• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Roatigas

Smash Rookie
Guess Lucas is Ness v2.0. Which is good, since I never liked Ness's standard moves (yo-yo smashes, ugh).
Gotta feel bad for the Ness fans, though.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna miss Ness. Was my main in Smash 64. He got severly nailed with the nerf bat in Melee, but I still liked to play him now and then. Sure, it's possible Sakurai is mindgaming us... but it's all but official that Ness is not in Brawl.

To grieve, I'll only be using Ness during my Melee playtime for the next week. :\

Hell, I think I may even have to bust out the 64 for one last run.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
By the way to those using the "up until now" as proof:

いままで (ima made) = "until now, so far, up to the present"

eg. "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series so far, and Lucas is very similar."

Translations can shift the meaning of things.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOO!!! Ness had to comeback, I mean, the only thing I wanted for sure were the Original 12 to comeback. Darn Mother 3 and its popularity x.x

I am for sure not touching Lucas at all now (I will, but I won't like it)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
YES! I was right about the update!

NESS CONFIRMED TO BE OUT!!!!! YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's pretty cruel. How could the Ice Climbers of all things get in on their heritage and Ness not?

Lucas is just Ness with no baseball cap, bat (doesnt he use wands?), yoyo, or backpack, and weird hair.

Poor Ness, you sucked in Melee and now you're dead.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
" There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Ness deconfirmed.

hmm maybe no falcon
But who could replace falcon? Ness was replaced by Lucas.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I went emo as soon as i saw that update. )=

I never did like Ness' yoyo stuff, that stuff stalled and took too long to finish and wasn't worth it because the reach was really small.

Lucas does have a tether recovery though, but still, they could have changed Ness. ;-;

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Sakurai is a mastery of dickery.

Throw word inflections and 'proof' around as necessary - until I see that full character roster with no Ness in sight, he won't be gone to me. Once that happens, I'll accept it and move on.

Stubborn? Yes.

I DON'T TRUST SAKURAI

HE'S GOT A HEAD FULL OF MAD, HE DOES
I like your style, but I can't really share your optimism at the moment. I'll admit the arguement can go either way, but its not looking good for Ness at the moment.

My word, what an aggravating set of updates
Old items! Deal with it!
Gray Fox is in, but you cant play him and I made sure to remind you!
Is Ness gone? IS HE!? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went emo as soon as i saw that update. )=

I never did like Ness' yoyo stuff, that stuff stalled and took too long to finish and wasn't worth it because the reach was really small.

Lucas does have a tether recovery though, but still, they could have changed Ness. ;-;
Lucas' standard attacks ARE quite boring...

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
In the English update, the wording makes it seem as though Ness is returning. Keep hope Smash Boardians!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I was saying way back when Lucas was confirmed that Ness wouldn't be returning. Sakurai implied he wasn't in that very post, but people thought I was crazy.

I like it when I'm right.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
This is certainly the most disappointing update to me. Don't get me wrong, the update as an update is pretty good, it gives a complete moveset plus some standarad attacks, but what makes it disappointing is that it looks like Ness's Smash Bros days are behind him. Ever since Lucas has been confirmed, things looked bad for Ness, and now Lucas is sporting Ness's old abilities (to which Ness could have new abilities, but that's a pretty big stretch). While Ness isn't my absolute favorite character, I feel a bit let down to see him go for a Japan exclusive character, I have nothing against Japan exclusives, but I don't want them at the expense of internation characters (as in removing the international character for the Japan exclusive).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Haha Sakurai will not replace falcon silly. If he does, I will KILL him.
HAHA that was funny but **** no **** falcon yet. Are we going to have a character announcment drought? For how long???:urg:

R.I.P. NESS
1999-2007
SUPER SMASH BROS.

:ness:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Don't you mean 1999-2001? Ness hasn't appeared again since then.

Yeah I thought about that but we didn't know he was dead until now. But if it makes you happy.........:embarrass

R.I.P. NESS
1999-2001
SUPER SMASH BROS.

:ness:

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, better than the rest of the week, but means nothing to me so I poop in Lucas' breakfast.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
joke post sorry if i got your hopes up
I was in denial, even though you did get my hopes up. >:

Some of them look very different. I'm glad his smash moves have changed. I'm sad to see that PK Magnet is only one side now instead of a circular sphere around him.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
joke post sorry if i got your hopes up
O no u didn't.....I was just wondering where the hell that came from haha. But a Ness alt costume is very possible now.

But off the Ness's dead topic I really was hoping for a character announcment. Something tells me it will now be a week or 2 until we get one of those. I think will get another stage before another character.

Top Bottom