• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I thought alt costumes were not going to happen but now I'm glad that Iam wrong. Wario is one of my fav characters and it's good to see him in his old costume. I'm glad he was the character to be choosen to show that alts are confirm. Pretty d@mn good update. Fridays wasn't too hot but tonight made up for it.

Now I wonder what other alts will be in the game?

Somasu

Smash Ace
"Wario alone" killed the update for me =|

I mean, It's cool to see original Wario back.. but.. WHY did they have to have it for just Wario? There's so many characters that could easily have an alternate costume.. Mario and Dr. Mario, for example..

Ugh... dammit Sakurai =P

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
This is...wow. It's...

I'm at a loss for words. Overalls Wario? Seriously? So, Wario is the only one with like 10 outfits? Sheesh.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
They could of included Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario (unless of course, Dr. Mario is back)

But Wario alone is special...

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Does this mean Dr. Mario is gone? Or in? He's not an alt costume but then how would the moveset come about without some cloning?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Well, alt costumes are either

a) absolutely confirmed - why should Wario be the only character with an alt?

b) absolutely deconfirmed - each character has to be modeled twice, which would take up a lot of time for the graphics designers, so they only did Wario.

I'm leaning toward the first. Honestly, why would Sakurai favor Wario so much? Every character has at least one possible alt, and Wario might just have it by default - perhaps the others have to be unlocked.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This actually makes me really really happy. I was worried that they were forgetting about the games I actually grew up with when it came to Wario, so it's nice to know that, if I want to play him, I can play the character from my childhood instead of his newer version.

The "him alone" thing is disappointing, though.
Ditto :ohwell:
But it gives me hope that Dark Samus is not an alt color for Samus(it was a dumb argument anyway) :)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I don't think I've ever really been upset about an update until now. This was just bad. Wario does not deserve 2 outfits..with 6 colors each.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

b) absolutely deconfirmed - each character has to be modeled twice, which would take up a lot of time for the graphics designers, so they only did Wario.

I'm leaning toward the first. Honestly, why would Sakurai favor Wario so much? Every character has at least one possible alt, and Wario might just have it by default - perhaps the others have to be unlocked.
Ice Climbers? Pit? Mr. Game & Watch?

cswright

Smash Apprentice
sounds like its just him but maybe they'll squeeze a couple more alts in the game befoe release

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Just ONE person? That's a little ridiculous. Now, I doubt EVERYONES going to have two. I will say about 10% of the total roster would have an alternate costume.

Y'know Sakurai now, he's smarter than that.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
This update is one of those ones I wish I had only seen the German version of. Why only Wario, WHY ONLY WARIO!?

Why give an elaborate color scheme to someone like Samus with the fusion suit and not ACTUALLY make the Fusion suit?

This update makes me angry. Surely they could have come up with more costumes for at least a few more characters. But no, only Mr. Lard gets one.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
In my head, one of the things I was predicting for Christmas was some form of costumes. I forgot it's only a few hours from Christmas in Japan. Anyway, as I mention in another thread, I doubt the "Wario alone" thing for a certain reason. But I love this update.

super-7

Smash Journeyman

there are certain chars that can have alt costumes like mario and samus
i.e doctor mario, Dark Samus

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i thought i liked the idea of alt costumes until this update. it just seems like a waste of space now that i think about it. if the characters are still going to play the same i don't see why we need "overalls" wario or "doctor" mario. just plain ole' wario and mario are fine by me.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Come on Sakurai, this whole update is redonc. Why should ONLY Wario get to have an alt costume? There are much more deserving characters, in fact everyone deserves at least one alt costume.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

He has that, "I'ma Number One" pose. This update is gold. I hope it's his taunt as well.

courte

Smash Lord
quote sakurai

Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special...

its a massive win and epic fail at the same time
now everyones gonna make threads speculating... it's such a wild ride being on this site lol

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I predict tonight's update will be for Wario having a alternate costume of his overalls form. With its own alternate colors, even!

...Oh, wait...

Just a bit early, eh, Sakurai? :p Good update though. I doubt it'll only be Wario who gets this treatment.

courte

Smash Lord
oh yea this sorta does onfirm doc mario IF SAKURAI HADN'T SAID WARIO ALONE!!

though would you all still play him if he was just a different looking Mario??

does warios outfit change anything about his attacks?? answer probably not
will it be like a clone?? answer wait for the launch

will it be wario alone?? answer well thats what he said but wait for the launch i can see the threads starting already

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I was really effing excited when I thought at first every character has an alternate costume.

But then I read it, "Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special..."

WHY?! Why only Wario!?!?
Wait this is only for Wario? D@mnit thats not good. Hopefully thats not true. Anyway I want Wario to have a Waluigi color too to pay tribut to a character who was recently deconfirmed.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Yep might as well give up the chance that any of the other characters would get alternate costumes instead of colors because as we all know Sakurai wants to reveal everything to us right now you know.... because that is the point in his website... to reveal every thing in the game before it comes out. Guys sit back and relax. If he just went ahead and said that everyone had alternate costumes then it wouldn't be as exciting when we find out ourselves. Maybe Wario is the only one with that many costumes but hey I like the doubt that is left by his statement. Good work Sakurai, plz keep the suspense levels up. I actually thought it was funny because of the abnormal number of people that were mad that Wario didn't have his classic look when he was first announced. I bet all those people are feeling all warm and fuzzy inside right now. LMAO

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
The denial is sickening. Can't you guys read? "Wario alone is special". Thats even MORE condemnatory than the "Up until now" thing for Ness!
But Smashboards posters alone are special...

Ya really, people really need to stop being in denial.

But Wario alone is special...

Clearly stating that Wario is the only character to have an alternate costume.

Though with this tidbit of information, Doctor Mario(imo, would of been a likely candidate for an alt costume), might actually make a return. Might be over speculating though (like alot of people)

Top Bottom