Ehh....Ness and Falcon were both playable from the start, nothing hidden or fancy about them at all. Luigi and Jiggly were in there, but were so easy to unlock you could literally get them both in ten minutes of each other through Adventure Mode. Lucas is Ness after a bleach job, so I don't see why Falcon won't be back in the starting roster again.

Top Bottom