• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

3Years

Smash Lord
\\__//
(^x^)
o( . )o everyone, meet Bunny, I am training bunny so he can become a super warrior that will take over the world. But I can't do this by myself, I need your help to get armor, weaponry and a personal trainer. If you want to help me and poor Bunny over here, copy and paste this in your sig. I thank you already. PS: He also needs psycological help to stop him from beating me up instead of the targets... >.<

i saw this on peach-mans sid and i thought it was so dope

skull kid for brawl!!!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OMG!! GRAY FOX!!

it's just to bad he isn't gonna be playble anymore *frowns face*

but at least he made it as an Assist which I guess is all that matters but anyway...

for tonight's update....

-either some character moves

-someone's Final Smash

-A veteran character confirmed such as Ness, Capn't Falcon, Luigi or Mewtwo

- some info on how to play

-or more info on Subspace Emmisary villains such as Bosses or minions

EliteSmashArtist27

Smash Cadet
You know, Alot of people say Sakurai is illigoical and his methods dont have a pattern.

While I was looking at the characters page on the website however, I clicked the part that said "list posts by date" and I noticed in it there was a pattern of final smash, special moves and character thats come about recently. It isnt always consistent, but its there, and its a pattern!!!!!!

Have said that, Im gonna predict its gonna be a character out of those three. I hope its Ganon dorf, or
even mew two, lucario, liu kang, ryu. Some thing check out the link btw

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/list.html

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You know, Alot of people say Sakurai is illigoical and his methods dont have a pattern.

While I was looking at the characters page on the website however, I clicked the part that said "list posts by date" and I noticed in it there was a pattern of final smash, special moves and character thats come about recently. It isnt always consistent, but its there, and its a pattern!!!!!!

Have said that, Im gonna predict its gonna be a character out of those three. I hope its Ganon dorf, or
even mew two, lucario, liu kang, ryu. Some thing check out the link btw

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/list.html
Well bro the only thing I've seen that has a pattern is that I believe every single time Sakurai introduces a new character, right after that day the next day he puts the moveset on display. Other than that his pattern is sort of rather unpredictable.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
"Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character."
"Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!"

Does anyone except me find these sentences suspicious? Has he ever said "it makes you want to use him as a playable character" before for an AT? Also, why would he say he reapears alongside Mario and Sonic? Is an AT really important enough to be considered "alongside" a character? All they do is do a couple of attacks and disappear.

Lastly, there's this picture:

This bothers me because in every other picture, he is attacking or reflecting something. Sakurai could have just taken the picture before he started to attack, and that's probably what happned, or he is a PC and the player is just not moving. I'm probably just overanalyzing, but

"You never know what might happen in this world."

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
"Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character."
"Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!"

Does anyone except me find these sentences suspicious? Has he ever said "it makes you want to use him as a playable character" before for an AT? Also, why would he say he reapears alongside Mario and Sonic? Is an AT really important enough to be considered "alongside" a character? All they do is do a couple of attacks and disappear.

Lastly, there's this picture:

This bothers me because in every other picture, he is attacking or reflecting something. Sakurai could have just taken the picture before he started to attack, and that's probably what happned, or he is a PC and the player is just not moving. I'm probably just overanalyzing, but

"You never know what might happen in this world."
Assist trophies fight alongside you.

And why would he make something an assist trophy AND a character?

I personally think there is a character similar to Gray Fox that's coming out (perhaps Raiden? from MGS?)

I predict final smash or character tonight

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Assist trophies fight alongside you.

And why would he make something an assist trophy AND a character?

I personally think there is a character similar to Gray Fox that's coming out (perhaps Raiden? from MGS?)

I predict final smash or character tonight
Yeah, but I mean he could be a PC and not an AT, but he just said it was an AT so it would be more of a surprise when you unlock him.

Doesn't make much sense, but it could happen.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
Thursday will most likely be a character's moves or final smash. Friday will be the announcement of Rayquaza as a boss. Then next week either Ganondorf, Krystal, Falco, or Captain Olimar will be announced.

volbound1700

Smash Master
We need a character, this week has been very blan compared to past weeks. Only Monday's was real good. Todays was decent. Tuesdays was bad.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Triple update! Mega Man, Olimar and Micaiah!

