• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
In Air Ride, there was only one window you could not break without doing the objective... the "Cleared All Challenges" Window.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
And in kirby airride you could unlock characters and alt. costumes

could be the same with brawl, he says you can't break open some boxes (Character boxes)
That might be true, why else would we be unable to brake a block unless it is something really important and Sakurai feels you should earn it.
If the blocks do hide characters or alt costumes (highly unlikely), it wouldn't be right if you suddenly unlocked Geno when you first start play or say Ganondorf's OoT costume and sword without having Ganondorf to begin with.

EDIT:
In Air Ride, there was only one window you could not break without doing the objective... the "Cleared All Challenges" Window.
That is for Unlocking Master Hand and Crazy Hand as Playable Characters ;P

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I just hope he doesn't do a "Mortal Kombat 3D." Half of the Krypts that cost hellish amounts (or in this situation, are unbreakable) were nothing but artwork and such (or in this case, stickers.)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
HOLY ****EDY **** I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO OMG!!!!!!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!
Although I thought it would be challenges that you do to unlock "hints" on how to get things you don't have. That's INSANE that it's actually in Brawl!
****IN SWEET HAHAH!

I just posted this on two threads OMG!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I just hope he doesn't do a "Mortal Kombat 3D." Half of the Krypts that cost hellish amounts (or in this situation, are unbreakable) were nothing but artwork and such (or in this case, stickers.)

Ya that would be bull$hit.....I hated how they tricked us into buying crypts that we though were stages, characters or alts. Im sure Brawl wouldnt do that though. Atleast they better not. :mad:

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Hmm....Anybody else wonder what happens if you unlock everything without using one of your hammers? Do they just dissapear or would you be rewarded? ....Interesting.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
In kirby's air ride some spaces would give you Pink checks, which you could use to check any uncompleted goal. when you finished the board it went gold, but the pink check stayed pink until you managed to accomplish what you skipped by using it.

also, if you accomplish something you pink-checked on, you didn't get the pink check back. there was just a pink checkbox with nothing in it on the side.

also, I wonder. checklist system = no "new challanger" battles?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
i think the new challenger is still in. or well, at least SHOULD still be in IMO.

yeah, but that'll mean they won't be having us unlocking characters through the challanges grid, or else there'll be no point in that. what? the challange won't clear if you lose to the new character?(not that that happens lol)

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
It's not a bad update. It's kind of a meh way to start off the week, but whatever.

It's a nice concept, though. Lots of squares = lots of unlockables.

Totally calling an item tomorrow, and a veteran/new challenger later in the week.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Yay!, Birdo Trophy...I have to agree that it's looking kind of like Kirby Air Ride, I mean first it's Dragoon, than Frozen Hillside music, now it's the Challenges? Wow, Sakurai, are you trying to make up for how bad KAR was?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
It's not a bad update. It's kind of a meh way to start off the week, but whatever.
The way I look at it, we're in the home stretch. Each "meh" update is just one "meh" update closer to the complete revelation of all information once the game is released in Japan, so only 10 "meh" updates to go at this point. :)

Barstool

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arispect
Actually, this update is pretty sweet. I loved this feature in Kirby Air-ride, and this actually rewards you for each and every challenge!

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Like i said, 7 not 8 :p, some people(like me :p) are going to be playing and posting about the full version on the 23rd.

I don't think updates will stop afterwards, but they'll be much less important.
You're currently in Japan, right? So would the 23rd for you be the night of the 22nd for most of this board?

Top Bottom