• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
He's in as an Assist Trophy.

I think thats a pretty big honor for a character. Assist Trophy is pretty much the next best thing apart from being Playable. So instead of whining about it, why not be happy knowing that one of your favorite characters is going to be immortalized in the Smash Bros series as an Assist Trophy.
yeah but its bad thats he's on of the ATs that can be attacked. anyone know any others.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I liked this update. It kind of makes me fear Isaac's fate though. I admit, I'm not mad about Waluigi being an AT, but Stafy could have been a cool character, I think...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
No.. that is a ******** logic

Thats almost like saying, Luigi shouldn't get in Smash Brawl because Yoshi is that "green" character.
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, he's basically Kirby but more starlike. Look at their faces. There must be SOME reason the games havent come out in anywhere but Japan.

I personally don't mind the two being unplayable, maybe Stafy deserved it more than Filler McWaluigi (almost definitely), but what does his ommission as playable really take out?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't fear so much for Isaac's inclusion. The fact that one of the AT's updated tonight wasn't him is a plus. Sakurai isn't giving new or old characters this month.

There's hope next month!

Memo326

Smash Cadet
LOL, Sakurai seems to know of theories we have so he can deconfirm them.

Alphabetical Icon Theory? Here go some more icons to screw you.
One stage per franchise updated before release? Ok, then I'll update Mario Circuit already.
3-0-3-0 Newcomers, with the first being on the first day of the month? No newcomer December 3rd, then.
It's Sakurai's birthday/the 100th update/the original release date/bla bla? Look, a regular update!
At least one character update each week? Hello, character drought!
Metaknight not updated because he's unlockable? No, he was just delayed 'for some reason'!
At least one character (red) update each week? Let's update two AT's then on Friday!

And I laugh. =P

The only thing still standing IMO is the Icon Theory without the alphabetical part - just separated in Original/Melee/Brawl. I'll LOL when Sakurai updates Mr. Game and Watch... and his icon turns out to be #19.

About the update itself... Great update, really. Waluigi DIDN'T deserve a playable spot, and I didn't know Stafy much, so I can't tell if it'd be worth it, but at least at first glance it didn't seem so. Sorry to fans of both characters, though.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
This is by far the best update in my opinion in the last 2 months. God, I'm so happy they are not PC!!!

Eagle

Smash Lord
LOL, Sakurai seems to know of theories we have so he can deconfirm them.

Alphabetical Icon Theory? Here go some more icons to screw you.
One stage per franchise updated before release? Ok, then I'll update Mario Circuit already.
3-0-3-0 Newcomers, with the first being on the first day of the month? No newcomer December 3rd, then.
It's Sakurai's birthday/the 100th update/the original release date/bla bla? Look, a regular update!
At least one character update each week? Hello, character drought!
Metaknight not updated because he's unlockable? No, he was just delayed 'for some reason'!
At least one character (red) update each week? Let's update two AT's then on Friday!

And I laugh. =P

The only thing still standing IMO is the Icon Theory without the alphabetical part - just separated in Original/Melee/Brawl. I'll LOL when Sakurai updates Mr. Game and Watch... and his icon turns out to be #19.

About the update itself... Great update, really. Waluigi DIDN'T deserve a playable spot, and I didn't know Stafy much, so I can't tell if it'd be worth it, but at least at first glance it didn't seem so. Sorry to fans of both characters, though.
The 100th update was a regular update?

Are you saying online is a regular update?

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed by the Stafy AT ONLY for the fact that it's NOT Tingle that we're allowed to just beat the crap out of =(

courte

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we know what needs to happen now-- we need to make some crazy *** crossover games

have kirby meet up with staffy and have demille meet up with ness so that they have a game rep next time and a good chance i hope!! GUAH this hurts so much SO MUCH!!.
AND DECONFIRM IS NOT A WORD--USE SOMETHING ELSE!!

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad the both of them got in in at least some way. Being an AT is the next best thing to being a playable character, and not everyone can be playable.

Plus, I somehow know I will feel just a little bit happier every time a Waluigi hater gets stomped into the ground by him.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Good to see my favorite Mario spin-off character made it into the battle somehow, rather than just a sticker or regular trophy.

courte

Smash Lord
oddly enough to match my emotions, mcr's ghost of you was coming on and helena was going off when i clicked refresh just 40 mins ago... so sad

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Wow... This is the first time EVER that Sakurai HASN'T updated a Character within a week. He's ALWAYS put out a Character Update, at least one, every single week.

He's done at least 1 character update every week for 29 weeks since the Dojo opened up with updates.

Japan's release is in 5 weeks so, I'm guessing Sakurai is toning everything down because of this. Everyone will find out everything by the time Brawl is released in Japan so then he can dish out crappier updates because the info will be out there anyway. In a word, he's saying:

"Sorry but, no more Character updates. Japan release is coming soon so you'll find everything out then anyway so, you can fend for yourselves if you want info on it. Have fun with Item, Music, and Game Mode updates :)"

I'm honestly not expecting any more updates on any characters, confirmed or not.

The pattern has broken so everything else from now on will seem random.

MisterT676

Smash Rookie
I, for one, am glad Sakurai had the good taste to NOT include the abomination Waluigi as a playable character.

Who knows what other characters that could have legitimized.... Watingle??

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong...

But if the CoroCoro update is on Saturday, and that's in Japanese time, doesn't that mean we technically find out everything tomorrow? You know... Our Friday?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
ok, i really hope nobody is complaing tonight. 2 UNEXPECTED ASSIST TROPHIES = MIGHTY WIN. and niether of the assist trophies have swords!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Waluigi, Stafy, and all assist trophies finally definitively deconfirmed as playable characters...this update made me love Sakurai all over again!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i will say though, the fact that two more characters are deconfirmed does add to the chance of a 30 character roster. still, really good update.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong...

But if the CoroCoro update is on Saturday, and that's in Japanese time, doesn't that mean we technically find out everything tomorrow? You know... Our Friday?
It depends on what time of day it is.

By 10AM GMT -05 (or EST) in North America it's Midnight in Japan.
By 2PM GMT +09 in Japan it's Midnight in NA GMT -05

So if they update it any time between midnight and 2PM Japan time then they will be a day ahead of us.

Midnight to 2PM Japan time is 10AM to Midnight in NA GMT -05

Top Bottom