I'm pretty sure my heart would stop beating and I'd go into a coma in all the excitement.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
tonight i think...........

well

Stage or character update(final smash, moves)

or a veteren or newcomer

in fact i think a boss update for razquaza (whatever his name is)
would be a more likely update

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I mean he could be a PC and not an AT, but he just said it was an AT so it would be more of a surprise when you unlock him.

Doesn't make much sense, but it could happen.
Remember this? : http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html

Sakurai makes it pretty clear that assist trophies can not be playable characters.

Sakurai said:
Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
I believe we will not have a Challenger Approaching update for awhile, because Sakurai is an *** like that.

I believe in Rodger Young.

I believe that Zelda's moveset will be kept hidden until just a few days before the release, say the first of February or so, since Zelda is most likely a starter character, or able to be unlocked very shortly if most characters are unlocked from SSE(though I hope not, I like variety in my missions to unlock the unlockable), so as to build up the hype of Shiek's fate.

I believe in life after love.

I believe that the obvious feature updates (i.e. old items, old styles of gameplay) or old features with new twists will become much more frequent, so as to have an excuse to delay the big things whenever possible.

I believe that hobos deserve a day off.

I believe that no other melee veteran shall be announced, for Sakurai wishes for all characters who have been unlockable in either melee or 64 to be unlockable again, specifics reasons unknown, he just wants to do it that way.

I believe you think I am sure you are wrong.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Remember this? : http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html

Sakurai makes it pretty clear that assist trophies can not be playable characters.
Did you even read what I said? He might not be an assist trophy, but be a playable character. He's could be saying he is an assist trophy on the website so it would be more of surprise when you unlock him as a PC. I know this most likely won't happen, but his wording in the update seemed very strange to me.

Anyway, back on topic. I think tomorrow's update will be Krystal or Falco.

burrito

Smash Lord
Did you even read what I said? He might not be an assist trophy, but be a playable character. He's could be saying he is an assist trophy on the website so it would be more of surprise when you unlock him as a PC. I know this most likely won't happen, but his wording in the update seemed very strange to me.
Okay, but even that is impossible unless Sakurai is lying. Sakurai actually says, "Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages". If you look at that page, Gray Fox is listed on it. So, Gray Fox can not be a character.

I know what Sakurai said was a bit weird, but he was probably just teasing.

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
being that gray fox was my favorite mgs character and he was snake's best friend (not otocon)
i can't help but be irritated by his teasing

oh well

tonight will be

captain falcon as an assist trophy

just to **** with his fans

achtung!

Smash Cadet
being that gray fox was my favorite mgs character and he was snake's best friend (not otocon)

oh well

tonight will be

Hahah, that would be TERRIBLE.

I'm guessing tonight will be a stage again. Maybe Sonic's stage. Either that or a newcomer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ok, I'll give it another go...

Something Mario RPG related, or Mother related

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
once again i'll say..
for tonight's update...

-Ridley confirmed

- a vet returning (hopefully Mewtwo)

- a boss from Subspace Emmisary

-or someone's moves or Final Smash (hopefully Snake's)

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
firday's update:

double update

pc dig dug guy

and dig dug guy special moves

neutral b dirt toss
swings his shovel into ground which throws dirt forward
can be used in air but it just swings shovel for dmg and knock back
if used in air and lands mid swing dirt will be thrown still but the less of the swing is done on the ground the less dirt thrown

side b fire lizard
he pulls out lizard, then a moment later (think the time before bacon is thrown with G&W neutral b) a burst of flame pops out

down b burrow
he digs down into the ground then you can move him around underground (you can see where he is via diglet style dirt thing)
while underground he is impervious to attacks while underground you can jump out or a jump attack thing out of the ground,
both have lag but the non-attacking jump has significantly less lag.
after an allotted amount of time he climbs out (this has about the same amount of lag as the non-attacking jump)

AIM0001

Smash Lord

oh well

tonight will be

HAHA no way in hell is that happening if that happend it would instantly deconfirm Ness and Ganon n definatly Falco. But for real it's Cpt. Falcon's night.:)

Top Bottom