• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
I predict the update will have the letter A in it.

Seriously, though, item update, probably an AT (Tails?), and possibly with a music update (Delfino Plaza?).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Oh, and technically...

The Final Smashes have been revealed for every character, and all of the Newcomers have had move set updates as well. Therefore, if there is a new character update, that means it either has something to do with Zelda, an entirely new character, or something else that will completely blow us out of the water...

Forecast calls for red later in the week. :)
Technically, you're wrong.
We can still get red updates for just about any character.

We can get:
1) Pit, Wario, Zamus, Ike, PT, Diddy, Snake, Sonic, Dedede, Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Peach, or IC's special moves.
2) Zamus, Snake, or Zelda's FS

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I predict absolute garbage until sometime around (before or after) the Japanese release..

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing an item/assist trophy/pokeball or music. But any update is good for me :).

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I think this is the week for "stuff from Melee and 64". We got Melee Stages 2. I think we can see 64 stages, past items: part 2, previous game modes: Race to the finish and board the platforms, and music of melee.
Finally, the week will culminate in "Veteran's day"- an all-out barrage of old characters.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Technically, you're wrong.
We can still get red updates for just about any character.

We can get:
1) Pit, Wario, Zamus, Ike, PT, Diddy, Snake, Sonic, Dedede, Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Peach, or IC's special moves.
2) Zamus, Snake, or Zelda's FS
I completely forgot about the fact that Snake and Zero Suit still don't have their Final Smashes yet. :laugh:

But in all honesty, I can't see why they would even think of putting in more move set updates. Playables like Samus, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, etc. have the same exact move set as they did in Melee, and to waste an update on that would be outrageous. Sakurai may point his updates toward new players sometimes, but not to the fact that he has to rehash absolutely every. Besides, I think it might be too late to put in updates like that.

I could be wrong, though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
MetaKnight's move set a third time.

I'm hoping for something NEW *hint-hint Sakurai*, but seriously, I wouldn't doubt it at this rate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I predict music and Zelda or Snake's final smash.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Zelda. Anything Zelda.

But to be realistic: I'm guessing more Options stuff we really don't need to know before getting the game.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Im feeling something big tonight, I dont know why. A character maybe olimar or a big game mode update.

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
I keep wanting to think character, but it's been how long since we had one? oh well, we'll have a bunch of character updates in 16 days.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Yeah right, Geno will never get in.
And when Geno is officially deconfirmed im gonna post
"lol, I told you all so" in the Geno topic

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
"Pausing"

I bet Sakurai would do that, considering the amount of controllers usable and the fact that you can take pictures while the game is paused. Maybe you can do other stuff too?

I truly hope this isn't going to happen.

Top Bottom