• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I admit I laughed at this double deconfirmation. Waluigi really is a crappy character. "Uh he kicks you and stuff".

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, two ATs for the price of one. Guess there goes Waluigi's and Stafy's chance, although it looks like we'll have some very interesting ATs to deal with. :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aww, Stafy!!! :(

...At least we finally know the official U.S. spelling of his name. Rest in peace, my cute little star!

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Sakurai's all in our face right now, son. I mean, if it'd just been Waluigi I would've though it was just a regular update. But both of them. Decomfirmed.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
How can you not love a double AT update? Some of this week's updates actually weren't half bad...

It's a shame Stafy wasn't brought in as a newcomer. I know he's really big in Japan, and they could have "pulled a Roy" and made a lovely passport for him. Waluigi, I couldn't see him playable until a possible fourth game anyway. He's just so darned shallow, he needs to appear as more than just a doubles partner for Wario before they make him playable.

As I said, some of the updates weren't half bad this week... Ice Climber music, Mario Circuit and these two ATs are all pretty decent. The only thing that's saddening is that they finally broke the one-red-update-a-week pattern.

But, dare I think it, that with the slightly higher note to this week, and with CoroCoro around the corner, that the draught could finally be coming to an end?

Edit: I love submitting a rather long post and having it nearly lost to a server crash!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why do a lot of people want Ridely? I'm not opposing it but I'm just wondering why a lot him as a playable character.
Ridley...well..
He's the 2nd most re-occurimg character in Metroid, killed Samus's parents, just won't die,
well I could go on forever, but basically he's a bad*** Space Dragon who leads the Pirates!:)

Sakurai said:
But...he’s weak?
He’s rare for an Assist Trophy, as he can be attacked.

Sometimes you may wonder "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" – but that’s part of his charm.
Sakurai said:
The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but...
...Waluigi appears nonetheless!
Wow...way to let their believers down gently:laugh:
My condolences go to the Stafy and Waluigi fans:(

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Well, at least Stafy and Waluigi are in the game. Yes, unfortunate that they not playable.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Thank God that terrible star is not a PC.

Thank God Waluigi actually made his way into the game somehow. I didn't think he'd be in at all, so this was a relief. He's so **** beautiful.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
If you ask me, this was a pretty good update... Waluigi and Stafy both deserved to be in Brawl. It's a shame they both didn't seem to have what it takes really, since I would of been pretty happy if they were both playable.

Oh well, Waluigi looks awesome anyway. His attack looks INTENSE, which is just how I like my Waluigi.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I can take nothing but joy for Waluigi being unplayable, and sticking a tennis racket in his hand, showing the world that he's just sports filler. However, its the only joy I can take from the "one red a week" finally being busted. So I must take evil, hateful joy.

Megaman on monday would certianly brighten my mood though, and tommorow we have a big ol mystery of data.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Having two awful characters deconfirmations at once ALMOST compensates de lack of red updates...

Card

Smash Lord
He's in as an Assist Trophy.

I think thats a pretty big honor for a character. Assist Trophy is pretty much the next best thing apart from being Playable. So instead of whining about it, why not be happy knowing that one of your favorite characters is going to be immortalized in the Smash Bros series as an Assist Trophy.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

I think thats a pretty big honor for a character. Assist Trophy is pretty much the next best thing apart from being Playable. So instead of whining about it, why not be happy knowing that one of your favorite characters is going to be immortalized in the Smash Bros series as an Assist Trophy.
He is not just an AT, but a sucky one at that!!!:mad:

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I can take nothing but joy for Waluigi being unplayable, and sticking a tennis racket in his hand, showing the world that he's just sports filler.
Amen. I'm a Waluigi fan (especially of my own rendition of how he should appear in Brawl) and all, but he's just ridiculously shallow. I'll be more than supportive of him being playable in a possible fourth Smash once he's made at least one appearance in something non-sport or -party related.

Edit: forgot to link those words to the actual image for shameless art plugging. :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Especially given the fact that he's Japan-only. To even bother including him for the U.S. release, I guess it's just nice to see him for a change. :grin:

Top Bottom